Good Work Mr President!!!

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank President Obama for taking out another terrorist slimeball:

foxnews said:
Navy Seals from US Special Operations Forces conducted a raid in southern Somalia on Monday that killed Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan, one of 4 co-conspirators wanted in the 2002 bombing of an Israel owned hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, two senior U.S. military officials told Fox News.

Ten days ago President Obama signed the Execute Order for Nabhan, who since 2006 was on the FBI's list of most wanted terrorists. He was also wanted for the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Kenya in 1998.

They called it operation Celestial Balance: at least two AH-6 Little Bird helicopters deployed from one of two U.S. Navy vessels near Somalia's coast strafed a vehicle Nabhan was using to go back and forth between meetings.

Intelligence operatives had been monitoring Sabhan prior to the attack. The helicopters passed once, firing on the vehicle, and then circled back around to retrieve the body so they could make a positive identification, according to an official.

The attack in Mombasa took place on Nov. 28, 2002 - involving a suicide bomber that blew up the lobby of the Israeli owned Paradise hotel. On the same day the attackers unsuccessfully attempted to shoot down an Israeli owned Boeing 757 civilian jetliner run by Arkia. They fired surface to air missiles and missed.

Excellent. It's the same great outcome from when President Obama unleashed the Navy on those Somali pirates a few months ago.

All I can say, President Obama, is please keep up this good work with terrorism.

I agree you have to give him credit when credit is due. I bet the left doesn't like the idea he's continuing Bush' foreign policies.

I agree you have to give him credit when credit is due. I bet the left doesn't like the idea he's continuing Bush' foreign policies.

How bout someone from the left chime in and tell us if this suspicion by Lonestar is correct? I think he is correct that "the left" doesn't like how Obama has continued on Bush's Iraq timeline, is still killing terrorists, and has escalated Afghanistan.

I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

How bout someone from the left chime in and tell us if this suspicion by Lonestar is correct? I think he is correct that "the left" doesn't like how Obama has continued on Bush's Iraq timeline, is still killing terrorists, and has escalated Afghanistan.

Nothing personal, PP, but for the 80th time Bush Iraq time horizon (remember that term) came during the campaign season and it wouldn't have even come about if Bush had been able to run for another term. Nobody I know on the left considers it Bush's timeline.

The "left" also thought that A-Stan was being ignored by Bush. Obama campaigned on increasing our presence there so I don't see how they would be disappointed that Obama is doing what he said he was going to do.

So in a nutshell, you got it backwards.

i do not think we should engage in any war...we do not intend to win...i was disappointed by that....make a move...dont continue to put our service people in an "unwinable war" or a war where winning is not the goal.

Yes, you're wrong where I'm concerned. At least he hasn't continuously insisted: "We do not negotiate with terrorists.". That's a relief.

Yes, you're wrong where I'm concerned. At least he hasn't continuously insisted: "We do not negotiate with terrorists.". That's a relief.

go bho!

I figured as much...i really didn't know how else to get a response from you guys without making a "throw this in your face" statement like I did.

now your voices are heard ;).

Link about Iraq/Bush statement pending if i can sift through all the anti-bush results i get in google.

Nothing personal, PP, but for the 80th time Bush Iraq time horizon (remember that term) came during the campaign season and it wouldn't have even come about if Bush had been able to run for another term. Nobody I know on the left considers it Bush's timeline.

The "left" also thought that A-Stan was being ignored by Bush. Obama campaigned on increasing our presence there so I don't see how they would be disappointed that Obama is doing what he said he was going to do.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Oh I thought he was talking about beginning to draw down troops in 2007, before the 2008 election. Something about the surge was very successful and his general on the ground, petreaus, said we could start a draw down.

Speech - President Bush on Iraq - 13 September 2007 - Page 2

You may or may not be right regarding Bush/Iraq timeline.

Let's look at what's to come. The 'stimulus' 2 had to be passed yesterday, things were so dire. Today, less than 20% have been used. So, what are they saving it for? Oh yeah, next year. Politics, again. Yet, the deficit was no more than 4% under Bush, now over 12%...

Forum List

Back