Good Nationalism-- Oh yes, it's real

Said1 said:
I thought you were against multi-culturalism anyway? Was that all for show?

I'm against aspects of it here, where all cultures except white christian culture are to be respected. It needs some adjusting as it's implemented in many institutions.

rtwngAvngr said:
But we've identified the not so good ending, and have come up with the concept of individual rights to combat it. Hence, going forward, our nationalism contains these improvements.

I've already said I hope I'm wrong, and I meant that. Seriously though, I think the definition of patriotism is better suited, considering the way inwhich most self-proclaimed nationalist define their culture, drawing on the past not the future. This exists presently and is not how I see Americans or the majority of North Americans in general. Anyway, tomato-tomahto.

I believe nations should pursue their interests individually. --This is another definitions of nationalism. The smart ones will see the long term benefits of cooperative trade and tolerance.

I would define that as protectionism, but again - tomato-tomahto.

Said1 said:

Where else is Un-Nationalism supposed to go?

As far as multi-culturalism is concerned, I am against it if it usurps nationalism. I'm a great supporter of the American melting pot.

ScreamingEagle said:

As far as multi-culturalism is concerned, I am against it if it usurps nationalism. I'm a great supporter of the American melting pot.

I don't know if it's just me, but that's seem to be what's happening a lot lately. Do I imagine such things?

ScreamingEagle said:
Please elaborate. :confused:

Special rights for minorities. My daughter not being allowed to wear her halloween costum too school because it might offend some non-christian kid, when in reality it will only offend some kids parent(s), who is really only complaining about it becasue unike the workings of their country, they CAN.....should I go on?

Said1 said:
Special rights for minorities. My daughter not being allowed to wear her halloween costum too school because it might offend some non-christian kid, when in reality it will only offend some kids parent(s), who is really only complaining about it becasue unike the workings of their country, they CAN.....should I go on?

You seem to be ignoring my first question.

Regarding "special rights" for minorities, I'd rather call it tyranny of the minority because that's what it is....an internal form of terrorism.

ScreamingEagle said:
You seem to be ignoring my first question.

Regarding "special rights" for minorities, I'd rather call it tyranny of the minority because that's what it is....an internal form of terrorism.

What first question?

ScreamingEagle said:

I'm flatttered that you value my opinion so much, really I do. But honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. I give up, where is it supposed to go?

Said1 said:
I've already said I hope I'm wrong, and I meant that. Seriously though, I think the definition of patriotism is better suited, considering the way inwhich most self-proclaimed nationalist define their culture, drawing on the past not the future. This exists presently and is not how I see Americans or the majority of North Americans in general. Anyway, tomato-tomahto.

I would define that as protectionism, but again - tomato-tomahto.

I always think of autarky as strictly being related to trade.

But still. You've already admitted it's not always bad. So I'm happy. What's for dinner, baby?

rtwngAvngr said:
I always think of autarky as strictly being related to trade.

Econ 1000, man.

[quoe]But still. You've already admitted it's not always bad. So I'm happy. What's for dinner, baby?[/QUOTE]

Not sure yet, will let you know if there's anything left.

Said1 said:
I'm flatttered that you value my opinion so much, really I do. But honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. I give up, where is it supposed to go?

According to many libs, the New World Order. In order to have a WORLD order, nationalism has got to go.

Since you live in Canada - which probably considers itself already a member of the NWO - I can understand your confusion about the topic. :p:

Said1 said:

This is a lopsided implementation of multiculturalism. the right to never feel in the minority is crazy.

ScreamingEagle said:
According to many libs, the New World Order. In order to have a WORLD order, nationalism has got to go.

As it's been traditionally practiced, yes. I thought I explained all that already.

Since you live in Canada - which probably considers itself already a member of the NWO - I can understand your confusion about the topic. :p:

Not really, Canada is hugely divided between nationalist and federalist. Then there are those who think you should have no identity of you born in Canada,
that is something reserved for immigrants. I'm for assimilation simply because it leaves no room for special rights provided to you through the federal government because you are culturally different.

Said1 said:
I think you know what I mean.

I just like to make the distinction because i really do believe in a true multiculturalism. Not the white hate we have going now.

rtwngAvngr said:
I just like to make the distinction because i really do believe in a true multiculturalism. Not the white hate we have going now.

I don't think I've ever given anyone the indication that I think that way - aside from repeating my father's favorite joke.

Forum List

Back