Google Chrome URL vulneability - No patch yet.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
A heads up for you Chrome users!! It's not a security vulnerability but it will crash your browser and have you exclaiming long strings of crass vulgarities.......

Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt

Visiting—or merely mousing over a link that contains a specific string of characters—is enough to cause the current release of the Chrome browser to crash.

A heads up for you Chrome users!! It's not a security vulnerability but it will crash your browser and have you exclaiming long strings of crass vulgarities.......

Visiting—or merely mousing over a link that contains a specific string of characters—is enough to cause the current release of the Chrome browser to crash.

I wonder if that affects Chromium as well? It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I don't actually know how often that string of characters gets used in URLs. :)

Interesting... I've been using chrome for years now and never had a problem. It's never crashed either. If this ever became a problem though I'd switch back Firefox.

Interesting... I've been using chrome for years now and never had a problem. It's never crashed either. If this ever became a problem though I'd switch back Firefox.
When I discovered the story it was only 2 hours old so it's a new development.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back