Good Nationalism-- Oh yes, it's real

Said1 said:
No it isn't. But that's ok. I base a lot of my opinions on past performances, I was expecting nothing from toi.

Now run along, there serving Yohoo at your local nationalist club tonight. I'm happy you found a group you can identify with.

Nah. I'll stay here and watch you flip flop some more. It's funny.

rtwngAvngr said:
Nah. I'll stay here and watch you flip flop some more. It's funny.

Flip flop how? Haven't changed anything.

I said: starts good, ends bad. You are not better at predicting the future than I, so both of us really only have our opinion, regardless of where they begin.

And I really am glad you found a group, ya know to hang with. :p:

Said1 said:
Flip flop how? Haven't changed anything.

I said: starts good, ends bad. You are not better at predicting the future than I, so both of really only have our opinion, regardless of where they begin.

And I really am glad you found a group, ya know to hang with. :p:

Starts good ends bad, is not a fact. It may have happened in the past, but we are not doomed to repeat that. If you had been around the Wright Brothers you may have been able to convince them to stop on this "airplane thingy" because "hey, it's never been done before". A negative attitude is not a good subtitute for rational thought.

rtwngAvngr said:
Starts good ends bad, is not a fact.
It may have happened in the past, but we are not doomed to repeat that.

Like I said, you are not able to predict the future any better than I. I even said I hope I'm wrong. We'll see.

If you had been around the Wright Brothers you may have been able to convince them to stop on this "airplane thingy" because "hey, it's never been done before". A negative attitude is not a good subtitute for rational thought.

Yeah, that's me. Don't do anything because "hey it's never been done before". Wow, that's your best analogy yet. Nationalism has been done before. I'm saying avoid it, or least keep a tight lid on it.

Said1 said:
Like I said, you are not able to predict the future any better than I. I even said I hope I'm wrong. We'll see.

Yeah, that's me. Don't do anything because "hey it's never been done before". Wow, that's your best analogy yet. Nationalism has been done before. I'm saying avoid it, or least keep a tight lid on it.

But the word "nationalism" has been propgandized and smeared to mean certain things in many people's mind that it just doesn't mean. I'm saying a nationalism that spreads the values of tolerance, individual rights, and democracy has never been done before. You know that. Quit spinning.

rtwngAvngr said:
But the word "nationalism" has been propgandized and smeared to mean certain things in many people's mind that it just doesn't mean. I'm saying a nationalism that spreads the values of tolerance, individual rights, and democracy has never been done before. You know that. Quit spinning.
And you 'get this' from where? I mean authoritatively. When has this been the case?

rtwngAvngr said:

The ideas that make up nationalism, as defined by Hegel can be seen in ancient tribal societies. I'm not spinning anything. You are. People can adapt their societies in any way they wish, regardless of what you want to spread. You know that. Quit spinning.

rtwngAvngr said:
Please be more specific.
From RWA:

RWA said:
I'm saying a nationalism that spreads the values of tolerance, individual rights, and democracy has never been done before.
But done now, according to you. Where and when and outcome?

Said1 said:
The ideas that make up nationalism, as defined by Hegel can be seen in ancient tribal societies. I'm not spinning anything. You are. People can adapt their societies in any way they wish, regardless of what you want to spread. You know that. Quit spinning.

Hegel is not the definer of all words. Today it simply means, READ MY SIG. Then get a grip on yourself. You know I was not saying nationalism has never occurred before. I was saying a nationalism of individual rights, tolerance, and democracy has never been tried before. Intentional misunderstanding, or pretending to misundertand, is not a good debating technique. Good day to you.

rtwngAvngr said:
Hegel is not the definer of all words. Today it simply means, READ MY SIG. Then get a grip on yourself. You know I was not saying nationalism has never occurred before. I was saying a nationalism of individual rights, tolerance, and democracy has never been tried before. Intentional misunderstanding, or pretending to misundertand, is not a good debating technique. Good day to you.
RWA=Hegel

There we go! All others :lame2:

I got it. :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
RWA=Hegel

There we go! All others :lame2:

I got it. :rolleyes:

No. Dictionary.com=hegel, in your world.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nationalism

na·tion·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nsh-n-lzm, nshn-)
n.
Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.
The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently rather than collectively, emphasizing national rather than international goals.
Aspirations for national independence in a country under foreign domination.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. Dictionary.com=hegel, in your world.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nationalism

na·tion·al·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nsh-n-lzm, nshn-)
n.
Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.
The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently rather than collectively, emphasizing national rather than international goals.
Aspirations for national independence in a country under foreign domination.
:lame2: Really!

rtwngAvngr said:
Of course not. It's JUST a chat board. ;)

Be that as it may, you are still a loser, at least within this topic. As YOU would say, OWNED!

Forum List

Back