CDZ Good riots and bad riots.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Is there such a concept ?

I have grown used to hearing about the violence and destruction apparently caused by the American version of Antifa. It is generally seen as a bad thing.

But I have been watching reactions to the fuel riots in France and have noted that people seem a lot more understanding. This puzzles me. They have been a lot more destructive than anything seen in the states and there is a body count.

How can these riots be excused when antifa is being condemned.

My own take on the rioting business. People dont like upset and when they do happen the politicians should take note. Its also worth saying that riots can be used by rascals to misbehave. Rioting is the national sport in France , mainly because the French are always pissed over something.

Why arent people condemning the current french rioters ?

Is there such a concept ?

I have grown used to hearing about the violence and destruction apparently caused by the American version of Antifa. It is generally seen as a bad thing.

But I have been watching reactions to the fuel riots in France and have noted that people seem a lot more understanding. This puzzles me. They have been a lot more destructive than anything seen in the states and there is a body count.

How can these riots be excused when antifa is being condemned.

My own take on the rioting business. People dont like upset and when they do happen the politicians should take note. Its also worth saying that riots can be used by rascals to misbehave. Rioting is the national sport in France , mainly because the French are always pissed over something.

Why arent people condemning the current french rioters ?

They're busy condemning the current French rulers.

I'd say the French riots are good. Any riots I've ever encountered have always been bad and made one ready to blow a black man's head off if need be.

Antifa, and Black Lives Matter, create violence, destruction, and riot in my own country. Many times the police turn a blind eye as they are told to do so by their Democrat leaders.

I don't care what they do in France. Not my country, not my problem. I'd like Antifa, and BLM to be addressed HERE, and held accountable for their violence, and destruction.

Good riot

my side wins.

Bad riot

my side loses.

Been that way for centuries

How many innocent bystanders have been pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks in the French riots?...Businesses burned and sacked?....Were the police ordered to stand aside while the mayhem ensued?

This is not to justify the wanton destruction of property and violence that went on in France, just pointing out the very real differences in how the mob acted and who was the target.

I saw a National Guardman blow a cocktail-about-to-throw black mans ..well..

It didn't blow his head off, but it penetrated, and he fell face first and the cocktail busted and probably burned him up. Around his right arm was a puddle of fire last I saw.

He was dead before he hit the ground, I was passing by in a car. He slid face-first on the sidewalk.
I know he didn't feel that. He was dead. Somebody did 70 in a 40 that day. :rolleyes:

This guy was just about to throw a cocktail, and they gave him every chance..BAM! Dead.

He left them no choice.

How many innocent bystanders have been pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks in the French riots?...Businesses burned and sacked?....Were the police ordered to stand aside while the mayhem ensued?

This is not to justify the wanton destruction of property and violence that went on in France, just pointing out the very real differences in how the mob acted and who was the target.
The body count in France is now in double figures.

The body count in France is now in double figures.
Yeah, OK....And I'll even accept that a few may be bystanders, instead of the rioters themselves who signed up for it...Even so, were they specifically targeted by the mobs, or just were in the wrong place at the wrong time, like the poor souls who get killed in the all-too-frequent soccer mob riots?

I trust the French. They have this rioting thing down to a science. People were outraged over that Kathy Griffin Trump photo? That's what the French ACTUALLY do. :lol:

I'll put something else out there...

Instead of the whole subjective "good or bad" judgement, how about "what was your outcome and did you achieve it"?

In France, it's safe to say that the mob violence provided the desired result...Not a highly recommended path, and the ends don't justify the means, but the tax was pushed back.

In Murica, the only outcome the Antifa goons have is to disrupt peoples lives and "punch Nazis"...I've neither heard of a specific positive outcome of the hooliganism, nor am I led to believe it would be achievable were it stated...They're just on the streets to act out their irrational anger issues.

Lets see...French are rioting against govt oppression...antifa riots ...in support of govt oppression...…..notice the police standing behind them smiling ..sometimes even joining in......

I tend to judge a riot by the color of their skin. Not the content of their character.

Lets see...French are rioting against govt oppression...antifa riots ...in support of govt oppression...…..notice the police standing behind them smiling ..sometimes even joining in......
So rioting is ok if you agree with the aims ?
against oppression is good. Pro oppression is bad.
Defining "oppression" is the thing .
I dont consider the French rioters to be oppressed. They are probably over taxed but that is no reason to see people killed.
We had the poll tax riots over here at the end of the thatcher era. Again people were not really oppressed, they were overtaxed. Self interest is a powerful motivator.

Forum List

Back