good podcasts about politics and other stuff?

Niles

Rookie
Mar 30, 2007
Anyone else into podcasts? I'm hooked on The Joan Kenley (it's on iTunes and her website) - good talk radio with a progressive bent and really interesting and knowledgeable guests. Thought I'd recommend it to others and also see if anyone has anything along those lines to recommend to me? Mostly interested in the subjects she covers; politics, relationships, health, ecology. I like the holistic and full-spectrum quality of the show. Also like things like "This American Life" - to give you an idea of my tastes. Any suggestions appreciated, but preferably free things!

Cool! I didn't realize that NPR had their stuff available online. Anyone know of some good local small-time things too? I think of The Joan Kenley Show that way because it used to be a show called "Talking Matters" here in the Bay Area on the radio before it became a national podcast. Figure there have to be other gems like it in different local areas.

related afternote: I just Googled Joan Kenley looking for more things like her show an found that she is the voice of voicemail! At least mine, she's done a lot of the systems and is AT&T on the west coast, so that's me. Lol, I didn't recognize her voice. "press 7 to delete" isn't much to go on though.

Forum List

Back