Good news and not so good news

Well, it's certainly good news that they could pay it back.

It is that, though I suspect it was done as fast as it was to get out from under certain regulations regarding executive bonuses...Still, everyone was crying the govt. can't do anything right, shouldn't do anything at all, and we were going to lose our shirts. In less than a year we're seeing repayments with a pretty healthy interest. Sweet.

Last edited:

It is that, though I suspect it was done as fast as it was to get out from under certain regulations regarding executive bonuses...Still, everyone was crying the govt. can't do anything right, shouldn't do anything at all, and we were going to lose our shirts. In less than a year we're seeing repayments with a pretty healthy interest. Sweet.

Except that many strong banks had coercive "loans" forced on them they couldn't refuse. They were roped in with the failures to give them cover sans stigma as losers. Then those stronger banks had to "ask" to pay the "loans" back and they were charged exorbitant interest rates to get out of them; a bitter pill to take.

Except that many strong banks had coercive "loans" forced on them they couldn't refuse. They were roped in with the failures to give them cover sans stigma as losers. Then those stronger banks had to "ask" to pay the "loans" back and they were charged exorbitant interest rates to get out of them; a bitter pill to take.

Forced you say? They could have sold to healthier concerns or liquidated via chap 11. The point is, the govt. was accused of giving away the store at our expense, and the taxpayers are making out better than the naysayers expected. Now you say we were loan sharks, making our investment back on those poor confused and cornered captains of commerce.

You have to make up your mind which way you're gonna whizz, and stop complaining when the wind shifts. The whining is unseemly.
:lol:

Forced you say? They could have sold to healthier concerns or liquidated via chap 11. The point is, the govt. was accused of giving away the store at our expense, and the taxpayers are making out better than the naysayers expected. Now you say we were loan sharks, making our investment back on those poor confused and cornered captains of commerce.

You have to make up your mind which way you're gonna whizz, and stop complaining when the wind shifts. The whining is unseemly.
:lol:

Barb, I thought that comment would not rise to objection...There were strong banks with no issues of bad loans at all. The money was forced on them; they had no choice. Then they were not allowed to repay. The reason for that was that the weak banks who got money to survive needed a smoke screen. The Feds thought that they would stand out and would still have trouble doing business, so the strong were pulled in to reduce choices by the public so as not to stigmatize the weak.

I guess you miss named your thread; it should'be been titled "The good news..."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back