Google Earth.

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
You certainly heard about this awesome software.

It gives the possibility to look every place on earth.

of course, people said that it can be a very dangerous tool in terrorists' hands, but for the people like you and me it can be very good.

So, if you want to post here some pcs from Google earth, of your city, of yout house, of some places you like...enjoy !

aix6pe.png

the center of my city, Aix-en-Provence, with the old middle-age street in some places, and straight streets at the bottom of the main street (quarter rebuilt during the XVIIth, that's the reason).

red circle : the building with my flat.

nytaxis0xv.png

NY cabs.
high : 20 meters, 60 feet.

That's crazy to think you can see Earth like the astronauts on the Moon, and with a simple zoom, watch a city like a man in his office at the 15th level of a building !

sahara0ub.png

Sahara desert.

Not fantastic, except for the beauty of the view and the lonelyness and purity of the dunes.

But the amazing thing is....that it is watched as the same high than.......

this !
paris4qs.png

Paris and the beginnig of its suburbs can enter easily in this "little" Dune.

That's crazy with the desert : you can't know the scale, the high, without comparaison...

(look at the high of the 2 pics, bottom right, if you want to check : about 45,000 feet)

usnavyla7nr.png

USN, San Diego

(this zoom is really awesome, you can look everything ! ;) )

marinenationalebrest3ee.png

French warships of the Marine Nationale, in Brest.

niagara2nl.png

Niagara Falls (at least I think, I found them with comparaison to an atlas, it was the lonely waterfalls between the lake Erie and the Ontario)

If some of you want to puit pictures, here, no hesitation ! ;)

or if you don't have Google earth but you want all the same look some places, say it here, I'll try to find them.

well, not all the earth places are enough clear.

You can zoom everywhere to a certain distance with a good picture, but you can zoom until 300 feet only in some places (with a good picture).

For the moment, i find that the 2 places with the best zoom are NY and Chicago. 30 feet and 40 feet and the taxis are quite precise.

padisha emperor said:
well, not all the earth places are enough clear.

You can zoom everywhere to a certain distance with a good picture, but you can zoom until 300 feet only in some places (with a good picture).

For the moment, i find that the 2 places with the best zoom are NY and Chicago. 30 feet and 40 feet and the taxis are quite precise.

Yeah, I've used it before. It isn't that my area wouldn't be clear. I think they either have no satellite coverage or they simply don't care enough about the few houses that are there. We live on the plains, outside of any city or town.

New Topics

Forum List

Back