Goodbye, Faz

Faz had all these pictures of all the people he'd met in his life, and they all had captions like "Muhammad Ali says 'Hello Faz!'"

It was incredible the people he'd met in his short lifetime.

The ClayTaurus said:
Faz had all these pictures of all the people he'd met in his life, and they all had captions like "Muhammad Ali says 'Hello Faz!'"

It was incredible the people he'd met in his short lifetime.

Sounds like he was a really nice guy.

misterblu said:
Sounds like he was a really nice guy.
The one time I met him was to get pizza for a function we were having. As soon as he found out what it was for he took 30% off the bill. Smart move, too. I think I ordered pizza from him at least once a week for the rest of the year.

dmp said:
Seriously bro - just back off. Relax. From a personal standpoint, your nutlick comment REALLY bothers me because misterblu is a close personal friend.
:(

Cronyism?

rtwngAvngr said:
Cronyism?

Sure. I have a duty first and foremost to my friends and family. ESPECIALLY when they are "right". In this thread, they are RIGHT. But inspite of that, your posts in this thread have been useless and mean-spirited. Whatever mood you are in, I hope it changes soon.

dmp said:
Sure. I have a duty first and foremost to my friends and family. ESPECIALLY when they are "right". In this thread, they are RIGHT. But inspite of that, your posts in this thread have been useless and mean-spirited. Whatever mood you are in, I hope it changes soon.

I just have an issue with this clay guy calling me a racist for two days even when he himself is against affirmative action.

I do apologize to Faz for this little slip of mine. Sorry, dead pizza guy.

rtwngAvngr said:
I just have an issue with this clay guy calling me a racist for two days even when he himself is against affirmative action.

I do apologize to Faz for this little slip of mine. Sorry, dead pizza guy.
Not racist. Self involved. Go back and re-read.

The ClayTaurus said:
Not racist. Self involved. Go back and re-read.

That was the position you settled on after you realized your racist charges were assinine. You go reread.

More on Faz:

http://nancynall.com/2003/11/01/hello-customers/

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-16/114207560990330.xml?aanews?NEA&coll=2

Local sports teams received countless pizzas from Husain at cost that they sold at fundraising concessions.

Many in the Ann Arbor Public Schools were upset Friday morning to hear that Husain had passed away, said Mary Anne Jaeger, principal of Dicken Elementary School. She called Husain a community icon and said people will miss the "Faz love'' he dished out.

[Jon] Strite, a physical education teacher and coach at Slauson Middle School, recalled how eagerly Husain helped the schools any way he could. He said he had been in the process of getting Husain a proclamation as honorary mayor of Ypsilanti.

When Manish Mehta of Ann Arbor read of Husain's terminal illness in The Ann Arbor News last month, he arranged an ecumenical prayer/meditation service. Husain, a Muslim, often talked of God and spiritual matters, and was a big believer in unity among people of all faiths.

Mehta met Husain years ago at a U-M football game when he gave his sons a free pizza. "Since then, I have followed the achievements of this very special do-gooder,'' he said. "As an Indian-American, I have also supported Faz on a couple of his altruistic acts, which have ranged from collecting clothing donations for his mid-1990s visit to Mother Teresa's ashram in India, to helping disaster victims locally. He exemplified the diversity and caring nature of Ann Arborites with his flamboyant acts intended to serve humanity.''

Husain read the obituaries every day in The Ann Arbor News, and attended hundreds of funerals over the years to show the grieving family his support.

In the recent interview, Husain said he was satisfied knowing he did as much as he could for as long as he could.

"I'm just a pizza guy,'' he said. "But I hope I'll leave a loving mark.''

misterblu said:
It shows that you have a lack of respect for people in general - both living and dead.

Oh. You're wrong. I apologized to the dead pizza dude already.

Forum List

Back