Google is evil

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Just back from Barbados and took about 200 pictures. Shortly after adding them to Google drive a little movie pops up and matches the picture with the location. Airport, Hilton, Oistens etc. I never entered the locations but Google was tracking where and when I took the photos!

Last edited:
Just back from Barbados and took about 200 pictures. Shortly after adding them to Google drive a little movie pops up and matches the picture with the location. Airport Hilton Listens etc. I never entered the locations but Google was tracking where and when I took the photos!
Shhhh ... we're not alone ....... eyes and ears are everywhere ....... whisper and only talk when it's about what you had for lunch ........ warning: they're watching and recording ..... privacy is only in the most remote darkest corners of the Earth, and even then, don't let your guard down for a second ......... be afraid, be very afraid ........ you have something they want .... and when they're ready ..... they'll come get it ....... and no, it's not the government ..... it's THEM ... yes, THEM ......... the ones that ... that .. that ..... I can't talk now ..... I have to go ... will explain later ......... Shhhhh ... not a sound ........

Big Brother is watching you.

Google's photo montage tracking my whereabouts is the proof.

I took a photo of a cute dog begging scraps at a fish fry and when it went to GoogleDrive, Google knew the location. I never entered the location and until now, I had no idea Google was matching my photos with my GPS coordinates

It's not a joke and I turned off my phone GPS this morning

Digital photos have data embedded in them and most likely you never selected "do not share" so your uploaded photos are geotagged. Digital camers have GPS embedded in them and is part of the data in each picture taken (longitude and latitude) so pretty much anyone can see where the photo was taken. Don't blame Google if they're using EXIF to enhance the user experience, some people want that.
Also criminals make use of that technology also............

Digital photos have data embedded in them and most likely you never selected "do not share" so your uploaded photos are geotagged. Digital camers have GPS embedded in them and is part of the data in each picture taken (longitude and latitude) so pretty much anyone can see where the photo was taken. Don't blame Google if they're using EXIF to enhance the user experience, some people want that.
Also criminals make use of that technology also............

OK thank you for clearing that up

Title should be changed to: "At first I thought Google was evil, now I know that they're just using EXIF to enhance my experience"

Show us the pictures :)

3623-1429886858-022fc6bb1edbb1e3d1627a0f13203d65.jpg

3626-1429886866-33dff43c8b8471aa05efa6cca1a3a3c6.jpg

3627-1429886869-ceab90097f2642cb5094421c028e1ccb.jpg

3629-1429886876-b20c8d1ceb1418b05de6655afaf36f78.jpg

WTF I haven't seen Esso in 30 years in the USA
3624-1429886860-7e73a728953bc3259c67f5df55d9e024.jpg

Just back from Barbados and took about 200 pictures. Shortly after adding them to Google drive a little movie pops up and matches the picture with the location. Airport, Hilton, Oistens etc. I never entered the locations but Google was tracking where and when I took the photos!

Which it undoubtedly says in the user agreement you didn't read. :)

Who reads User Agreements?

They are watching you Frankie!! :badgrin:

Yup. So is Amazon.

Lawyers. That's about it though. South Park had a great episode about this "Humancentipad" :)

"Frothgar: 'Kay, this says he agreed to be taken and made part of any experiments Apple wants to perform.
Stan: Yeah, but it's all a mistake. He actually didn't read the agreement.
Frothgar: [scratches his head] He didn't read it?
Butters: We know. It's preposterous."

that's scary.

fwiw, I was in montreal recently. since then the hotel we stayed at keeps popping up in ads on this site.

gotta love modern technology.

Sometimes I wished my cameras had location information stored in file. I am reluctant to store anything online as I have sold several pictures and don't what to see them elsewhere. All my slides and BW negatives have contact sheets that sometimes helps find area, but when someone asks I can only approximate location. Today I often take road and route signs to help pinpoint place.

Lawyers. That's about it though. South Park had a great episode about this "Humancentipad" :)

"Frothgar: 'Kay, this says he agreed to be taken and made part of any experiments Apple wants to perform.
Stan: Yeah, but it's all a mistake. He actually didn't read the agreement.
Frothgar: [scratches his head] He didn't read it?
Butters: We know. It's preposterous."

I don't think most lawyers read them either.

fwiw, I was in montreal recently. since then the hotel we stayed at keeps popping up in ads on this site.

gotta love modern technology.

Jillian, Type 'where am I' in google.

I clear cache constantly for that reason too.

Forum List

Back