Goodbye Poor Japan...

Er, no. The smallpox blankets tactic is documented by the people who used the tactic. The physical letters still exist.

34_40_305_fn.jpeg

I was wrong on assigning to Canadians. It was used by the British in 1763 near Fort Pitt (now Pittsburgh) during the French and Indian Wars.

Siege of Fort Pitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tokyo isn't going anywhere. It's just the people who lived there are: away...
You are fucking insane. I mean absolutely batshit crazy to where I wonder how you can possibly hold down a job or feed yourself.

People in Tokyo haven't gone anywhere, I go there for business all the time and will be back there later this year. If you want I'll take pictures in Shinjuku and Shibuya of the thousands of people walking around and leave it to you to explain how stupid you were.

Damn message boards really do enlighten one to how much insanity is in the world around them. Fucking nutcases.

They are in the process of leaving, quietly. Children and women first. Men to follow. It will take time for all of them to realize what a health hazard it is to stay, but when runoff and groundwater begins to make the soles of their shoes start to melt and their feet go numb, they'll be accelerating that pace.

Tokyo isn't going anywhere. It's just the people who lived there are: away...
You are fucking insane. I mean absolutely batshit crazy to where I wonder how you can possibly hold down a job or feed yourself.

People in Tokyo haven't gone anywhere, I go there for business all the time and will be back there later this year. If you want I'll take pictures in Shinjuku and Shibuya of the thousands of people walking around and leave it to you to explain how stupid you were.

Damn message boards really do enlighten one to how much insanity is in the world around them. Fucking nutcases.

They are in the process of leaving, quietly. Children and women first. Men to follow. It will take time for all of them to realize what a health hazard it is to stay, but when runoff and groundwater begins to make the soles of their shoes start to melt and their feet go numb, they'll be accelerating that pace.

Now I understand why your posts in the environment section are so loony, you really don't have a clue of what you speak. Color me unsurprised.

A friend had to go to Japan for business once and said he'll never return. He refused to even nod his head when bowed to. His dad was at Pearl when it was attacked.

So you're saying Japan deserves Fukushima/GE's nuclear fleet there? Really? Every single man, woman and child in Japan deserves to be irradiated to death today because of Pearl Harbor in the 1940s? Then people should refuse to come to the US to visit because of how officials here gave smallpox blankets to natives that nearly wiped all of them off the map.

Holy toledo! You get all that shit out of Mr. H's post?

:lol:

Next time you are at your therapists ask him to up the freaking voltage. Yowzah!

Okay at what point do you think this population drain will be noticeable? Any city that size losing even half its population would be quite apparent by how many cars are on the streets, how many people are in the trains and subways, etc.

When we have reached a point where it has to be obvious that people have left Tokyo, and pictures can be provided to you showing they haven't, will you take the time to post an explanation?

Japanese Physician: Children & Elderly Should Be Evacuated From Tokyo

Shigeru Mita, a physician at the Mita clinic in Kodaira city in Tokyo, Japan, is urging families to take their children out of the city based on what he is finding in patients in the region. His warning is based on examinations of over 1,500 patients which included blood tests and thyroid ultrasound examinations. He has found increased abnormalities in their differential white-blood-cell count and severe declines in neutrophil resulting in neutropenia. Neutrophil cells are the white blood cells from bone marrow that attack diseases and are involved in the healing process.

Neutropenia is common among patients receiving radiation treatments for cancer. However, the patience that Dr. Mita sees at the clinic are not receiving cancer treatments, they are simply in Tokyo, becoming ill, and going to the doctor. By itself, patients don’t have symptoms that are unique on the surface other than increased number of illness and infections. The reduced level of neutrophil cells seriously compromises their immunity and makes it difficult for them to fight diseases naturally. He stated (translated from Japanese)...

Our patients mostly come from Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama, and other Northern Kanto areas. I have found an obvious decline of neutrophil value in leukocyte (WBC) of these children.

The pediatricians’ general textbook says that reference value of neutrophil for healthy children (6-12 years old) is between 3000 and 5000. 3000 is considered as the threshold value. But the mean number of neutrophil values of the children who have visited our clinics since the accident has decreased to 2500. The mean value should normally be 4000, but it has shifted to 2500. It is lower than the threshold value of 3000. I think this points at a serious problem.

Dr. Mita reports that a baby born with no neutrophils. The baby recovered quickly after being moved to the Kyushu area for two months.

The situation is not entirely hopeless. He said that when patient leave to places like Osaka, Kyoto, or Shikoku they get better and their levels of neutrophil cells typically bounce back for many patients. Other patients improve, but may never get normal neutrophil levels back. Japanese Physician: Children & Elderly Should Be Evacuated From Tokyo » The Free Patriot

God damn it! I had a chance to visit Tokyo some years back and turned it down. Now it will be a footnote in history.

I'm not even going to listen to the schills that will show up on this thread to downplay the dangers to children and adults living in Tokyo, or how truly terrible, horrible and bad FOUR reactors melting down uncontrollably in Japan really is.

All I will say is that it makes me sick to my stomach knowing how hard GE sold Japan on nuclear water boilers when that nation sat on the world's third largest geothermal steam reserve already there for the tapping. Both types of energy do exactly the same thing. They use steam to run turbines: PERIOD. So one kills off an entire country and poisons the oceans for 240,000 years with the world's deadliest substance: radioactive plutonium. The other has a slight sulfur smell as is a naturally occuring resource. The worst accident from a geothermal plant would be a local explosion and some steam burns to some employees.

Wow. Just wow. Tokyo gone. Hard to believe. American greed when will you die? Anyone who participated in lying to Japanese officials, or bribing them into the nuclear industry should climb to a very tall building and jump the fuck off. No, I've got a better idea, they should be rounded up and sent to Fukushima to monitor and clean up their own mess until each one dies the slow way..

The children around Chernobyl exclusion zone:

chernobylvictimsweb.jpg

New York's proportional "future exclusion zone" [though the cancer rates in Long Island are so high now that it should already be in place] around the Indian Point Nuclear Reactor:

ChernobylNewYorkFinishedComparison.jpg

World's energy needs continue to increase. If not nuclear, then coal plants must be built. Very much a damned if ya do, damned if ya don't proposition. Nuclear's safe up to the point something goes wrong. Then it's very bad indeed. Coal's bad around the clock but effects a much smaller area. And they don't erect a fence and make no-go areas after a coal plant explodes.

But the fact remains, most European countries rely on nuclear without incident. Though not ideal, it's better than coal plants.

What we should be doing instead of building more power generation facilities is asking people to cut back energy use. Unplug electrical devices when not being used. Even an appliance that's 'off' is still drawing some power. Cumulative savings over an entire country becomes very significant. And is a simple enough thing to do not involving changing anything.

We need to funnel research monies into fusion reactor research. We're already able to do fusion-based energy, but it's still prohibitively-priced. Refinement of the technology will bring the price day making it competitive with existing fission reactors and coal plants. But until they're practical, fission-based unfortunately is the best solution.

Or we could simply impose 'energy taxes' onto usage like with other undesireable things like tobacco and junk food.

Er, no. The smallpox blankets tactic is documented by the people who used the tactic. The physical letters still exist.

I was wrong on assigning to Canadians. It was used by the British in 1763 near Fort Pitt (now Pittsburgh) during the French and Indian Wars.

Siege of Fort Pitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Er no. You stupidly didn't even read your own low hanging fruit of a source:

"Indians in the area did indeed contract smallpox. However, some historians have noted that it is impossible to verify how many people (if any) contracted the disease as a result of the Fort Pitt incident; the disease was already in the area and may have reached the Indians through other vectors. Indeed, even before the blankets had been handed over, the disease may have been spread to the Indians by native warriors returning from attacks on infected white settlements. So while it is certain that these British soldiers attempted to intentionally infect Indians with smallpox, it is uncertain whether or not their attempt was successful."

Er, now I have a link for you, a few excerpts:

Did the U.S. Army Distribute Smallpox Blankets to Indians? Fabrication and Falsification in Ward Churchill's Genocide Rhetoric
Abstract

In this analysis of the genocide rhetoric employed over the years by Ward Churchill, an ethnic studies professor at the University of Colorado, a "distressing" conclusion is reached: Churchill has habitually committed multiple counts of research misconduct—specifically, fabrication and falsification. While acknowledging the "politicization" of the topic and evidence of other outrages committed against Native American tribes in times past, this study examines the different versions of the "smallpox blankets" episode published by Churchill between 1994 and 2003. The "preponderance of evidence" standard of proof strongly indicates that Churchill fabricated events that never occurred—namely the U.S. Army's alleged distribution of smallpox infested blankets to the Mandan Indians in 1837. The analysis additionally reveals that Churchill falsified sources to support his fabricated version of events, and also concealed evidence in his cited sources that actually disconfirms, rather than substantiates, his allegations of genocide.

What Really Happened?

The High Plains smallpox epidemic of 1837 has been analyzed by numerous historians. None of the previous histories have indicated any U.S. Army presence in the vicinity, much less any military involvement in genocide. None have mentioned a word about a boatload of blankets shipped from a military smallpox infirmary in St. Louis. None have mentioned any medical personnel as even being present in the vicinity, much less deliberately violating quarantine by sending infected Indians out among the healthy population.

Historians agree that smallpox was brought to the High Plains in 1837 aboard the steamboat St. Peter's—which was owned by a fur trading company—as it made its annual voyage up the Missouri River from St. Louis, delivering goods to the company's trading posts along the way. The disease followed in the steamboat's wake, making its appearance among the southern-most tribes along the river before it spread to the Mandans at Fort Clark and tribes north (Connell, 1984; Ferch, 1983; Dollar, 1977; Hudson, 2006; Jones, 2005; Meyer, 1977; Pearson, 2003; Stearn & Stearn, 1945; Sunder, 1968; Thornton, 1987; Trimble, 1985; Trimble, 1992; Robertson, 2001).

This just in: TOKYO STILL THERE, STILL FULL OF PEOPLE

More details as this breaking story unfolds...

A friend had to go to Japan for business once and said he'll never return. He refused to even nod his head when bowed to. His dad was at Pearl when it was attacked.

Your friend is a jerk. My father was in WWII, during the Korean War he was stationed in Japan where he met my mother. No, she's not Japanese, she was over there working for the civil service. We were raised with a lot of respect for all peoples of the world and to know that because your government goes to war, doesn't mean you hate the people.

He lost the chance to make so many friends. I feel sorry for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when it happened I was listening to scientists ( who were quickly silenced ) discussing the danger and long term effects of Fuchishima. GE is squarely responsible, yes. So is Tepco electric. You don't build a reactor site on a fault line. They stored the fuel rods on the roof of reactor 4 with no cover and when the explosion happened plutonium was released into the air / jetsteam. North America is in direct line of that jetstream. The trouble with what is being released into the ocean and into the air is it's invisible. We don't see the effects until it is too late. They are finding the fallout in our milk supply which tells us it is in our soil, our grass, our food supply is getting contaminated. It's very bad. The blackout of news on it is an attempt to coverup the truth. That the entire North American continent is slowly being poisoned.

* It is said that Fuchishima is worse than Chernobyl.

One scientist said the entire west coast should be evacuated. Of course, that's not gonna happen. I feel like we've just been written off by our own government.

Nuclear power should be prohibited. All it takes is a natural disaster of sufficient magnitude in the wrong area and the disaster is compounded by vast amounts of radiation being released into the atmosphere. In the coming decades the people of Japan are going to experience much grief and loss because of the events in Fukushima. God's speed to them.

Not just Japan, we're in the fallout area too.

Great thread.

My wife is Japanese. Her family lives in and around Tokyo. She speaks to them on a regular basis. We subscribe to NHK's cable service here. There is no medical crisis as described in the OP.

And...... I highly recommend visiting Japan. Interesting place in many ways.

[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] .........you could get a good job as an English teacher there......but you'd need to get off your fat ass first. If you play your cards right, you could parlay the gig into a real career.

Well, that's not as easy as you make it sound. My friend's daughter is teaching English in Japan. It took 2 degrees and several years of trying before she was finally accepted.

I remember when it happened I was listening to scientists ( who were quickly silenced ) discussing the danger and long term effects of Fuchishima. GE is squarely responsible, yes. So is Tepco electric. You don't build a reactor site on a fault line. They stored the fuel rods on the roof of reactor 4 with no cover and when the explosion happened plutonium was released into the air / jetsteam. North America is in direct line of that jetstream. The trouble with what is being released into the ocean and into the air is it's invisible. We don't see the effects until it is too late. They are finding the fallout in our milk supply which tells us it is in our soil, our grass, our food supply is getting contaminated. It's very bad. The blackout of news on it is an attempt to coverup the truth. That the entire North American continent is slowly being poisoned.

* It is said that Fuchishima is worse than Chernobyl.

One scientist said the entire west coast should be evacuated. Of course, that's not gonna happen. I feel like we've just been written off by our own government.

Yes, and the "evil/hated/communists" Russians IMMEDIATELY evacuated everyone near Chernobyl and created a 10,000 square mile exclusion zone around it permanently to save people from catastrophic health issues. They were honest and told their people how terrible it was. They tried to play it down to the rest of the world but at least they moved swiftly to help their own..

Nuclear power should be prohibited. All it takes is a natural disaster of sufficient magnitude in the wrong area and the disaster is compounded by vast amounts of radiation being released into the atmosphere. In the coming decades the people of Japan are going to experience much grief and loss because of the events in Fukushima. God's speed to them.

How many people have been killed in US nuclear stations?

The incidence of children born without brains in the Hanford area has gone way up in recent years. My husband and I have both had cancer, strangely enough we were visiting friends in New Jersey when 3 mile Island had it's little disaster.

You'll never know the truth as our government doesn't want us to know.

How many people have been killed in US nuclear stations?

That isn't a relevant question or point. The point is that no one was killed probably in Japan in a Japanese "nuclear station"...until one stupid human mistake. Putting backup generators in a swamping zone was that one mistake. Other mistakes made around the word are not having a guarantee against tornados, hurricanes, and volcanic ash clogging the intakes of other backup generators.

Now Tokyo is gone and thousands will die from radiation sicknesses, maybe millions. Of course we'll never know because the regulatory bodies will not allow the public to know the true numbers as a courtesy to GE and other corporations involved in selling nuclear water boilers to Japan...that sits on the world's third largest geothermal steam reserves

One nuclear accident can ruin your whole country. Therefore, there is no safe nuclear power plant because there will always, ALWAYS be stupid human error.

Geography should be taken into account also. We're expecting a huge earthquake, 9.0 or higher, it's not a matter of if, but when. When that cascadia quake hits, they'll be a tsunami so powerful it will go up the Columbia river and take out Hanford (which is already leaking). Plus another Tsunami will hit Japan.

New Topics

Forum List

Back