CDZ Good riots and bad riots.

Is there such a concept ?

I have grown used to hearing about the violence and destruction apparently caused by the American version of Antifa. It is generally seen as a bad thing.

But I have been watching reactions to the fuel riots in France and have noted that people seem a lot more understanding. This puzzles me. They have been a lot more destructive than anything seen in the states and there is a body count.

How can these riots be excused when antifa is being condemned.

My own take on the rioting business. People dont like upset and when they do happen the politicians should take note. Its also worth saying that riots can be used by rascals to misbehave. Rioting is the national sport in France , mainly because the French are always pissed over something.

Why arent people condemning the current french rioters ?

Because the current French rioters are fighting government oppression, while antifa is oppressing peaceful business owners, and people trying to exercise their Right to free speech.....the French rulers are taking the property of the French people....for their climate religion.....and the French want to keep their property for their own families...

I have grown used to hearing about the violence and destruction apparently caused by the American version of Antifa. It is generally seen as a bad thing.

But I have been watching reactions to the fuel riots in France and have noted that people seem a lot more understanding. This puzzles me. They have been a lot more destructive than anything seen in the states and there is a body count.

My own take on the rioting business. People dont like upset and when they do happen the politicians should take note. Its also worth saying that riots can be used by rascals to misbehave. Rioting is the national sport in France , mainly because the French are always pissed over something.

Because the current French rioters are fighting government oppression, while antifa is oppressing peaceful business owners, and people trying to exercise their Right to free speech.....the French rulers are taking the property of the French people....for their climate religion.....and the French want to keep their property for their own families...
These characters shut down Paris today. Lots of business owners losing money just before christmas.Lots of businesses burnt down. Whats the difference ?

These characters shut down Paris today. Lots of business owners losing money just before christmas.Lots of businesses burnt down. Whats the difference ?
misdirected rage.

They are left wingers...so targeting businesses is what they do....not understanding basic econmics..what they should have done is marched on Macron's offices and all the government offices and looted them.....

They are left wingers...so targeting businesses is what they do....not understanding basic econmics..what they should have done is marched on Macron's offices and all the government offices and looted them.....
They are not "left wingers". Their support cuts across the spectrum. Why do you feel the need to invent things ?

Not a whole lot, other than they've not the ability to another Bastille day as their forefathers wopuld have had

They are not "left wingers". Their support cuts across the spectrum. Why do you feel the need to invent things ?

Convenience denial

Not a whole lot, other than they've not the ability to another Bastille day as their forefathers wopuld have had

Convenience denial
Shouldnt invent stuff in the CDZ.
Here is a bit more about them.

Who are the 'gilets jaunes'?

Convenience denial

Middle-income earners would see a modest bump - but the greatest beneficiaries would be those who are already wealthy, in the top 1%. The pattern is worse for retired people - almost all of whom will be worse off.

one wonders how much of their own history comes to mind Tom

~S~

Convenience denial

Middle-income earners would see a modest bump - but the greatest beneficiaries would be those who are already wealthy, in the top 1%. The pattern is worse for retired people - almost all of whom will be worse off.

one wonders how much of their own history comes to mind Tom

~S~
People dont like it when their way of life is threatened. Its good that Macron is listening. No chance of riots in the UK. British pensioners are so thick they voted for brexit.

Conservatives don't riot, they're too busy making money.

Most European states aren't very democratic, they're more like bureaucracies,and arrogant ones; rioting is about the only option for political expression in France; most pf the pols there are little different from the old aristocrats, mostly ignorant of how real people live, and largely just halfwits with high self-esteem, like most Democrats and many right wingers here in the U.S., dope addled self-indulgent brats..

Most European states aren't very democratic, they're more like bureaucracies,and arrogant ones; rioting is about the only option for political expression in France; most pf the pols there are little different from the old aristocrats, mostly ignorant of how real people live, and largely just halfwits with high self-esteem, like most Democrats and many right wingers here in the U.S., dope addled self-indulgent brats..
America should not lecture other countries about democracy.

Macron promised his citizens bonus checks, and pay raises and guaranteed jobs with living wages upon graduation from college. Shit I may move to France if he keeps all his promises.

Macron promised his citizens bonus checks, and pay raises and guaranteed jobs with living wages upon graduation from college. Shit I may move to France if he keeps all his promises.

This all not true. None of it. Macron asked businesses to voluntarily pay their employees a bonus check, but did not promise it cuz he can't. And he did not promise guaranteed jobs with living wages upon graduation, that is not true either. Feel free to move to France if you want to however.

One of the things that Macron did promise was a raise in their minimum wage. I don't see that as helping their middle class that much, unless maybe if you live in Paris.

A good riot has to make an emphatical point to the establishment: we have a problem and you are not addressing it. It is the last straw, the last option left to a desperate people who have tried everything else to no avail. I don't see that wanton destruction of property and unnecessary violence are part of a good riot though, maybe it depends on your definition of what constitutes a riot.

Last edited:

it might be that Antifa is based on a complete lie, where as the french thing is based on actual events

True enough. Countries that have no real experience with democracy probably have no idea what we're talking about, so it only goes over their heads. Still, Europe had far better options than PC fascist police states and a hamstrung fake news industry like most of Europe has.

True enough. Countries that have no real experience with democracy probably have no idea what we're talking about, so it only goes over their heads. Still, Europe had far better options than PC fascist police states and a hamstrung fake news industry like most of Europe has.
I think you are repeating fake news that you have heard on your right wing media. I am wondering how you believe that the US "demoracy" is superior to that of the UK or France or any other western european country.
It isnt necessarily worse but it isnt better either.

Growth filled communities should explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.

Diversity of thought is critical to the process.

That doesn’t mean you need or should riot.

I think you are repeating fake news that you have heard on your right wing media. I am wondering how you believe that the US "demoracy" is superior to that of the UK or France or any other western european country.
It isnt necessarily worse but it isnt better either.

Don't listen to or read 'right wing media', but you apparently do, since you seem to know all about it. I don't 'believe' it's superior, I know for a fact it is; Europe has no democratic countries. Voting there does not trump all the fascist legislation preventing free speech, and it's clear they prosecute dissenters for opening their mouths if they are independents and not part of some cadre with power. Too bad for you, Tommy, since those types of powers sooner or later eat their own, and your types are generally easy prey.

Forum List

Back