Good Question(s)

yep, reminds me of the democrats in '08

go figure

There are probably other places to find this information, but this site was extensive as far as following policy statements of all the 2008 candidates on all topics. As I said, they did their share of bashing the incumbent, but they didn't have THAT as the sole campaign strategy. And you know it.

OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues

it may not have been their sole strategy, but it was the only one that mattered.

and you know it.

Bush was already buried under a mountain of bad policy. The whole campaign was about attempting to reverse the damage his administration had done. It would be difficult not to point to his errors on the issues when a new administration's goal was to do that. Even McCain distanced himself from Bush. The difference is that none of the candidates (exception would be Huntsman) has actually been specific. Instead they talk in soap-box platitudes, which are meaningless.

The confusing irony is that they could be. So why not? Are they afraid the next tough question might be, "Okay, so what would YOU do???"

Last edited:
Yeah, I was wrong. She's back down to reacting, instead of thinking.

Bachmann promised the crowd there would be "no teleprompters in the Bachmann White House." She also pointed out that there are no "czars" on her campaign bus. The president appointed four "czars" to the White House, handling health care, climate change, the auto industry and urban affairs.

Michele Bachmann Promises 'No Teleprompters' in White House if Elected - The Note

Wait until she needs to do an actual speech--a long one. She'll either have notes (a book with each page containing about five lines in great big large font (Bush) or 3X5 cards, sneaking a peak at each then slipping it into a pocket as used (McCain), or jot points down on her hand (Palin). Use of teleprompters goes back at least as far as Reagan. She ALSO should know that. If she tries to memorize a long speech, there is a huge risk of going blank somewhere in the middle and really messing up. Why would she want to do that just because of some stupid principle?

Not just Bachmann, but ALL OF THEM. Not a single one has a plan. Their entire campaigns use the Obama Sucks theme. But what they'll do to make things better remains a giant question mark.

Use that statement, change "Obama" to "Bush" and you not only have the democrats last three election campaigns, but the next three as well........

Okay, for starters, scholars, there has never been a presidential campaign in history where the two candidates from the two parties didn't make an effort to point out the failings of the other. Never.

Problem is, this is exactly what you nutbars are bitching about...... :cuckoo:

Bachmann promised the crowd there would be "no teleprompters in the Bachmann White House." She also pointed out that there are no "czars" on her campaign bus. The president appointed four "czars" to the White House, handling health care, climate change, the auto industry and urban affairs.

Michele Bachmann Promises 'No Teleprompters' in White House if Elected - The Note

Wait until she needs to do an actual speech--a long one. She'll either have notes (a book with each page containing about five lines in great big large font (Bush) or 3X5 cards, sneaking a peak at each then slipping it into a pocket as used (McCain), or jot points down on her hand (Palin). Use of teleprompters goes back at least as far as Reagan. She ALSO should know that. If she tries to memorize a long speech, there is a huge risk of going blank somewhere in the middle and really messing up. Why would she want to do that just because of some stupid principle?

Yeah, it's not even principles. It's a cheap shot at the president - and she's certainly old enough to know better.

Yeah, it's not even principles. It's a cheap shot at the president - and she's certainly old enough to know better.

Maybe if Bachmann combined two issues, it would have the desired effect:

"I don't have any idea how we save the economy by job creation, but when I find out, I shall not use a teleprompter to advise the American people."

Still nothing. Do y'all bore people as much in real life as you do on the net?

Here you go moron, that's 30 seconds you owe me.

Republican congresswoman from Minnesota (2007 - present).

Former tax litigation attorney.

Grew up in Anoka, Minnesota, graduating from Anoka public high school in 1974. She graduated with a B.A. from Winona State University in 1978 and later received her J.D. degree from Oral Roberts University (Oral Roberts) and a LL.M. degree in tax law in 1988 from the College of William and Mary's Marshall-Wythe School.

Served in the Minnesota State Senate from 2001-2007. She assumed office as a U.S. Representative on January 4, 2007.

Founder/chairwoman of the House Tea Party Caucus.

Foster parent of 23 children.

Member, House Financial Services Committee.

Now, what was so special about the big 0?

I already knew all that - and it says nothing about what she intends to do so that she doesn't become Bush IV.

Impossible.

Obama already claimed title Bush IV, but on steroids.

Forum List

Back