Good Nationalism-- Oh yes, it's real

dilloduck said:
Nationalism apparently gets villified in the same manner that religion does---find out a particular area where someone abused it as use THAT as the ultimate defintion.

Yes. Yes.

Said1 said:
'Well I'm east bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
'we gonna' do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound, just watch 'ole' Bandit run.

Keep your foot hard on the peddle....son, never mind them brakes.....'

Beeep, beep!

buford_t_justice.jpg

rtwngAvngr said:

So the only reason that you're an American nationalist is that America has the right values.

I'd say you're much less of a nationalist and much more of a free market capitalist/libertarian.

dilloduck said:
Isn't there quite a difference between nationalism and exporting it?

Yes and RWA believes in enforcing American values on others even though it may not be what they want.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm a cockeyed optimist. I believe in multiculturalism, with some adjustments. This IS the culture of our nation. I think it's good. I SEEK TO SPREAD IT. I'm nationalistic about it.

OCA said:
Yes and RWA believes in enforcing American values on others even though it may not be what they want.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm a cockeyed optimist. I believe in multiculturalism, with some adjustments. This IS the culture of our nation. I think it's good. I SEEK TO SPREAD IT. I'm nationalistic about it.
What do you expect from someone who quotes himself in his own signature?

OCA said:

rtwngAvngr said:

OOOOoo attempting to spread nationalism would be terrible. You better kick his ass. :D

The ClayTaurus said:
OCA said:

What do you expect from someone who quotes himself in his own signature?

At leas I'm honest about my beliefs, girly liar man.

dilloduck said:
OCA said:

OOOOoo attempting to spread nationalism would be terrible. You better kick his ass. :D

Dildo you don't even know what the fuck we're talking about.

If the Iraqis vote in a theocratic government are we to live by our word and let them have it or are we supposed to have election after election until we get our way? There is a huge difference between nationalism and EXPORTING nationalism.

Ahhh maybe you better stick to something you know, hating Mexicans.

OCA said:
dilloduck said:
Dildo you don't even know what the fuck we're talking about.

If the Iraqis vote in a theocratic government are we to live by our word and let them have it or are we supposed to have election after election until we get our way? There is a huge difference between nationalism and EXPORTING nationalism.

Ahhh maybe you better stick to something you know, hating Mexicans.

Ya--I can read a thread, believe it or not, and have followed this one closely--in fact it was I who suggested that nationalism and exporting nationalism were 2 quite different things. Go bluster elsewhere.

dilloduck said:
OCA said:
Ya--I can read a thread, believe it or not, and have followed this one closely--in fact it was I who suggested that nationalism and exporting nationalism were 2 quite different things. Go bluster elsewhere.

Nope i'm BLUSTERING here at an exceptionally high level.

OCA said:
dilloduck said:

I guess nobody cares to answer this question.

OCA said:

I guess nobody cares to answer this question.

Yes. We let them have it. And we've already been over that nationalism and exporting it are two different things. They are two different things, but oftentimes grouped together in discussions.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. We let them have it. And we've already been over that nationalism and exporting it are two different things. They are two different things, but oftentimes grouped together in discussions.

Then time to leave Iraq because that is what they want and since it is painfully obvious that our government is unwilling to take the steps neccessary to defeat the insurgency.

I mean the first reason was regime change and WMD, ok 1 out of 2 was not bad, we got the regime change. Never heard nation building used as a reason for war so hey since it ain't working and we have achieved our stated goals lets leave and let the dogs fight it out.

OCA said:
Then time to leave Iraq because that is what they want and since it is painfully obvious that our government is unwilling to take the steps neccessary to defeat the insurgency.

I mean the first reason was regime change and WMD, ok 1 out of 2 was not bad, we got the regime change. Never heard nation building used as a reason for war so hey since it ain't working and we have achieved our stated goals lets leave and let the dogs fight it out.

We have not acheived our stated goals. Bush has declared several times that we will keep troops in Iraq until they are able to defend themselves from their neighbors. They can't do that yet; therefore, we haven't finished the job.

gop_jeff said:
We have not acheived our stated goals. Bush has declared several times that we will keep troops in Iraq until they are able to defend themselves from their neighbors. They can't do that yet; therefore, we haven't finished the job.

Good lord! What parallell universe do you guys live in?

That was the 2005 position after it became apparent that Bush no longer had the balls to take on the insurgents. It is and never has been our job and is not worth sacrificing American military lives for Iraqi citizenry security. Bring em home, they did their job.

Do you guys pay attention to the previous years and the changing goals of this war?

Damn we need a real conservative president now, some real leadership!

OCA said:
Good lord! What parallell universe do you guys live in?

That was the 2005 position after it became apparent that Bush no longer had the balls to take on the insurgents. It is and never has been our job and is not worth sacrificing American military lives for Iraqi citizenry security. Bring em home, they did their job.

Do you guys pay attention to the previous years and the changing goals of this war?

Damn we need a real conservative president now, some real leadership!

The goals have always been related to global stability, and defense of the civilized world. Even though they voted in a theocracy this time, they need to know the process works. We ignore global stability at our peril.

New Topics

Forum List

Back