Good Old France.. Such Class

i read this, this morning...and she has ever right to be pissed...the queen served none of the others did...
the queen mother was beloved by her people for many reasons but one of them was her refusal to leave england when the bombing were going on....she told her bodyguards she would take shelter with the rest of her people in tunnels..unlike leaders of today...if her people suffered so suffered with them.

queen elizabeth left the military when her father died. she was only what 22?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
obamalama would be a hero if he flew to England and stood by her side till the proper invitiation was issued.. I would not celebrate Normandy without the Queen of England.

Yeah, someone in the french government is being a complete jackass. I don't doubt that they will go back on this, and send her an invitation. If they don't, this is the kind of thing that could very seriously tear apart the EU.

In a lot of ways, the cooperation that europe experienced between it's various nations in WWII is what the EU is based upon. To spit in the face of that would be a really, really bad idea.

What an appalling snub by the French.

It seems they have become increasingly uncomfortable with acknowledging their need for the American and British forces to save them from the German occupation.

Hopefully this will be remedied soon. The Queen's service and symbolic leadership during WWII was remarkable - particularly given her young age and limited experience. She passed that trial by fire with amazing dignity and courage.

It seems they have become increasingly uncomfortable with acknowledging their need for the American and British forces to save them from the German occupation.

Hopefully this will be remedied soon. The Queen's service and symbolic leadership during WWII was remarkable - particularly given her young age and limited experience. She passed that trial by fire with amazing dignity and courage.

Twice,, we saved their sorry azzes twice! don't you wish you could dig up all our soldiers and tell them they died for nothing?

LOL! Pretty insulting, the Queen should be nice and pissed.

Funny, though...does this mean we are back to hating the French? It gets so confusing.

Funny, though...does this mean we are back to hating the French? It gets so confusing.

contempt is not quite hate! pretty close though! pretty close.

I don't understand why we would have to hate all the French for ungracious move on their goverments part. I would bet many French citizens are just as outraged as anyone else.

I don't understand why we would have to hate all the French for ungracious move on their goverments part. I would bet many French citizens are just as outraged as anyone else.

Good point. While the concept of French snobbery is somewhat true - they are on whole, a wonderfully exciting and interesting people. Life is to be enjoyed, the pace just a bit slower, and a deep appreciation for things that bring pleasure to the senses...there is much I admire about the French culture. I had the pleasure of spending a month there back in my early 20s. It was quite enjoyable.

French pride does exist in nearly limitless supply though - and there is some distinct dissatisfaction with how far America has come since our beginnings as the far more humble and ragtag cousin of our French counterparts during our shared era of animosity vs the English.

Please don't forget one Frenchman:

Lafayette, Marquis de (1754-1834)
The American Declaration of Independence inspired Lafayette to buy a ship and sail to America without official permission from France in 1777. In America, he became an unpaid volunteer on George Washington's staff. He participated in the Battle of Brandywine in 1777 and soon became a major general. While spending the winter in Valley Forge, he became close friends with Washington. He continued to have military commands in 1778, but in 1779 went back to France to advocate the American cause. He returned in 1780 bearing the news to Washington that the Comte de Rochambeau would bring French troops to assist him. Lafayette next went to Virginia, where he battled Cornwallis until Cornwallis retreated to Yorktown. After Yorktown, Lafayette was the "diplomatic aide-de-camp" to Benjamin Franklin in Paris and continued to voice American interests to the French government. Lafayette had an illustrious and tumultuous political career in France during the French Revolution, the Reign of Terror, Napoleon, and the Restoration Era, throughout which he defended his concept of liberty.

This little froggy helped US become USA.

Please don't forget one Frenchman:

Lafayette, Marquis de (1754-1834)
The American Declaration of Independence inspired Lafayette to buy a ship and sail to America without official permission from France in 1777. In America, he became an unpaid volunteer on George Washington's staff. He participated in the Battle of Brandywine in 1777 and soon became a major general. While spending the winter in Valley Forge, he became close friends with Washington. He continued to have military commands in 1778, but in 1779 went back to France to advocate the American cause. He returned in 1780 bearing the news to Washington that the Comte de Rochambeau would bring French troops to assist him. Lafayette next went to Virginia, where he battled Cornwallis until Cornwallis retreated to Yorktown. After Yorktown, Lafayette was the "diplomatic aide-de-camp" to Benjamin Franklin in Paris and continued to voice American interests to the French government. Lafayette had an illustrious and tumultuous political career in France during the French Revolution, the Reign of Terror, Napoleon, and the Restoration Era, throughout which he defended his concept of liberty.

This little froggy helped US become USA.

you forgot to mention scooter libby, raybo.

Twice,, we saved their sorry azzes twice! don't you wish you could dig up all our soldiers and tell them they died for nothing?[/QUOTE]

Wow. Extreme much?

Twice,, we saved their sorry azzes twice! don't you wish you could dig up all our soldiers and tell them they died for nothing?[/QUOTE]

Wow. Extreme much?

not too much!

do you think the French today would mind being German???

Way to dodge the question by asking another one.

Top-notch :clap2:

:cuckoo:

well, think about it.. Germany caused two world wars,, killed millions and millions and millions of people we had to liberate france twice,, now who do the french snub every chance they get?? US and England.. you got it..whose their bestest friend?? Germany.. so we died for nuttin honey! call it extreme if ya want to but that's my take on it.

Forum List

Back