google IPO

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
an opportunity for us little people maybe?

google is going to do a public online auction to do their IPO purchase so everyone gets a shot.

looking forward to possibilities :D

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
an opportunity for us little people maybe?

google is going to do a public online auction to do their IPO purchase so everyone gets a shot.

looking forward to possibilities :D

I'm just afraid if it goes public it's going to get corrupted. How corrupt is it now, do you think, corruption in terms of google meaning, "how much are the results skewed by payoffs?"?

despite the founders claim of 'not following the drum beats of wall street', its a possibility. Even if it becomes corrupt, it could be good money in a short term investment.

despite the founders claim of 'not following the drum beats of wall street', its a possibility. Even if it becomes corrupt, it could be good money in a short term investment.

That's what I thought when worldcom went to $.11 per share.

:rolleyes:

Oh well. $60 is pocket change, and it would have made a nice little profit if they went up to $5.00 each. :D

Though I'm mister free market I have some issues with how the public stock market is operated. The quarterly reporting system leads to extreme short term thinking and it becomes difficult to implement long term plans. I guess you have to sell yourself to the right types of investors, investors who have taken time to understand your strategy. I think it's a slight problem when people treat the stock market like a slot machine.

I would prefer everyone start a small business, instead of delegating the role of innovation to corporate fat cats, who consider innovation to be forcing people to work 80 hrs a week.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Though I'm mister free market I have some issues with how the public stock market is operated. The quarterly reporting system leads to extreme short term thinking and it becomes difficult to implement long term plans. I guess you have to sell yourself to the right types of investors, investors who have taken time to understand your strategy. I think it's a slight problem when people treat the stock market like a slot machine.

I would prefer everyone start a small business, instead of delegating the role of innovation to corporate fat cats, who consider innovation to be forcing people to work 80 hrs a week.

Fantastic perspective. You also get a higher return over time in the beginning of your "labor" investment when you have a business. When you do that, then get debt free (or vice versa), you end up with a pay off larger than the taxed payout of a stock market portfolio unless you are in the upper 5 % of investors after 20+years or more. -AND by having the business you could easilly achieve that in 10 years or less.

Purchase yer necessity physical things like a car, build a house (or buy one) -AGAIN you are debt free, and now you have your two largest expenses outside of health care paid for entirely and have zero debt. Minimum wage is now a decent living for you if you even needed it.

Meanwhile the investor has not learned how to keep from paying 50% in taxes.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Fantastic perspective. You also get a higher return over time in the beginning of your "labor" investment when you have a business. When you do that, then get debt free (or vice versa), you end up with a pay off larger than the taxed payout of a stock market portfolio unless you are in the upper 5 % of investors after 20+years or more. -AND by having the business you could easilly achieve that in 10 years or less.

Purchase yer necessity physical things like a car, build a house (or buy one) -AGAIN you are debt free, and now you have your two largest expenses outside of health care paid for entirely and have zero debt. Minimum wage is now a decent living for you if you even needed it.

Meanwhile the investor has not learned how to keep from paying 50% in taxes.

Once again, it's people abdicating responsibility for their lives to others. "I'll just let the fortune 500 do everything while I throw another shrimp on the barbie" . Bad idea.

Forum List

Back