Google is evil

Just back from Barbados and took about 200 pictures. Shortly after adding them to Google drive a little movie pops up and matches the picture with the location. Airport, Hilton, Oistens etc. I never entered the locations but Google was tracking where and when I took the photos!

Your first mistake was trusting GEVIL in the first place. You are not a customer; you are a product.

by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Show us the pictures :)

3623-1429886858-022fc6bb1edbb1e3d1627a0f13203d65.jpg

3626-1429886866-33dff43c8b8471aa05efa6cca1a3a3c6.jpg

3627-1429886869-ceab90097f2642cb5094421c028e1ccb.jpg

3629-1429886876-b20c8d1ceb1418b05de6655afaf36f78.jpg

WTF I haven't seen Esso in 30 years in the USA
3624-1429886860-7e73a728953bc3259c67f5df55d9e024.jpg

So how was it? The wife and I are thinking about a different island this time around.

It was phenomenal. The weather was actually cloudy most of the time but that was a blessing because I haven't spent much time in the Sun since I used to live at Jones Beach during the summers. I forgot to put lotion on my pasty white legs and got lobstered after about 2 hours of Sun poking through the clouds

I highly recommend Champers restaurant. We made our reservation 1 hour before sunset and I got the photo above as a result.

Tourism is the number 1 industry on the Island so the people are very friendly. Rum is also very big and they imagine that after 300 years of trying, they've made it drinkable all by itself -- not in my book.

If you have Location Services turned on, on your iPhone (most people do) and Locations is turned on for Camera, many people's are...take and send someone a photo - and anyone VERY easily can see your GPS coordinates instantly.
On a PS with Win 7 or above, all they have to do is select properties...summary...whallaaa...same with a mac.

fwiw, I was in montreal recently. since then the hotel we stayed at keeps popping up in ads on this site.

gotta love modern technology.

Jillian, Type 'where am I' in google.

I clear cache constantly for that reason too.
It knows I'm in El Paso but doesn't know where in El Paso I am....... There's a reason for that........ :D
As for my cell phone I only turn on the location tracker when I need it, (getting directions, etc), when I'm done I turn it off.

fwiw, I was in montreal recently. since then the hotel we stayed at keeps popping up in ads on this site.

It knows I'm in El Paso but doesn't know where in El Paso I am....... There's a reason for that........ :D
As for my cell phone I only turn on the location tracker when I need it, (getting directions, etc), when I'm done I turn it off.
All google crap is off. Google simply doesn´t respect privacy.

Exactly what I do.
There are several 'spy apps" that can be installed on smart phones without the users knowledge that shows real time GPS. The installer can see 24 hrs a day where someone is, or at least where there phone is.
You have kids everywhere installing apps right and left from unknown websites...way - way -way more dangerous than installing programs off the internet on a computer.
How easy it is for a criminal/stalker to real time track someone with a smartphone is unbelievable. As well as see through the camera.

What

Sorry but yes they do, it's up to the user to select that don't share/track option. Personally I believe users should have to opt in, not opt out but since I'm not yet Emperor for life I can't force them to do it the ethical way........ or what I consider the ethical way....... :D

I did. It's off by a few miles. and put me in a different borough.
That's cause New York is screwed up anyway........ :eusa_whistle:
:D

Have you ever tried finding your way around Boston?

I did. It's off by a few miles. and put me in a different borough.
That's cause New York is screwed up anyway........ :eusa_whistle:
:D

Have you ever tried finding your way around Boston?
Where? :eusa_whistle:

Sorry but yes they do, it's up to the user to select that don't share/track option. Personally I believe users should have to opt in, not opt out but since I'm not yet Emperor for life I can't force them to do it the ethical way........ or what I consider the ethical way....... :D
Violating privacy is their only business model.
Criticism of Google - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

they aren't violating your privacy. you voluntarily participate. and you first have to HAVE an expectation of privacy. of course, you can always turn off your location services.

I am sorry you are in El Paso...

life must be good if that is your bitch of the day...your photos of your Barbados trip have been ...whatever...

you can be sure a fucking debbie downer sometimes....

they aren't violating your privacy. you voluntarily participate. and you first have to HAVE an expectation of privacy. of course, you can always turn off your location services.
Gathering locations isn´t Google´s only service. And there is no guarantee that your GPS is indeed off when you think you´ve turned it off.

Gathering locations isn´t Google´s only service. And there is no guarantee that your GPS is indeed off when you think you´ve turned it off.

i'm pretty sure it is. but then again i don't care and i'm not one of those people who won't use E-Z pass because the gubmint might know where i am.

Forum List

Back