Good News America, the GOP is on it's way out

Reports of the demise of the republican party are premature, and while it would be good to have a vetoproof congress, we don't have a president elected yet. And nothing I've seen gives me any reason to think that McCain will lose easily, if he will lose at all.

While I agree with your premise of McCain's electability, I need to believe that bush and the Iraq war will hang around McCain's neck like a necklace in the fall. Obama, the presumptive Dem nominee may have baggage but McCain will not be able to overcome the record and legacy of bush. Just my feelings and hope of course.

Consider McCain's plight. He has become a bush lapdog in order to appease the neocons in gaining the GOP nomination but he may also fall to the anger of the electorate who see bush as a loser and the reason we are trapped in Iraq. McCain may win the battle but lose the war.

Also, demographics may contribute to GOP extinction in the near future. Hispanics are a growing voter block, and they had affinity for the GOP at one time because of anti-Castro sentiments and the appeal of pre-life policies to Catholic hispanics. Now the GOP champions immigration reform with rhetoric that focuses on immigrants from Mexico and Central America while ignoring those from Canada, England, Germany and France.

It's hard to attract minorities when a party appears to regard only caucasians as real Americans.

I don't know if it means extinction, but Bush and Rove understood the long-term political realities when they tried to push through immigration reform which was vehemently opposed by the Republican base.

Obama is going to win. The Wright thing and that 60’s radical only made a small speed bump – hardly the disaster that Republicans were counting on.

Obama is going to win. The Wright thing and that 60’s radical only made a small speed bump – hardly the disaster that Republicans were counting on.

Wishful thinking.....It has eroded his favorability ratings....

Wishful thinking.....It has eroded his favorability ratings....

I think that once Obama secures the nomination, his numbers will improve. There is a chance that as more Americans get to know him and listen to his oratory, more voters will become impressed with him. The one thing that the long convaluted Dem race has done is to bring out more young voters. If those young voters actually show up to vote, the Dems will win in a landslide.
If they don't it will be tight.

As for the Hillary supporters who say they will support McCain if Obama wins the nomination, they will change, or they will sit on their hands in November. McCain has become the mirror image of gw bush. They will not support him.

I still find it interesting that the Dems are running against President Bush, who can't even be on the ballot. What does this say about the Dems? First, it means they have an irrational hatred of the man. Second, it says they don't have shit for a plan for the future, it's all about "We aren't George Bush."

How much of their agenda have they gotten done since they took over Congress? That would be ZERO!!!! Yep, the Dems are going to be just great for leading the country............straight to hell.

I still find it interesting that the Dems are running against President Bush, who can't even be on the ballot. What does this say about the Dems? First, it means they have an irrational hatred of the man. Second, it says they don't have shit for a plan for the future, it's all about "We aren't George Bush."

How much of their agenda have they gotten done since they took over Congress? That would be ZERO!!!! Yep, the Dems are going to be just great for leading the country............straight to hell.

They are running against bush because McCain has sworn to continue to continue bush's policys. That makes sense to me. A bush third term is unimaginable. A moderate McCain had to become a bush lapdog to gain neocon support. That will be his undoing.

Wrong. It's more like this: DEM -->
greenchainsaw.gif
<-- GOP

The GOPs not going anywhere. They had their decade to screw shit up and the next generation is voting them out. When this current crop of Dems gets done it will be 1996 all over again. It goes in cycles. But then, you know that.

You are probably one of the most educated people I know that amounts to nothing more than a partisan hack.

I still find it interesting that the Dems are running against President Bush, who can't even be on the ballot. What does this say about the Dems?

It says that they realize they can win with this approach since McCain is promising 4 more years of Bush.
First, it means they have an irrational hatred of the man.

Irrational? Why? If we can use his screw ups to help defeat McCain, that is hardly irrational.
Second, it says they don't have shit for a plan for the future, it's all about "We aren't George Bush."

No, they have put forth plans, but at this time this approach is more effective.

Get over it. Bush fukked the GOP to the extreme. You as a Republican should be the Bush Haters you lay on anyone who dares to call him the dork he is.
GOBAMA

Your party voted for bush twice, protected him, defended him at all costs. voted with him 99% of the time, and never took a stand against him. And McCain is promising more of the same bush policies, for the most part.

Sorry, you can't run away from bush, or pretend that he doesn't represent your party.

You are probably one of the most educated people I know that amounts to nothing more than a partisan hack.

I used to be very moderate and even voted for the occasional Republican until the GOP allowed a bunch of backbiting bastards to run their party. I actually like my current Republican Congressman, but can vote for him no longer because that allowed a nasty POS like TOM Delay to take over the House. Intelligent people consider blowback, ripples and unintended consequences, which takes mental effort and ability.

A partisian hack votes the party because he hasn't thought it through. Need a mirror?

GOP is on its way out for several reasons.

1. Abandoned conservatism

2. Took up neoconservatism

3. Does not care about white voters

4. Whites -- as voters and otherwise -- are disappearing. By 2050, they'll be a minority. As whites go, so goes the GOP.

4. Whites -- as voters and otherwise -- are disappearing. By 2050, they'll be a minority. As whites go, so goes the GOP.
  1. True.
  2. Very true.
  3. False. You mean "non-white" voters.
  4. False. The GOP will go long before whites become a minority.
If you need a new party, try the KKK. The other White Meatheads.

Yes.

The party elite took it up; the rest were brainwashed through Christian Zionism, a false Religious Right, and the "not-war" War.

There has not been a major political party since the Know-Nothings that ACTUALLY cared about White Voters.

Premature, but by 2050 the Republicans (if still around in present form) will be campaigning as the Democrats do currently.

McCain already has the "I'm a maverick, I don't need Conservatives" thing down.

Forum List

Back