Google news searches and blog sites

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Anyone else notice that when you do a google news search it seems like 75+% of what comes up on the first page is blogs?

blogs are opinion.

Call me old fashioned, but when I'm looking for news, I'm not interested in some doucher's unsolicited opinion.

This could have something to do with it...I read a recent article which I couldn't find, but here's an older one...

Media titan and News Corp czar Rupert Murdoch seems to be on a warpath against Google's spiders, particularly with regard to Google News' indexing of News Corp items.

In an interview today with Australian media outlet Sky News, Murdoch hinted that when News Corp sites start charging users for access to content around June 2010, said content will be de-indexed from all search engines. It's an old-school approach to the burgeoning threat of new media, but who wants to argue with a 78 year-old billionaire? And exactly how much share does News Corp hold in the search engine news v. old-guard media battle?

Australian-born Murdoch said in the interview, "There are no websites... anywhere in the world making any serious money. Some may be breaking even or maybe making a couple of million."

Murdoch continues to criticize Google as plagiarists who steal News Corp content, just as he claims users should never have had access to free content in the first place. Take a look at this video of the interview. Beware: It's long and deeply fascinating:

Murdoch to Block Google from Searching News Items?

Forum List

Back