Goodbye Space Shuttle Goodbye Jobs!

I was never a big fan of manned flights. Loved the Mars rovers and the Hubble telescope. Manned flights for maintenance are fine, but unmanned projects are more cost effective

Do you understand the reason for manned flights?

Buck Rogers
No. He hasn't been born yet.

One, and mind you this is only one reason of many, reason we have manned flights into space is to test and evaluate our ability to withstand the harsh environments. We do this so that when it comes time to try and use some of the resources found with in our solar system, we can know what our limits are.

They just recently showed that there is some amount of water on the moon. With that discovery, it now becomes possible to plan a colony that will be capable of mining. Next is a determination of there is anything on the moon that is worth mining. Iron? Uranium? Aluminum? It is quite possible that everything we mine on Earth can be mined on the moon.

None of this is possible until we can answer questions on the effects of very long term exposure to micro gravity on the human body.

Or we can keep on mining on Earth and possibly destroy our environment.

Do you understand the reason for manned flights?

Buck Rogers

One, and mind you this is only one reason of many, reason we have manned flights into space is to test and evaluate our ability to withstand the harsh environments. We do this so that when it comes time to try and use some of the resources found with in our solar system, we can know what our limits are.

They just recently showed that there is some amount of water on the moon. With that discovery, it now becomes possible to plan a colony that will be capable of mining. Next is a determination of there is anything on the moon that is worth mining. Iron? Uranium? Aluminum? It is quite possible that everything we mine on Earth can be mined on the moon.

None of this is possible until we can answer questions on the effects of very long term exposure to micro gravity on the human body.

You know, you might actually want to READ the article.
The shuttle’s successor, the Constellation program, will pursue former President George W. Bush’s goal to return astronauts to the moon and launch a manned mission to Mars.

Buck Rogers

You know, you might actually want to READ the article.
The shuttle’s successor, the Constellation program, will pursue former President George W. Bush’s goal to return astronauts to the moon and launch a manned mission to Mars.
Hmm...

Obviously, I wasn't responding to the article, was I?

Forum List

Back