Good Nationalism-- Oh yes, it's real

Said1 said:
I don't think I've ever given anyone the indication that I think that way - aside from repeating my father's favorite joke.

I mean the hatred towards whites that masquerades as multicultralism we have now.

Said1 said:
As it's been traditionally practiced, yes. I thought I explained all that already.

I see, so you DO believe in RWA's definition of "good" nationalism?

Said1 said:
Not really, Canada is hugely divided between nationalist and federalist. Then there are those who think you should have no identity of you born in Canada,
that is something reserved for immigrants. I'm for assimilation simply because it leaves no room for special rights provided to you through the federal government because you are culturally different.

So you're for assimilation into the "nationalist" group as opposed to the "federalist"?

ScreamingEagle said:
I see, so you DO believe in RWA's definition of "good" nationalism?

I've already said I think nationalism can be good. Where have you been?

So you're for assimilation into the "nationalist" group as opposed to the "federalist"?

Only to the extent that it prevents special rights, restricting the rights of Canadians. Conservative federalists would probably agree with that too. I don't think you should leave your culture at the immigration office, but you should be hired for reasons other than the fact that you are a visible minority.

Said1 said:
I know that's what you meant. The last part was just a little joke.

Oh.

:cheers2:

It's that time for me. I've got a trusty old bud right here. No bong hits tonight. The folks don't approve!

Said1 said:
I've already said I think nationalism can be good. Where have you been?

:D Right here. Hail Canada!

Said1 said:
Only to the extent that it prevents special rights, restricting the rights of Canadians. Conservative federalists would probably agree with that too. I don't think you should leave your culture at the immigration office, but you should be hired for reasons other than the fact that you are a visible minority.
OK. I don't pretend to understand Canadian politics.

Here's to the weekend! :beer: TGIF! (not T-IF)

rtwngAvngr said:
I'd say the whole neocon movement is AMerican Nationalism. And I'm sure many libs would agree. I just don't think that's bad.

You're headed in the right direction, Avenger, and you're a hell of a lot closer to the truth than most on this board that I can see, but you know where I stand: Neoconservatism is Jewish nationalism, and that is as anti-American as you can possibly get. Nationalism is just a reflection of racial loyalty. It cannot be separated from race or ethnicity. You can't have "nationalism" based on anything but a people. If "nationalism" can be based on nothing more than a border on a map with so-called 'common ideals,' then the communism of the Soviet Union was "nationalism."

But nobody in their right mind would agree with that. The best way to test whether race has anything to do with nationalism is to see how often, today and through history, common ideals were held by a multiracial grouping. What the record says here is, "never." If you think Americans hold common ideals, just talk to a black man one minute and a white man the next.

A true nation can absorb SOME 'multi-culti', but not much. A true nation is monocultural, not multicultural.

William Joyce said:
A true nation can absorb SOME 'multi-culti', but not much. A true nation is monocultural, not multicultural.

Bingo. Which is what I said in another thread that began this one, but was locked. History show this time and again. Regardless of who or what lit the fires of nationalism, all nation-states have ended up almost exactly the same.

Yet still the fact remains; the concept of nationalism is not intextricably tied with notions of historical cultural or ethnic purity and/or racism. The left clings to this association so it can use shouts of racism to shame the U.S. out of it's evident role as global savior. Racial separatists cling to the association because that' s what they want nationalism to be.

I'm a cockeyed optimist. I believe in multiculturalism, with some adjustments. This IS the culture of our nation. I think it's good. I seek to spread it. I'm nationalistic about it.

I also firmly believe in the other definition: That nations should pursue their interest separately. This does not preclude cooperation in many matters, nor does it lead to inevitable war, as the internationalist, UN lovers like to portray.

I'd check myself whenever I found myslelf agreeing with the board racial separatist.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yet still the fact remains; the concept of nationalism is not intextricably tied with notions of historical cultural or ethnic purity and/or racism. The left clings to this association so it can use shouts of racism to shame the U.S. out of it's evident role as global savior. Racial separatists cling to the association because that' s what they want nationalism to be.

I'm a cockeyed optimist. I believe in multiculturalism, with some adjustments. This IS the culture of our nation. I think it's good. I seek to spread it. I'm nationalistic about it.

I also firmly believe in the other definition: That nations should pursue their interest separately. This does not preclude cooperation in many matters, nor does it lead to inevitable war, as the internationalist, UN lovers like to portray.

I'd check myself whenever I found myslelf agreeing with the board racial separatist.

The French conspiracy is REAL. Very real. :laugh:

Said1 said:
The French conspiracy is REAL. Very real. :laugh:

Still. Nationalism is not intextricably tied to racism, ethnic purity, cultural homogeneity, or any of that clap trap, except in the minds of the politically victimized and brainwashed.

rtwngAvngr said:
Still. Nationalism is not intextricably tied to racism, ethnic purity, cultural homogeneity, or any of that clap trap, except in the minds of the politically victimized and brainwashed.

Mmmmmribbit.

9796B599-1C39-4788-BDCF-7DA12F655BF.gif

rtwngAvngr said:
Also China and Japan, very 'heterogenous' countries. :rolleyes:

rtwngAvngr said:

Didn't I ask you to give me an example, showing where this hasn't been the case? A society or nation that hasn't inevitably adopted the "outdated" ideals normally attributted to nationalism? Like I've said 100 plus times, it starts out good i.e. "positive" but, to my knowledge has always ended bad.

The FLQ and Parti Quebecois served the french well, 40 years ago, but look at them now.

Said1 said:
Didn't I ask you to give me an example, showing where this hasn't been the case? A society or nation that hasn't inevitably adopted the "outdated" ideals normally attributted to nationalism? Like I've said 100 plus times, it starts out good i.e. "positive" but, to my knowledge has always ended bad.

The FLQ and Parti Quebecois served the french well, 40 years ago, but look at them now.

Past performance is no indication of future performance. So you're flipping again? Go Ms. John Kerry, now that the racial separatists are on your side. Once I was emboldened when a dog agreed with me, then the acid wore off. LOL. :rotflmao:

rtwngAvngr said:
Past performance is no indication of future performance. So you're flipping again? Go Ms. John Kerry, now that the racial separatists are on your side. Once I was emboldened when a dog agreed with me, then the acid wore off. LOL. :rotflmao:
That explains a lot. :smoke:

rtwngAvngr said:

Still no answer? You're on a role. :laugh:

rtwngAvngr said:
Your question is irrelevant to the issue at hand. I've made that clear.

No it isn't. But that's ok. I base a lot of my opinions on past performances, I was expecting nothing from toi.

Now run along, there serving Yohoo at your local nationalist club tonight. I'm happy you found a group you can identify with.

Forum List

Back