Good police, Bad students

Arms locked or not, that move will get anyone to stand up and unlock arms.

And for the record, they should have used mild physical force before resorting to pepper spray.

Picture this....ten people with their arms locked.

You use your jaw move on one of them....but the one next to him doesnt release HIS arm......broken or dislocated shoulder of one or both is likely guaranteed.

And what "mild force" do you use with 10 people with their arms locked?

Interestingly enough, they were just blocking the sidewalk, why couldn't the police have driven AROUND them?

I am confused...were you trained in security detail; at all? I am not being srcastic....I am being serious...

When dealing with a large group, NEVER deviate from the expected motion as your actions may result in a serious injury.

Example.....protesters sit in front of vehicle to block vehicle from moving.

So you start vehicle moving and try to circumvent them...and one or more drops in front of you as you go around them.....trying to prevent you from moving..which was their admitted intention.......you cant see them because they are below your vision of site and you run over them.....

You need to watch the clip....I am telling you...these officers did everything by the book...everything...and to be frank...the way I see it...they may have given the protesters TOO mcuh time as it gave time for the group to get larger and more difficult to handle.

But overall...those men should be heralded for how they handled it....watch the tape...Im telling you....you will say "gotta admit...they did everything the weay they dshould have".../

Please...watch it.....all 15 minutes of it...

A few of those killed were on their way to class. Get your facts straight. And, the Guardsmen were supposed to have blanks in their rifles.

The guardsmen should never have had their rifles to begin with.

What the hell are you talking about? It is a fact that those peaceful (bullshit) protesters were throwing rocks and glass at armed National Guardsmen. It is a fact that the ROTC building was burned to the ground. It is a fact that ROTC members were violently attacked for days leading up to the justified shooting of violent protesters.

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to say they shouldn't have been armed? Yeah, neither should the police. They should be armed with clubs and silly hats like the Brits.

Perhaps they should have just gone in and clubbed a few in the head.

I am not saying they should not have been armed.

I said they should not have had rifles as rifles are used for long range shooting and human error comes into play.

From what I recall, they were stationed like snipers.....without todays technology for accuracy.

Nope..........sorry...........the cops were outta line, no matter how you spin it Jarhead.

I find it pathetic that you are accusing me of spinning when, in fact, you refuse to watch the clip and instead insist on commenting based on one edited clip you saw.

And I know you did not watch the clip becuase up until a few posts ago, you were completely unaware of who was pepper sprayed and what they were protestiong...

For if you watched the clkip, the protesters themselves made it clear what they were doing..they made it clear that they would do WHATEVER THEY COULD to keep the police from LEAVING the prmises with those arrested.

They actually said "release those you arrested and we will let you leave"

Yet youy didnt know that.

And after what I saw you say about "locked arms" and how easy it is to release them...I am starting to think you are a military imposter and nothing more than some 35 year old pervert sitting in his underwear in mommmy's basement.

Anyone with proper training knows proper procedure for releasing locked arms....and by the way....it involves PEPPER SPRAYING.

And for the record, they should have used mild physical force before resorting to pepper spray.

You use your jaw move on one of them....but the one next to him doesnt release HIS arm......broken or dislocated shoulder of one or both is likely guaranteed.

Interestingly enough, they were just blocking the sidewalk, why couldn't the police have driven AROUND them?
How does one drive around a group of people surrounding them?

you dont get it.

He is in this thread debating the events as shown on a film clip that he has not watched.

He is giving us his opinion based on the edited clip that just showed the protesters getting pepper sprayed.

It is an example of someone debating something he knows nothing about and more pathetically, something he can easily become more educated about, but refuses to do so.

I don't know how to link. A friend sent the video to me.

Uh huh.....:eusa_eh:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y]UC Davis Pepper Spray - What Really Happened - YouTube[/ame]
Try this.

Thanks for the link. Most illuminating.

The kind of sh*t these cops took is the one reason that I remain in favor of cops having union representation. The chancellor was covering her @$$ so fast, I bet she would have had those police out the door on the first day after the out-of-context video broke if she could've.

Biker already said he prefers the cops to physically move them instead of using pepper spray so I guess he would just have the cops drive into them to make them move?

Just guessing here.......

Nope..........sorry...........the cops were outta line, no matter how you spin it Jarhead.
Nope, wrong, the cops were justified. It is libtards that's spinning it.

He refuses to watch the film clip.

It is sad...for if he did he would realize the cops did exactly what he said they sdhould have done..

Use force.....but not too forceful.

Which is exactly why they use pepper spray. No physical contact, no accidental injury; only temporary discomfort to the perp....and necessary results.

Ignorance suits you, you wear it well.

I'd say "watch the video", but I get a feeling that not even being there in person would help you understand any better.

I don't see why they pepper-sprayed instead of subduing and cuffing as they're extensively trained to do.

They're trained in pressure points, holds, techniques and procedures. I've seen them tackle and arrest drunks @ Bar Fights, DWI's who get belligerant and chase-downs - all without use of pepper-spray.

It seems like quelling a riot would be easier if they had calmly approached (as they had when verbally warning the kids) and cuffed the individuals as opposed to whooping out the cannisters.

You know.........while stationed at the Naval War College in Newport RI, one of my other duties was to be on Security Force. Know how you get someone who is sitting down to stand up and move? Stand behind them, put your fingertips under either side of their jaw and just pull up and out on both sides of the jawbone.

Guaranteed to get 'em up. Even a 140 lb lightweight like me could move a 200 lb person. No, there are much other, BETTER ways they could have handled the situation. Pepper spraying the students like they were plants that were getting watered is not the way.

Yes...that is one way as is using other pressure points.

But why do you neglect to mention the part of the "locked arms"....

For I know in your training you were taught the procedure for getting control of 2 or more people with their arms locked.

It involves a serious use of force and inflicting a great amount of pain...and it sometimes results in dislocated shoulders and elbows.....depending on the resistance.

Why did you use the jaw eample....you know it is not applicable when there are locked arms involved.

Please explain.

Why does anyone think that any method that would involve the police actually manhandling the protesters is better than pepper-spraying them? Law enforcement officers are given pepper spray PRECISELY to allow them to subdue rowdy subjects without having to touch them, because physical contact 1) escalates the confrontation exponentially, and 2) carries a much greater risk of injury to both. Pepper spray, on the other hand, is uncomfortable, but does no actual damage.

All these pussies whining about pepper spray act like they hit 'em with nerve gas or something. Sheesh.

I find it pathetic that you are accusing me of spinning when, in fact, you refuse to watch the clip and instead insist on commenting based on one edited clip you saw.

And I know you did not watch the clip becuase up until a few posts ago, you were completely unaware of who was pepper sprayed and what they were protestiong...

For if you watched the clkip, the protesters themselves made it clear what they were doing..they made it clear that they would do WHATEVER THEY COULD to keep the police from LEAVING the prmises with those arrested.

They actually said "release those you arrested and we will let you leave"

Yet youy didnt know that.

And after what I saw you say about "locked arms" and how easy it is to release them...I am starting to think you are a military imposter and nothing more than some 35 year old pervert sitting in his underwear in mommmy's basement.

Anyone with proper training knows proper procedure for releasing locked arms....and by the way....it involves PEPPER SPRAYING.

He revealed himself as an imposter when he said the police should have used physical contact BEFORE pepper spraying. Anyone with half a brain knows the police have pepper spray to AVOID physical contact if at all possible, because it's less dangerous.

I don't see why they pepper-sprayed instead of subduing and cuffing as they're extensively trained to do.

They're trained in pressure points, holds, techniques and procedures. I've seen them tackle and arrest drunks @ Bar Fights, DWI's who get belligerant and chase-downs - all without use of pepper-spray.

It seems like quelling a riot would be easier if they had calmly approached (as they had when verbally warning the kids) and cuffed the individuals as opposed to whooping out the cannisters.

What you apparently don't see is that they're "extensively trained" not to initiate physical contact unless they absolutely have to. People get injured that way, including the cops themselves. That is why they are "extensively trained" to use pepper spray first, if possible.

You obviously know nothing about law enforcement equipment and training. Tell us, Super Cop, how do you "calmly cuff" people who have their arms linked together and have stated their intention to physically resist you, and how do you make it MORE safe and non-violent than pepper spray? What, precisely, do you think pepper spray is, and why do you think police are armed with it?

You sound really stupid at this moment.

Last edited:

What you apparently don't see is that they're "extensively trained" not to initiate physical contact unless they absolutely have to. People get injured that way, including the cops themselves. That is why they are "extensively trained" to use pepper spray first, if possible.

You obviously know nothing about law enforcement equipment and training. Tell us, Super Cop, how do you "calmly cuff" people who have their arms linked together and have stated their intention to physically resist you, and how do you make it MORE safe and non-violent that pepper spray? What, precisely, do you think pepper spray is, and why do you think police are armed with it?

You sound really stupid at this moment.

pike tackled a "scissor-wielding" female years ago, instead of pepper-spraying her.

because "pepper-spraying" might harm his fellow officers.

The kids at Kent State threw rocks and bottles at armed National Guardsmen. What did they THINK was going to happen?

A few of those killed were on their way to class. Get your facts straight. And, the Guardsmen were supposed to have blanks in their rifles.

Agreed, they were not properly trained for the situation.

What the hell are you talking about? It is a fact that those peaceful (bullshit) protesters were throwing rocks and glass at armed National Guardsmen. It is a fact that the ROTC building was burned to the ground. It is a fact that ROTC members were violently attacked for days leading up to the justified shooting of violent protesters.

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to say they shouldn't have been armed? Yeah, neither should the police. They should be armed with clubs and silly hats like the Brits.

Perhaps they should have just gone in and clubbed a few in the head.

How about the innocent students who were killed? Talk about stupid.

Forum List

Back