Good scholarly biography of Ahmad Shah Massoud?

Kopetzki

Rookie
Jan 25, 2010
Recently started delving a little bit deeper into Afghan history and wanted to know if there is a good biography about Massoud out there. I haven't been able to find much info online, so help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not aware of any book that focuses solely on the life of Massoud. I suppose he lived too recently and doesn't seem to be of interest to most Westerners.

What is interesting is that he was killed right before 9 - 11. The Taliban may be stone throwing troglodytes but they have the same neo cortex we do. We forget that at our peril.

What is interesting is that he was killed right before 9 - 11. The Taliban may be stone throwing troglodytes but they have the same neo cortex we do. We forget that at our peril.

He was originally supposed to be assassinated ~2-3 weeks before the actually killing occurred but he kept postponing the interview with his assailants. If the killers had been on schedule, the Taliban would have made a push for North Alliance territory way before 9/11 and it would have made the subsequent US venture into Afghanistan alot harder.

Forum List

Back