Goodbye Ronnie

Originally posted by Gop guy
It's eery how Bush is becoming more and more like him.

Bush has some major issues to deal with before he can come close to Ronnie. Border Issues (Amnesty etc), Medicaid entitlements. A couple other things there too but on a whole hes been very tough on Defense and has stood by what he said he was going to do.

Think Washington better up it's estimate of 100k. Calf. is up to over 40k already. They said there is no way that everyone is going to get in, they are sorry. People were waiting 6-8 hours overnight.

Makes me feel good about America !!--Ronnie always had faith in the human spirit and the individual effort and he was successful. One would think people would learn from this.

Ronald Reagan knew that there is an indomitable spirit within the American People, and with him dies a piece of that spirit....I will miss you Mr. President.

I believe that there is nobody alive today with his grace and peaceful stregth, his ability to communicate that same grace and transfer a small part to the people whom he represented. To guide the nation in a positive direction during both good times and bad and return to America a pride in Liberty and Freedom and strength again to our collective soul.

In Memory of Ronald Reagan:

"It is not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work -- work with us, not over us; stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it. "

First Inaugural Address, January 20, 1981

"[N]o arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."

First Inaugural Address, January 20, 1981.

"We've done our part. And as I walk off into the city streets, a final word to the men and women of the Reagan revolution, the men and women across America who for 8 years did the work that brought America back. My friends: We did it. We weren't just marking time. We made a difference. We made the city stronger, we made the city freer, and we left her in good hands. All in all, not bad, not bad at all."

Farewell Address to the Nation, January 20th, 1989.

A link to A Time for Choosing, aka The Speech:

http://www.presidentreagan.info/speeches/the_speech.cfm

An Excerpt:

"You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream-the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path. Plutarch warned, "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.""

And my personal favorite:
"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."

—President Ronald Wilson Reagan, June 6th, 1984

Forum List

Back