Google Chrome or Firefox web browser?

Google Chrome is best browser. I have use it and I have find that it is several time faster compare to other popular browser. That's why people using the Google Chrome more.

Lately I've been having a problem with Firefox 11.0...

... temporarily locking up when I switch between tabs...

... anybody else havin' this problem or hear anything about it?
:confused:

I always prefer Google Chrome. It is one of the fastest browser which I have ever seen and used. Its downloading and browsing speed is really very impressive.

Google Chrome is the fastest because it is the "lightest" browser... There is not much running in the background of the browser to slow it down so in turn, you have more processing power to browse. Because of this, it is also one of the more secure browsers. To supplement this, using TACO and "prefer https" will really enhance your browsing experience...

I like Firefox best. It bugs me that Google Chrome can't be cleaned up with Spybot or C-Cleaner. Maybe it's just me. :lol:

I like Firefox best. It bugs me that Google Chrome can't be cleaned up with Spybot or C-Cleaner. Maybe it's just me. :lol:

cCleaner will clean up Chrome. You just have to make sure you have the appropriate selections under the "Applications" tab. It will get rid of cookies, passwords, auto-fill, etc. It's deselected by default. Be careful though if you don't have your passwords written down...

Lately I've been having a problem with Firefox 11.0...

... temporarily locking up when I switch between tabs...

... anybody else havin' this problem or hear anything about it?
:confused:

Yeah. Playing YouTube. Temporarily using Chrome right now. Strike that. It's working okay.
I like FF's Favorites Configuration better.

Last edited:
Google Chrome is the fastest because it is the "lightest" browser... There is not much running in the background of the browser to slow it down so in turn, you have more processing power to browse. Because of this, it is also one of the more secure browsers. To supplement this, using TACO and "prefer https" will really enhance your browsing experience...

You will actually loose more processing power with Chrome the more tabs you have open. This is because each tab runs as a separate process. Open a few sites and look in task manager. You will see as many chrome.exe processes as you have tabs open. Yeah, Chrome blazes with when it's lightly loaded but that changes with the amount of workload required.

Don't download 16 yet till they work the bugs out of it...
:eusa_eh:
Mozilla Firefox browser upgrade taken offline due to vulnerability
11 October 2012 - The Firefox browser is used by millions worldwide
The latest version of Mozilla's Firefox browser has been taken offline after a security vulnerability was discovered. Users who had upgraded to version 16 were advised to downgrade to the previous safe release until Firefox developers released a fix. The vulnerability allowed "a malicious site to potentially determine which websites users have visited", Mozilla said. The non-profit company said that only a "limited number of users are affected". The download had been taken offline within a day of its initial release, the organisation's UK spokesman said. He added that no users had been upgraded automatically to the new version.

Automatically upgraded

In a blog post, Mozilla's director of security assurance Michael Coates said a fix was being worked on and should be expected on Thursday. "At this time we have no indication that this vulnerability is currently being exploited in the wild," he added. "Firefox 16 has been temporarily removed from the current installer page and users will automatically be upgraded to the new version as soon as it becomes available. "As a precaution, users can downgrade to version 15.0.1 by following these instructions. Alternatively, users can wait until our patches are issued and automatically applied to address the vulnerability."

Firefox was one of the three leading web browsers, with more than 450 million users worldwide, Mozilla said. Microsoft's Internet Explorer and relative newcomer Google Chrome are its key competitors. In recent months, various figures suggested Chrome had overtaken Firefox's market share, pushing the Mozilla Foundation's flagship product into third place in the browser race.

BBC News - Mozilla Firefox browser upgrade taken offline due to vulnerability

Firefox is really beginning to suck. I'm thinking about switching to Safari.

Here's one thing I've noticed. Firefox tends to suffer more from crummy plugins than Chrome or Safari. When I first got Chrome I thought it was lightening fast -but then later I worked with a fresh install of Firefox and experienced similar speed. If you're having issues, and want to stay with Firefox for familiarity or whatever reason - you might try ripping out the plugins you're not using.

With Chrome, everything you type into the URL/search bar gets reported to Google. The Google CEO's response to that concern was "Look, if you're not guilty of anything, you have nothing to worry about." Hence, I use Firefox.

Interestingly, Mozilla gets paid millions by Google for making Google the default search engine on Firefox. But that just means searches get reported to Google, or whichever search engine I choose. Simply browsing on Firefox isn't tracked.

If you haven't tried Firefox for a while, check it out again. It's much faster and leaner now, only barely slower than Chrome. And it's gotten much better at not letting bad plugins crash the browser. And they've added an easy way to reset the profile to default (while keeping bookmarks and settings), which fixes most old problems.

My plugin list -- designed for privacy and security -- is:

Adblock Plus (blocks most ads)
Ghostery (blocks tracking cookies. There are currently 4 tracking cookies on this board.)
Flashblock (Flash animations only play if you click on them)
NoScript (javascript scripts don't run without permission)
BetterPrivacy (blocks LSO/Flash cookies)

Firefox is really beginning to suck. I'm thinking about switching to Safari.

If you're on a Mac, Safari is by far the best browser. Maybe check out Firefox again with v18 in around 3 months, which is when Firefox will begin supporting the high resolution mode of Retina displays.

If you're on a PC, Safari is a dead browser. Safari v6 was released for the mac, but not the PC. Apple has quietly given up on the Windows version of Safari, and they no longer offer any versions of it for download.

Forum List

Back