Google launches " Project Owl" to eliminate fake news from search engine

Do you enjoy being lied to, do you accept it when you find out the truth even in simple everyday lif

• Yes i'm an idiot

• No i've been taught not to lie , because it is deceiving

Results are only viewable after voting.

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
On Tuesday morning, Google announced some major changes meant to fight the fake news and hate speech that keep polluting its search results. The Google update, codenamed “Project Owl,” gives consumers two new ways to report what they perceive as problems in the search results. The company is also using teams of humans as part of an effort to get its algorithms to show more reliable information. Here’s a plain English Q&A about the changes and what they mean to you.

Google Launches "Project Owl" to Eliminate "Fake News" From Search Engine

the right to choose what you want is being stripped from you, the sad part is the idiots don't believe it, don't understand it and can not admit they are being fed bs information.
Who in their right mind would want to be dueped by false information, if being lied to or fed false information or a totally one sided information wasn't wrong there wouldn't be such a term as " LYING" .........

The right to chose is being enhanced. Identifying the demonstrably fake news doesn't stop you from accessing it or even believing it.

Speaking of fake news, looks like Alex Jones lost custody of his kids.

Smart mother to save her children from that human garbage pail.

You know, Google changing its algorithm won't have any effect on me. Why? I choose to use the 3 point plan for verification of a story, meaning that I like to check 3 different sources if a story seems a bit strange.

The places I like to verify my information from is the AP, BBC World News, and VICE News, as a general rule, but will use other sources if I need to.

On Tuesday morning, Google announced some major changes meant to fight the fake news and hate speech that keep polluting its search results. The Google update, codenamed “Project Owl,” gives consumers two new ways to report what they perceive as problems in the search results. The company is also using teams of humans as part of an effort to get its algorithms to show more reliable information. Here’s a plain English Q&A about the changes and what they mean to you.

Google Launches "Project Owl" to Eliminate "Fake News" From Search Engine

the right to choose what you want is being stripped from you, the sad part is the idiots don't believe it, don't understand it and can not admit they are being fed bs information.
Who in their right mind would want to be dueped by false information, if being lied to or fed false information or a totally one sided information wasn't wrong there wouldn't be such a term as " LYING" .........

Time to use Bing or Duckduckgo then.

Google has a nasty persistent tracking cookie anyway.

The whole "fake news" narrative is a Trojan Horse to introduce censorship against conservative oriented news sources.

Ever ever use Google for anything. There are lots of other options. Use Duck Duck Go for your browser or better yet use The Onion Router. There are a wide variety of choices for email, never use gmail.

Forum List

Back