Good Op-Ed: GOP helped if Tea Party bolted

There is no more GOP.
It's tea party all the way from now on.
No more special interests.
No more big business bribes.
No more corrupt and greedy power crazed politicians.
It ends.
The future is tea.
The people will be free!!!!
What are you talking about?

The "bagger nation" are Koch Bros political stooges.

The only reason the GOP gained the number of seats they did in 2010 and lost as few as they did in 2012 was because of the backing of conservatives and the tea party types.

This statement is false. The GOP does as well as they do in the house due to district lines drawn in their favor in key states and also in the 2010 midterm there was a huge drop in democratic voters. From 2008 to 2010 the GOP actually LOST votes (7 million less), but the Democrats just lost "more" (roughly 26 million).

Tea partiers win in districts that are dark ruby red ANYWAY and no democrat on planet earth could ever win (90% of them in the deep south)...so it's like taking all the easy seats and leaving the "moderate" GOP with the difficult ones.

Further tea party candidates do more harm then good when it matters...take the senate races in Missouri and Indiana in 2012, or Harry Reid's re-election in 2010.

I'd appreciate if someone quoted this since Tinydancer puts me on ignore for some bizzare reason.

You're not on ignore. I've responded to you in the past.

Rove only won 2 Senate seats for the R's in 2012. For millions upon millions being spent.

Conservatives and those associated with the Tea Party come from across America. Oh and btw, Rove and other RINO'S had a diabolical hand in certain races making sure "old friends" were re-elected in the D column.

They preferred a D to win over a tea party candidate.

Here's a list of the states TP's represent. Not bad for upstarts. And not bad for all the hassles they and their donors have endured via RINOS and the IRS.

There are a few oddballs, but more or less the vast majority of the tea party is located in the deep south or conservative western states and if you look up the cook index of their districts almost all of them fall into the R+5 or greater range (the majority are R+9 or more)

Michele Bachmann in MN6? R+7 district
Steve King in IO4? R+5 district
Paul Broun in GA10? R+10 district
Tom McClintock in CA4? R+15 district
Andrew Crenshaw in FL4? R+19 district

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_Partisan_Voting_Index

Tea Party candidates almost never win hard races, they out primary more moderate GOPers and then win in their dark red district. It's why they can succeed in the house but not so much the senate, Rand Paul being an exception all Tea party senators come from heavily conservative states.

File:Tea party membership 112 congress.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is where tea party house reps were from 2010 to 2012 (I don't think there is a map of the 113th congress yet...) The majority are in the south or deep red western states, with a few oddball conservative districts here or there.

Last edited:
some of these people should be watched, their hate is boiling over and I think they can be a danger to society

a couple in this thread...some damn scary people

some of these people should be watched, their hate is boiling over and I think they can be a danger to society

That's the difference between you and I.

No matter how disgusting and un-American I find your comments to be, I always support your right to say them.

That's the difference between you and I.

No matter how disgusting and un-American I find your comments to be, I always support your right to say them.

where did I say you should be shut up?
you are losing your mind with so much hate you can't read straight

you call me UnAmercian...when have I called you a fucking cancer on this country

go to hell, I've listened enough to your fucking hate

Last edited:
Tea-Party-Pumpkin-Carving.jpg

where did I say you should be shut up?
you are losing your mind with so much hate you can't read straight

you call me UnAmercian...when have I called you a fucking cancer on this country

go to hell, I've listened enough to your fucking hate
I don't know why, but your foul mouth gets me horny!

really, you're so lazy you all can't carve your own pumpkins?

call Obama maybe he'll come do it for you

damn:eek:

New Topics

Forum List

Back