Good police, Bad students

The shooting at Kent state ended the protest movement.

The pepper spray at Davis was the beginning of the dismantling of occupy sites across the nation.

This might mean increased sympathy for the cause, but you would be wrong.

And this is where YOU are "missing the boat".

In both cases the protestors were ordered to disperse.

In both cases the protestors refused.

In both cases there was an over reaction by the authorities.

And in both cases it resulted in increased sympathy for the protestors and their cause.
There was over reaction by the authorities at Kent State but not at OWS

And No, the pepper spray of the OWS retards didn't result in sympathy but generated more comedy towards their so called cause.

Personally, I wished the Police would have tear gassed them also.

It would have worked like a delousing agent for their flea and lice infestation.. :lol:

The shooting at Kent state ended the protest movement.

The pepper spray at Davis was the beginning of the dismantling of occupy sites across the nation.

This might mean increased sympathy for the cause, but you would be wrong.

The Vietnam prostests ended after Nixon declared Peace.

Not sure the two are that much related.

I wish they would have fire hosed the little fucks. Our Mayor here in New Orleans, Mitch Landreau, has been pandering to these idiots for 2 months. He finally had the balls to run them off and held a 30 minute press conference to explain himself. Never mind they were camping in a park that you or I were forbidden to be in from 22:00 - 06:00. Never mind it cost the city $1,000/week to cleanup after them. Never mind that the park had become a mecca for drug users and the homeless. Never mind that average citizens could no longer use the park.

We can't upset the little darlings!

Just watched the whole video of the police pepper spraying the criminal students. If the media was honest they would show the whole video. If libtards were honest they would see on the full version of the video that the police gave the students numerous warnings to disperse. When the police got done with what they were ordered to do they were leaving when the thug students blocked them. The police were totally justified in using pepper spray.:clap2:

Yeah, it's funny how holding cops hostage makes them all cranky, 'n' shit.

yes... those dangerous students sitting on the ground with their arms linked.

you probably think the kids killed at kent state had it coming to them, too.

being full of hate and ignorance at the same time is a very dangerous combination. :cuckoo:

The kids at Kent State threw rocks and bottles at armed National Guardsmen. What did they THINK was going to happen?

Just watched the whole video of the police pepper spraying the criminal students. If the media was honest they would show the whole video. If libtards were honest they would see on the full version of the video that the police gave the students numerous warnings to disperse. When the police got done with what they were ordered to do they were leaving when the thug students blocked them. The police were totally justified in using pepper spray.:clap2:

What did i not see so far? I haven't seen a video yet that justifies the police behavior.

Do you have a link?

The police had arrested a handful of protesters earlier. The protesters who got sprayed demanded their immediate release, linked arms, marched toward the cops, then sat down in front of them and prevented them from leaving. The cops were told that they could go as soon as they released their arrestees. The cops warned them repeatedly that they would be pepper-sprayed and removed from the cops' path, and the protesters were deliberately TRYING to get the cops to do that.

being full of hate and ignorance at the same time is a very dangerous combination. :cuckoo:

I will admit it's hard to side with the police on this one. The children (can't call them young adults, because they act like children) were in the way protesting, but were doing it in a calm manner. Pepper spray was unnecessary. Call in paddy-wagon and start arresting them one by one. Ones on the end would have fled. Then charge them, try them and the children would think different next time!

But pepper spraying them? Come on that was well out of line!

The kids at Kent State threw rocks and bottles at armed National Guardsmen. What did they THINK was going to happen?

So you're trying to say that killing the students at Kent State was ok????

The Kent State kids were throwing rocks and bottles and were shot and killed.

The OWS kids were just sitting there and got pepper sprayed.

BOTH were gross over reactions by the cops.

So you're trying to say that killing the students at Kent State was ok????

The Kent State kids were throwing rocks and bottles and were shot and killed.

The OWS kids were just sitting there and got pepper sprayed.

BOTH were gross over reactions by the cops.

Okay? No. Understandable? Yes. Largely their own fault? You betcha.

It amazes me that the only people in the world NOT smart enough to figure out that assaulting armed men stands a good chance of getting you shot, and that menacing cops and holding them hostage stands a good chance of getting you pepper-sprayed are liberals, who - like little children - think they should be able to behave in any goddamned way they please, and it's up to OTHER PEOPLE to prevent them from suffering the consequences.

Boo fucking hoo. How seriously are we supposed to take a bunch of "revolutionaries" who can't handle a little fucking pepper spray without sniveling about it? My husband got pepper-sprayed as PART OF HIS JOB. What a load of pussies we've raised in this country.

The students were unarmed, and the Guard was under no threat of physical harm at the time of the shooting.

The surge of students leaving class spooked the young gaurdsmen and their commander. Much like the Vietnam war itself this was senseless.

The students were unarmed, and the Guard was under no threat of physical harm at the time of the shooting.

The surge of students leaving class spooked the young gaurdsmen and their commander. Much like the Vietnam war itself this was senseless.
The students may have been unarmed, but hundreds of them surrounded the cops after the cops arrested squatters.

What did i not see so far? I haven't seen a video yet that justifies the police behavior.

Do you have a link?

The police had arrested a handful of protesters earlier. The protesters who got sprayed demanded their immediate release, linked arms, marched toward the cops, then sat down in front of them and prevented them from leaving. The cops were told that they could go as soon as they released their arrestees. The cops warned them repeatedly that they would be pepper-sprayed and removed from the cops' path, and the protesters were deliberately TRYING to get the cops to do that.

I just watched half of the video link that was posted.

My initial outrage against the police was based off of partial information. I am no longer as outraged.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y]UC Davis Pepper Spray - What Really Happened - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Do you have a link?

I just watched half of the video link that was posted.

My initial outrage against the police was based off of partial information. I am no longer as outraged.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y]UC Davis Pepper Spray - What Really Happened - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah i finished the video, watched the whole thing.....those cops are no longer on my naughty list, they were very patient and waited and gave them plenty of opportunity to stop interfering with the aprehension of those protestors that violated the campus laws.

The students may have been unarmed, but hundreds of them surrounded the cops after the cops arrested squatters.

Sorry I was referring to the killing of unarmed Kent State Students by the National Gaurdsmen.

Sorry I was referring to the killing of unarmed Kent State Students by the National Gaurdsmen.
Why, yes you were.

My apologies.

So why were just the squatters pepper sprayed and the students standing around weren't?

Forum List

Back