Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

Dishonest? I made a mistake, and I admitted it.

Nevertheless, my point stands. The economy's in the shape it's in because the GOP abandoned its conservative roots and moved left.

We don't need two liberal parties.

Or, you dishonestly tried to pass off a different Mike Lofgren, then when you were caught, claimed that it was just an honest mistake.

Your history of deceit leans in that direction.
Oh, horseshit. You're just being a butthurt little sissy again.

You have no proof of your allegation, just like always.
So, it's your contention that you're just incompetent when it comes to internet searching?

I don't buy it. You know how to click links, and that one was fairly obvious. Were you just so excited over finding a Mike Lofgren who donated to Democrats that you peed your pants, preventing you from clicking the available links while you ran to the bathroom?

From the first article;

If you ask why I remain such a strong Obama supporter, it is because I see him as that rare individual able to withstand the zeal without becoming a zealot in response, and to overcome the recklessness of pure religious ideology with pragmatism, civility and reason. That's why they fear and loathe him. Not because his policies are not theirs'. But because his temperament is their nemesis. If he defeats them next year, they will break, because their beliefs are so brittle, but will then reform, along Huntsman-style lines. If they defeat him, I fear we will no longer be participating in a civil conversation, however fraught, but in a civil war.

Yeah. Obama is the antithesis of zealotry. His whole demeanor, and attitude, and approach stands in stark contrast to the inflexible extremism of the current crop of conservative Republicans. So, when they try to paint Obama as a left wing zealot, it just doesn't at all ring true. If anything, it's like trying to convince someone that Martin Luther King actually was a mad terrorist with an unhinged desire to overthrow the US Gov't and replace the US Constitution with a Black Panther dictatorship. One would have to be equally mad to believe such nonsense.

If anything, the RW is trying to turn Obama's willingness to compromise into a weakness. Frankly, at this point, Obama's only real option is to go directly to the American people and hope that public opinion and public pressure will eventually force Republicans to actually do the job they were elected to do. Because without that kind of pressure, conservative Republicans are just going to thumb their nose at the whole country until after the next election.

Another true paragrah from the Sully piece:

That's how I explain the current GOP. It can only think in doctrines, because the alternative is living in a complicated, global, modern world they both do not understand and also despise. Taxes are therefore always bad. Government is never good. Foreign enemies must be pre-emptively attacked. Islam is not a religion. Climate change is an elite conspiracy to impoverish America. Terror suspects are terrorists. When Americans torture, it is not torture. When Christians murder, they are not Christians. And if you change your mind on any of these issues, you are a liberal, an apostate, and will be attacked.

6a00d83451c45669e201543557fc0a970c-320wi

Another true paragrah from the Sully piece:

That's how I explain the current GOP. It can only think in doctrines, because the alternative is living in a complicated, global, modern world they both do not understand and also despise. Taxes are therefore always bad. Government is never good. Foreign enemies must be pre-emptively attacked. Islam is not a religion. Climate change is an elite conspiracy to impoverish America. Terror suspects are terrorists. When Americans torture, it is not torture. When Christians murder, they are not Christians. And if you change your mind on any of these issues, you are a liberal, an apostate, and will be attacked.

6a00d83451c45669e201543557fc0a970c-320wi

Your quote is exactly why I don't buy that old chestnut about being a liberal until you're old enough to know better. It's more like "old enough for dementia to set in."

Or, you dishonestly tried to pass off a different Mike Lofgren, then when you were caught, claimed that it was just an honest mistake.

Your history of deceit leans in that direction.
Oh, horseshit. You're just being a butthurt little sissy again.

You have no proof of your allegation, just like always.
So, it's your contention that you're just incompetent when it comes to internet searching?

I don't buy it. You know how to click links, and that one was fairly obvious. Were you just so excited over finding a Mike Lofgren who donated to Democrats that you peed your pants, preventing you from clicking the available links while you ran to the bathroom?

I thought I had the right guy. I didn't.

Now, are you gonna keep yapping about it, boy?

Christian fundamentalists have no special representation or power of influence in the Tea Party Movement. Supporting that statement is the fact that of the issues the TPM lists as the most important or those they put forward as an agenda for politicians they hope to influence or to elect, not a single one is a social/moral one like gay marriage as a single for-instance.

Are there Christian fundamentalists in the TPM? Perhaps, as well there are Catholics, atheists, teachers, union members (yes, I know that for a fact), laborers, technicians, and scientists, and many others, in other words it is a true grassroots movement.

If there is a single demographic more represented than any other in the TPM, it is that of "seniors;" or people with a few more years, and a fuller degree of life experience. The reason for their being in abundance is because they are more aware of the recent tilt to the dangerous slope we are on and see it as imperative to do something to stop the insanity. In the process they accept the likely modification of the earned benefits they have paid into for all their working lives; I.E. Medicare, Social Security as necessary.

That's who the Tea Party actually is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back