Good, Steelers can start "fresh"

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
First they dump Tim Lewis who has since signed with the Giants. Now their offensive coordinator, Mike Mularkey, has signed on with Buffalo as head coach.

I like him and I hope he does well, but I think the Steelers needed a change as well. You don't have the players the Steelers have on offense and finish 22nd in the league.

I wonder what OC's are available for the Steelers or if they'll promote from within?

Originally posted by jimnyc
First they dump Tim Lewis who has since signed with the Giants. Now their offensive coordinator, Mike Mularkey, has signed on with Buffalo as head coach.

I like him and I hope he does well, but I think the Steelers needed a change as well. You don't have the players the Steelers have on offense and finish 22nd in the league.

I wonder what OC's are available for the Steelers or if they'll promote from within?
Start from fresh...nuke the head coach!

Originally posted by Moi
Start from fresh...nuke the head coach!

Nah, not yet anyway. He's a great motivator. He just needs offensive and defensive coaches that'll light a fire under the players asses as well!

Originally posted by jimnyc

I agree with Moi. Since I dont see that happening...Charlie Weiss from NE and the DC from NE are both able to sign elsewhere I believe.

Originally posted by Jackass
I agree with Moi.

Why would you get rid of a coach who is in the top 5 for wins since he became head coach? Over the last 12 years only a couple of coaches have more wins than Cowher.

Same reason as McNabb isnt a GREAT QB...SHOW ME THE RINGS!!!

I guess hes ok if you always like being an bridesmaid and never a bride!!! LOL

:finger:

Seriously though, I don't think you can hold coaches to that same goal. Not to mention, Cowher has 'won' a helluva lot more games than McNabb. 1 Superbowl, 2 championship games and 4 division titles.

Although I disagree he should be canned, I wouldn't be overly upset if they did fire him. Don't count on it though, Rooney doesn't have a history of firing head coaches.

I think that no matter who you get, where YOU think it will go, your still not going to the BOWL!!! hahahahahahahaha

I like Moi's idea too!

BTW - sorry Jackass, neither will the Giants!

I agree Jim...but I definatley think the Steelers need to start new. Time for fresh blood in their.

Janeen...the Cowboys over acheived this year. Next year their schedule gets much harder. I agree that they are in a very good position right now..but they arent getting to the SB either!!

Mayb not next year, but I feel another SB coming!!! and it will be soon! sooner than the giants, that's for sure.

Honestly..I think the Giants have a better shot in the next 2-3 years than the Boys do.

Cowboys need time to gel together..get the Parcells system down..then they will be good!

The Steelers have signed Dick LeBeau to be their defensive coordinator. He was the Steelers coordinator for the 1995 and 1996 seasons. He is responsible for starting all their crazy zone blitzes which led to them being nicknamed "blitzburgh".

Hopefully he'll bring back some of that tenacity (and get some DB's that know how to defend against the pass)

Forum List

Back