Good thing every President wasn't afraid to "Meddle"

What would like the President to do? Focus on Iran, or focus on the Economic crisis here? Don't remember economic crisis's as bad during the take down of the Berlin wall.

Most Presidents are able to do more than one thing at a time.

Ok, link me to the huge economical crisis that was bearing down on us when those events you speak of were happening.

You still didn't answer my question, what would like the President to do?

The Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union would still exist and Saddam and his sons would still be in power.

The Berlin Wall and The USSR both collapsed under the weight of their crumbling, corrupt and unsustainable regimes, and Gorbachev's direct influence. Ol' Ronnie had little to do with either of those other than showing support.

And it was no business of ours to depose Saddam, whether we think he was a murderous bastard or just anti-demicratic. It is not up to Americans to decide how other cultures govern themselves.

Should we topple North Korea, Iran, Russia, and China's governments because of how they treat their citizens and their opposition to American and Western political interests? Where does it end? Do we go on to fight wars in Egypt, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Kyrghyzstan, Columbia, Venezuela, Bolivia, and the many many different countries in Africa?

It's good to know that people view the party that most closely represents them and their government with a healthy scrutiny. Oh, wait... Nevermind, that doesn't happen. My bad.

Last edited:
What would like the President to do? Focus on Iran, or focus on the Economic crisis here? Don't remember economic crisis's as bad during the take down of the Berlin wall.

We've been in worse recessions 25 times since the great depression.

The Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union would still exist and Saddam and his sons would still be in power.

Let's just focus on one aspect of that silliness. Reagan spent money on defensive systems that never worked. Given that that was supposed to bring down the soviet union, why didn't Bush's "Shop," cause eternal world peace? Any idea?

Nation collapse or succeed from within, Reagan was our worst president in modern times.

OpEdNews » OpEdNews

:clap2:

These are completely different scenarios but way to show that you just hate Obama and you'll make completely stupid fucking analogies to try and discredit him.

All he really needs to say is that he is confident that the people of Iran will find their own path.

What he should NOT do is get involved.

The Iranians will work this out and I have confidence that they are about to throw their idiotic religious fundmentalist goverment out.

perhaps... and, by that logic, so to might OBL not become such an iconic figure had we not been busy in Afghanistan fighting a proxi war... Vietnam, anyone? Bay of Pigs?

Hell, Saddam was OUR BUDDY! right? Notice that it took some bullshit phantom WMD lie to cause us to invade Iraq.. not some silly fucking reagan wannabe day dreaming. You people crack me up.

All he really needs to say is that he is confident that the people of Iran will find their own path.

What he should NOT do is get involved.

The Iranians will work this out and I have confidence that they are about to throw their idiotic religious fundmentalist goverment out.

That's exactly what he should say and most people on the left and right, except for the extremist toons who still don't understand just how Bush screwed up, are saying.

perhaps... and, by that logic, so to might OBL not become such an iconic figure had we not been busy in Afghanistan fighting a proxi war... Vietnam, anyone? Bay of Pigs?

Hell, Saddam was OUR BUDDY! right? Notice that it took some bullshit phantom WMD lie to cause us to invade Iraq.. not some silly fucking reagan wannabe day dreaming. You people crack me up.

So true, so true.

Too funny. Please research some basic history. West Berlin was completely cut off from the outside world, except for those who could sneak over the border. The new Iranian revolutionaries were not cut off from outside communication until they began protesting.

Now to Iraq, the first golden opportunity for the Bush Administration to claim victory was in December 2003 when Saddam Hussein was captured. Instead, it chose to inject our military in the middle of an already escalating civil war.

Well if he can't multi task, I would like him to get the hell out!

Forum List

Back