Good news, Ravi!

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
Nationmedia.com | Daily Nation | NEWS EXTRA | Smoking law finally takes effect today
Smoking law finally takes effect today

Story by MIKE MWANIKI
Publication Date: 7/8/2008
Smokers beware — puffing away in public will be illegal from Tuesday.
nextra08072008smoking.jpg

An ashtray. Recent research indicates that seven out of 10 smokers start the habit when they are teenagers. Photo/FILE
And as if that is not enough, smokers will only be allowed to buy a minimum of 10 cigarettes in a packet whereas retailers will commit an offence if they sell cigarettes to children under the age of 18.

The order comes into force with the Tobacco Control Act.

And offenders flouting the sweeping ban will be liable to harsh penalties, including fines ranging from Sh50,000 to Sh3 million and/or imprisonment for a term ranging from six months to three years.

Restricted places

The Act, which was passed by Parliament in August last year, aims at protecting the public from the hazardous effects of tobacco and its products, Public Health and Sanitation minister Beth Mugo said Monday.

read more at:
Nationmedia.com | Daily Nation | NEWS EXTRA | Smoking law finally takes effect today

Thank goodness all the tobacco growers have already diversified into marijuana and opium.....

This is a prime example why the hard left is just as bad as the hard right.

But, let AFRICA do what it wants... WE still have a Constitution.

We'll never be truly free until the left-wing nuts figure out they can pervert the castle doctrine to kill smokers by shooting them in the back.

We'll never be truly free until the left-wing nuts figure out they can pervert the castle doctrine to kill smokers by shooting them in the back.

That's stupid. They can already steal all their money. Why shoot your cash cow?

Seems to me there's no shortage of right wingers also willing to allow the continued demonization of smokers.

I may be wrong about this, of course, but I don't know why anyone thinks that health fascism is merely a left wing characteristic.

Can one of you convinced that this is just a left wing form of fascism explain why you think only left wingers support this prejudice?

Seems to me there's no shortage of right wingers also willing to allow the continued demonization of smokers.

I may be wrong about this, of course, but I don't know why anyone thinks that health fascism is merely a left wing characteristic.

Can one of you convinced that this is just a left wing form of fascism explain why you think only left wingers support this prejudice?

You could be right. Maybe I've been brainwashed by the liberal media.

Smoking pot is tied to schizophrenia?

Somehow I doubt it. The fact is schizophrenics will medicate themselves. Lots of schizos have drug problems...but the drugs don't cause the schizophrenia, they mask it. Schizos like meth, speed, pot and booze. It makes them feel more normal.

Trust me on this one. I've waded through all sorts of crap with schizophrenics and drug addicts (and people who were both).

"Seems to" and "of course" don't exactly quantify this as a really great scientific article.

It's linked because they like it.
And drugs actually make schizos worse, not better...but they can't tell. It doesn't cause it, though. One of the first thing anyone one who works with addicts considers is whether or not there are underlying mental health issues. There always are.

It's linked because they like it.
And drugs actually make schizos worse, not better...but they can't tell. It doesn't cause it, though. One of the first thing anyone one who works with addicts considers is whether or not there are underlying mental health issues. There always are.

Well, you could be right. I do know I have a cousin that's schizophrenic and she wasn't until after years of LSD abuse. That doesn't mean the LSD caused it, but you have to wonder.

Now that you mention it, it seems there's no shortage of right wingers and left wingers equally willing to whine that they are being demonised. :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back