Goodbye, Faz

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
None of you have probably even heard of this man, but he's a legend in the city I went to college. As cliche as it is, one of the nicest people I have ever met.

RIP :(

http://www.michigandaily.com/media/...?norewrite&sourcedomain=www.michigandaily.com

It seems that everyone he met became part of his family.

"The first time I met him he told me he loved me. He said that to everybody he knew, and you always knew he meant it," said Nick Roumel, an Ann Arbor attorney and a regular at Hello Faz.
I met him once, and I can tell you every word is absolutely true. I honestly thought I had met him some time in the past and had forgotten, the way he treated me. He was instantly comfortable with anyone.

rtwngAvngr said:
He sounds like a crackhead.

Is that the nicest thing you could find to say about someone who has died?

Very poor taste, even if you were joking. :(

rtwngAvngr said:
He flushed his son's future down the toilet for a little local fame. This is crackheady.
I can tell you, from personal experience, personal fame was not his priority (or even a tertiary goal). I realize that's difficult for you to understand, but try anyways. And a son who attends a top 5 business school in the country, while playing varsity baseball, hardly seems like he had his future sacrificed.

The ClayTaurus said:
I can tell you, from personal experience, personal fame was not his priority (or even a tertiary goal). I realize that's difficult for you to understand, but try anyways. And a son who attends a top 5 business school in the country, while playing varsity baseball, hardly seems like he had his future sacrificed.

Did you ever try the white sauce pizza? :suck:

The ClayTaurus said:
Figure it out yourself. I refuse to let you take a thread about such a positive person in such a negative direction.

everyone likes someone who irrationally gives stuff away. It sounds like he had issues about being a people pleaser, to his own detriment.

rtwngAvngr said:
everyone likes someone who irrationally gives stuff away. It sounds like he had issues about being a people pleaser, to his own detriment.
What detriment? That he's not as rich as Tom Monohan? Is it possible for you to understand someone who isn't obsessed with out-wealthing someone? Not everyone has to be as bitterly dismissive and isolationist as you.

The ClayTaurus said:
What detriment? That he's not as rich as Tom Monohan? Is it possible for you to understand someone who isn't obsessed with out-wealthing someone?

Yes. I understand that. I just think there's an element of glory seeking with most philanthropy.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. I understand that. I just think there's an element of glory seeking with most philanthropy.
So tell me, what was the detriment in his life?

Said1 said:
Maybe, but some people would like to fix the world. Giving stuff away made him feel good, so what?

sticking up for your boyfriend. How sweet. :bye1:

rtwngAvngr said:
I just think there's an element of glory seeking with most philanthropy.
I could maybe understand this if he went around publicizing his philanthropy, like so many in this country do. Any publicity he recieved was because of other people. Honestly, you know nothing about this man besides a 1 page news article. Run along now.

The ClayTaurus said:
I could maybe understand this if he went around publicizing his philanthropy, like so many in this country do. Any publicity he recieved was because of other people. Honestly, you know nothing about this man besides a 1 page news article. Run along now.

I refuse to prostrate myself before this probable terrorist.

Forum List

Back