Google is evil

All google crap is off. Google simply doesn´t respect privacy.
Sorry but yes they do, it's up to the user to select that don't share/track option. Personally I believe users should have to opt in, not opt out but since I'm not yet Emperor for life I can't force them to do it the ethical way........ or what I consider the ethical way....... :D
Violating privacy is their only business model.
Criticism of Google - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

they aren't violating your privacy. you voluntarily participate. and you first have to HAVE an expectation of privacy. of course, you can always turn off your location services.
Gathering locations isn´t Google´s only service. And there is no guarantee that your GPS is indeed off when you think you´ve turned it off.
All google crap is off. Google simply doesn´t respect privacy.
Sorry but yes they do, it's up to the user to select that don't share/track option. Personally I believe users should have to opt in, not opt out but since I'm not yet Emperor for life I can't force them to do it the ethical way........ or what I consider the ethical way....... :D

they aren't violating your privacy. you voluntarily participate. and you first have to HAVE an expectation of privacy. of course, you can always turn off your location services.
Gathering locations isn´t Google´s only service. And there is no guarantee that your GPS is indeed off when you think you´ve turned it off.

i'm pretty sure it is. but then again i don't care and i'm not one of those people who won't use E-Z pass because the gubmint might know where i am.
Google knows much more about you. When you visited which websites for example. I am using ghostery in the hope it will prevent facebook, google and co to spy on me. You know, the facebook button´s simple presence is tracking you, you don´t even have to hit it. You have exactly NO privacy if you don´t do something about it. It is like the floor you are walking on is tracking you in the real life.

Last edited:

i'm pretty sure it is. but then again i don't care and i'm not one of those people who won't use E-Z pass because the gubmint might know where i am.
Google knows much more about you. When you visited which websites for example. I am using ghostery in the hope it will prevent facebook, google and co to spy on me. You know, the facebook button´s simple presence is tracking you, you don´t even have to hit it. You have exactly NO privacy if you don´t do something about it. It is like the floor you are walking on is tracking you in the real life.

Apple is little better. And when you combine Apple and Facebook on an iphone that has location services turned on?

I had something happened that really pissed me off last week.
Hulu Plus had stopped working on Roku.
I was on the Hulu Plus website...and I posted a complaint on their support page.
Little did I know that post..and about 50 others who kept posting on this same support thread - also posted on my face book page!!
It practically took over my page - and of course everyone who is my "friend" on Facebook was seeing the same posts on their site.
So I looked into how this happened.
Apparently when I signed up for HULU, on that page was an "agreement" where I "agreed" that my login was tied to Facebook. And of course they had the "right" to post on my facebook page at will.
It took me a good 10 minutes to find the privacy settings on HULU to turn off this bullshit.
Keep in mind I use ABP and NoScript.

Apple is little better. And when you combine Apple and Facebook on an iphone that has location services turned on?
I dont know it on iOS but you can turn it off in the fb settings regardless of your android phone settings.

Yes. They track what you search etc. I just don't worry about it.

It doesn't know what floor you're on. As I said they couldn't even tell what borough I was in.

It doesn't know what floor you're on. As I said they couldn't even tell what borough I was in.
Suerly, they create user profiles and sell them - Like facebook does.

A lot of companies do that. Maybe I shouldn't be so sanguine about it but I am.

Maybe. I don´t feel so good with that knowledge.

Shit Germany and its shit capital - Shits!! I cuss it. God help.
Here is an advance for you :)
teure-Behandlung-1362499426_66.jpg

Maybe. I don´t feel so good with that knowledge.

fair enough.

Just back from Barbados and took about 200 pictures. Shortly after adding them to Google drive a little movie pops up and matches the picture with the location. Airport, Hilton, Oistens etc. I never entered the locations but Google was tracking where and when I took the photos!

Bing's evil. Everytime I try going to Bing it crashes the browser. Used to work, doesn't any more. Whereas Google works normally and fine.

Forum List

Back