Good News!

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
That's what this thread is for, good news...

See a good news story that moves you, amazes you or that you must share...post it here.

That's what this thread is for, good news...

See a good news story that moves you, amazes you or that you must share...post it here.
There is another chat like this one here already but I guess it went untouched long enough to where it could be on any page of this forum now. The sad thing is that one person's good news can always be a form of bad news in the opinion of another person, so don't be surprised at what may be said in this chat.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

RUSHVILLE, ILLINOIS---

Before the dance, students attending Homecoming were introduced as they walked across a gazebo in the town square. Most students made that walk with a date.

Jordan Treadway, a senior who had been diagnosed with autism at the age of three, took a bow as he walked across the stage, alone. But he wouldn't be alone much longer.

"I saw Jordan was about to walk through by himself, so I just ran up and walked through with him," senior and Homecoming Queen Riley Plumer said.

"Riley helped me hold my hand, and then we walked to the stairs of the stage, and then the stage was saying, thank you, Riley, that is all," Jordan Treadway said.

Jordan's mother, Tracy, said she never knew Riley or the Plumer family before that day, but says she will never forget the kind gesture Riley showed to her son.

"It was amazing, I teared up instantly, and it's something I will never forget,” Tracy Hamm said.

Julie Plumer says she couldn't have been more proud of her daughter.

[Video @ link] Homecoming kindness for boy with autism moves Rushville-Industry community News ConnectTriStates.com

The Holy Spirit is unpredictable.

The congregation of one Chicago church arrived for a recent Sunday night service to discover that the pastor’s topic for the meeting was money – but this was not to be a typical message on charitable giving.

That evening, LaSalle Street Church Pastor Laura Truax handed each member of the church a check for $500 dollars, no strings attached.

<SNIP>

Truax and the church board will decide later what to do with the rest of the funds. Some options under consideration are donating to a hospital in Ebola-stricken West Africa or creating a scholarship fund.

Congregation breaks out in tears stunned at what the pastor did with the church's money - BizPac Review

I love my local diner.

One of my favorite students, who I have been working with for a long time on her Hi-SET (GED), works in the kitchen at my local diner. She recently moved way down the road and will be working with another Adult Ed program. She told me she'd drop off our Math book at the diner and I could pick it up the next time I was there.

This morning I went in for breakfast and my regular waitress brought me coffee and my math book, and told me that she went on Amazon and BOUGHT my student the book to replace the one she had to turn in! She said she's going to keep pushing her to keep working (she only has two tests left to pass and she'll be a high school graduate).

There are really good hearts in this world. I love my diner.

Forum List

Back