good music

H

harvey diamond

there hasnt been any decent music since louis armstrong died

Originally posted by harvey diamond
there hasnt been any decent music since louis armstrong died

I'm sorry if you feel that way.
I love old Satchmo, but man I discover new music I love every day. Not neccesarily on hids level, but he was truly something special.

Not sure why you don't like the Beatles, Bob Marley, the Talking Heads, Grateful Dead, Medeski, Martin and Wood...gosh endless amounts of great bands/musicians.

Oh, boy. Harvey, you're not one of those people who refuses to listen to anything written after 1950 or put out on CD, are you? I actually met a guy in my Music Theory class who swore that the only good music written after 1700 was by Phish, no lie. People are strange. That reminds me, The Doors were pretty good, no?

Since I have no idea when Louis Armstrong died, I have no idea if that statement is correct. There is so much out there today it's difficult to hear the new stuff in its entirety. Who wants to shell out $17 for a cd only to hear one song that's good.

You should check out some of the internet music services which let you preview before you buy song by song. I've discovered lots of cool stuff that way.

Originally posted by Moi
Since I have no idea when Louis Armstrong died, I have no idea if that statement is correct. There is so much out there today it's difficult to hear the new stuff in its entirety. Who wants to shell out $17 for a cd only to hear one song that's good.

You should check out some of the internet music services which let you preview before you buy song by song. I've discovered lots of cool stuff that way.

True, indeed. The music industry is being revolutionized right now. While many are pissed that Napster is no longer free, the good news is that hopefully someday soon most music will be able to be bought directly from musicians over the Net.

Right now, for every $17 you spend, the artist gets about a buck.

Louis Armstrong dies in 1971 I believe.

Forum List

Back