Good restaurants in Sacramento, Napa?

Will do, Madeline!!! I just hope I can stay out of the vineyards long enough to get some work done.

Ha.. Fair warning. I booked tours to five vineyards. I made it through three. Look for a good steakhouse. The steakhouses are wonderful.

Will do, Madeline!!! I just hope I can stay out of the vineyards long enough to get some work done.

Ha.. Fair warning. I booked tours to five vineyards. I made it through three. Look for a good steakhouse. The steakhouses are wonderful.

Squeeze Inn
7918 Fruitridge Rd.
Sacramento, CA 95820
Tel: (916) 386-8599

It was on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives - you can't go wrong with Guy!

>>>>

One of my favorites is Bistro Jeanty in Yountville - absolutely charming.

Another place I'd try on spec is Ad Hoc (a Thomas Keller of French Laundry fame restaurant) in Yountville as well. I haven't been there yet, but the cookbook is fabulous!

Last edited:
Thank yall so much for the recommendations. I made it to Bistro Jeanty. Unbelievable!! Had the filet mignon, raw oysters, and the tomato soup with a bottle from one of the vineyards in the oakville region. I ended up talking to the winemaker who had just picked his own grapes and made one barrel that wasn't released to the public. I talked him into buying a bottle. Man, it was awesome.

Yeah, you were right willow, I only made it to five of the small vineyards. I didn't make it up to squeeze, sea shadow, but will when I come back out. Took some pics, soon as I can figure out how to upload them here Ill post them, Madeline.

Couple of other notes, ate at Malabara, north Sacramento, excellent food. Also, ate at Allegrias, in Napa. Great swordfish. Highly recommend that restaurant also.

Unfortunately, I have to fly back to the possibility of snow............IN SAN ANTONIO!!!

Last edited:
Thank yall so much for the recommendations. I made it to Bistro Jeanty. Unbelievable!! Had the filet mignon, raw oysters, and the tomato soup with a bottle from one of the vineyards in the oakville region. I ended up talking to the winemaker who had just picked his own grapes and made one barrel that wasn't released to the public. I talked him into buying a bottle. Man, it was awesome.

Yeah, you were right willow, I only made it to five of the small vineyards. I didn't make it up to squeeze, sea shadow, but will when I come back out. Took some pics, soon as I can figure out how to upload them here Ill post them.

Couple of other notes, ate at Malabara, north Sacramento, excellent food. Also, ate at Allegrias, in Napa. Great swordfish. Highly recommend that restaurant also.

You'll need to upload the pics to flickr or another photo sharing site first, LBT. Hurry up! I wanna see!

Forum List

Back