google officer mark allen macphail

Officer Mark Allen MacPhail, Sr., Savannah Police Department, Georgia

everyone is remember troy davis...what about the man he killed?

I think the problem, bones, is that a) the criminal justice system is about punishment of a perpetrator and not providing satisfaction for a victim's family; and b) in this particular case a good number of the people who testified against troy davis have recanted. that might not have gotten him exonerrated, but it should have been explored....

Some of us don't need any dead body to make us feel better.

I think the problem, bones, is that a) the criminal justice system is about punishment of a perpetrator and not providing satisfaction for a victim's family; and b) in this particular case a good number of the people who testified against troy davis have recanted. that might not have gotten him exonerrated, but it should have been explored....

It's supposed to be about justice. And that is all it should be about.

no dead body....but you will find a 100 pages on troy davis....why? cause people feel guilty....why?

someone should remember who the man was who was killed 22 yrs ago

Considering that 7 of the 9 witnesses recanted, coupled with the fact that several witnesses said they were coerced by the police, as well as the fact that the ballistics didn't match up, yeah.......I think he should have been given a stay until it could have been sorted out.

As far as Macphail's family stating they were thirsty for justice, not blood? If they were truly interested in justice, then Mr. Davis should have been given a new trial.

From the sounds of this, it was a railroad job and would have been considered a mistrial, but the state just wanted to put it behind them.

justice for the person accused... whether guilty or not.

How did he not get justice? Did he not know that shooting people and killing them was against the law when he did it? Did he not know that the potential penalty for committing murder was execution? Did he not get a fair trial by a jury of his peers? Did he not get 22 YEARS full of appeals and attempts to escape his sentence, apparently including massive attempts at witness tampering?

How much more fucking justice is there to give him? (Note: we are not defining "justice" as "changing the system to match what Jillian thinks it should be.")

How did he not get justice? Did he not know that shooting people and killing them was against the law when he did it? Did he not know that the potential penalty for committing murder was execution? Did he not get a fair trial by a jury of his peers? Did he not get 22 YEARS full of appeals and attempts to escape his sentence, apparently including massive attempts at witness tampering?

How much more fucking justice is there to give him? (Note: we are not defining "justice" as "changing the system to match what Jillian thinks it should be.")

what part of: most of the witnesses recanted their testimony and the ballistics don't match is overly complicated?

it's actually the prosecution that ostensibly tampered with, and threatened witnesses.

no dead body....but you will find a 100 pages on troy davis....why? cause people feel guilty....why?

and if troy davis wasn't the murderer?

you ok with killing him to appease the family?

Since the possibility that 34 people independently identified him as the shooter - given that he was so brilliant as to commit his crime in a Burger King parking lot - I can't imagine why anyone would worry about "If he wasn't the murderer".

and if troy davis wasn't the murderer?

you ok with killing him to appease the family?

Since the possibility that 34 people independently identified him as the shooter - given that he was so brilliant as to commit his crime in a Burger King parking lot - I can't imagine why anyone would worry about "If he wasn't the murderer".

once again for the intentionally obtuse, many of the witnesses recanted and claimed they were coerced by prosecutors. the ballistics also apparently didn't match.

i figure that was enough to look into before the state kills someone.

but curse some more, it makes your posts oh so much more compelling.

Forum List

Back