Goodbye Religious Freedom

that may be so...and OJ won too.....so............

back to the deli...ahem.

please equate this and tell me what you think is fair for the individual practitioner under the law.

Simple ... the deli restricts the menu based on their religion but anybody can come in and buy what they are selling.

The practitioner, however, is not trying to restrict what they perform based on their religion because they will still perform the procedure for heterosexual couples instead, they are restricting who they perform it on because of their sexuality and are basing this policy on their religious befliefs ... it's cut and dry discrimination.

Another part of that was mentioned by someone is that this doctor recommended another doctor for this procedure, who did not have any religious issues with it....that seemed fair enough.

yes, what i'm saying is i think it is fair enough.

Simple ... the deli restricts the menu based on their religion but anybody can come in and buy what they are selling.

The practitioner, however, is not trying to restrict what they perform based on their religion because they will still perform the procedure for heterosexual couples instead, they are restricting who they perform it on because of their sexuality and are basing this policy on their religious befliefs ... it's cut and dry discrimination.

i agree there is a distinction to be drawn, but still...anybody can come in and buy what they're selling, and if they're not selling what you need (cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger), and you have the choice to go elsewhere, what is the actual harm?

Last edited:
The doctors probably need to be sued for being dumb asses. They should have told the lesbos they had a tee time that prevented them from taking on any new clients.

Hmmm ... a sensitive issue ... the doctors did pay for a referral to a doctor that didn't have an issue with performing the procedure ... but on the other hand you have doctors using their faith as a reason to discriminate against a group of people ... it's like opening a restaurant with a sign outside saying "No Gay's Allowed."

I don't have a problem with either of those.

i agree there is a distinction to be drawn, but still...anybody can come in and buy what they're selling, and if they're not selling what you need (cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger), and you have the choice to go elsewhere, what is the actual harm?

It's bullshit. There are plenty of doctors who will perform the procedure. This is just more activism to force people via judical ruling to do something they don't believe in.

That's how it works around these parts nowadays. Welcome to America, now bend over.

The doctors probably need to be sued for being dumb asses. They should have told the lesbos they had a tee time that prevented them from taking on any new clients.

Another option----" Well I really think lesbians are sinners and going to hell but if you don't care if I perform a procedure on your uterus with that kind of attitude, let's go for it."

The harm is you are setting a bad precedent ... if a doctor can refuse a service because of one's sexuality because someone else is willing to do it ... then other services can be denied to groups by groups ... because other groups are willing to provide that service ... and so on ... and so forth.

no, it is not that cut and dry....it could be the doctor does believe, for RELIGIOUS REASONS, that homosexual relationships are not Biblically, or whatever the religion's belief, sound relationships to bring forth a child in....they could truely believe that doing such, would be religiously unsound for them.....offering the paid referal of another doc who does not object should satisfy BOTH, without harming either.

why would this couple even WANT a surgeon near them that religiously objects?

did they SET THIS UP, for the lawsuit? sure seems like it....

care

These doctors had no more right to discriminate against lesbians than do pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control or day after pills.

You are not convincing me. I support pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control, and I especially support pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions for day after pills.

If I needed an abortion and my gyn refused to perform one on me citing a religious objection to me having a medical procedure to which I have a legal right, you can bet I would sue that doctor's sorry ass off just like those lesbians sued theirs. A person who has a conscientious objection to killing other humans is not the same as someone who wishes to practice medicine in a manner which discriminates against patients for religious reasons or for any other illegal reasons.

That sounds selfish. Why not just go to another doctor? You know that there are other doctors who are willing to perform the procedure.

Forum List

Back