Google Exposed as Left Wing Manipulators of Research - EU Slaps W/Record $2.7B Fine

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
About D@mn Time...

Google Slapped With $2.7 Billion EU Fine Over Search Results

"The European Union’s antitrust regulator on Tuesday fined Alphabet Inc.’s GOOGL -1.22% Google a record €2.42 billion ($2.71 billion) for favoring its own comparison-shopping service in search results and ordered the search giant to apply the same methods to rivals as its own when displaying their services.

The decision, if it is upheld, would force Google to reshape the way it presents search results for products in Europe, the latest move by Brussels to rein in the tech world. The decision could also have farther-reaching implications for other Google products and services—
as well as those from competitors.

If the ruling sets a precedent that holds, these firms might all have to rethink how they make products that—like Google’s search engine—have become more than just tools, but dominant gateways to the wider internet."

Their biased BS manipulation of research extends beyond the EU....

About D@mn Time...

"The European Union’s antitrust regulator on Tuesday fined Alphabet Inc.’s GOOGL -1.22% Google a record €2.42 billion ($2.71 billion) for favoring its own comparison-shopping service in search results and ordered the search giant to apply the same methods to rivals as its own when displaying their services.

The decision, if it is upheld, would force Google to reshape the way it presents search results for products in Europe, the latest move by Brussels to rein in the tech world. The decision could also have farther-reaching implications for other Google products and services—

If the ruling sets a precedent that holds, these firms might all have to rethink how they make products that—like Google’s search engine—have become more than just tools, but dominant gateways to the wider internet."

Ah, they're left wing and doing traditionally right wing things, and you don't like it huh?

Ah, they're left wing and doing traditionally right wing things, and you don't like it huh?
They have been weighed, they have been measured, they have been judged, and they have been found guilty. 'nuff said.

About D@mn Time...

Let's see here, Advertising 101, I'm in business my goal is to drive consumer traffic to my business and that of my business partners over and above my competition, (there's a reason it's called competition). My competition's goal is to drive consumer traffic to their business and their business partners.
The EU, one of the most left leaning organizations on the planet tells me that now I have to drive consumers to my competition....... How does that make sense? And you applaud?

Last edited:
If they just openly declared their research algorithms to be biased - which is their prerogative I believe - there would be no problem.

Never mind...everyone now know it. :p

Holy crap, thats terrible. Why would you enjoy that?
"before i show you my product, let me show you my competitors" said no one ever

About D@mn Time...

Wow, I guess there is no way for someone with a different political point of view to find common ground with you. You're calling him out for applauding Google's fine for what you call traditional right wing things.

If they just openly declared their research algorithms to be biased - which is their prerogative I believe - there would be no problem.

Never mind...everyone now know it. :p
Of course their algorithms are biased, they're in business to make money.......... Anyone who doesn't understand that all businesses are self biased is either an idiot or a fool. Every time a business attempts to drive consumers their way it's an open declaration of bias.... Duh.........

And we get it, you hate Google. Your prerogative.......... There are alternatives even in the EU........

About D@mn Time...

So based upon your outrage with Google and what they are doing here, I assume you are a strong supporter of Net Neutrality then. Correct?

Forum List

Back