Good Job Mr. President!

People who are easily taken in by stuff like this.

Do you think I'm an Obama supporter? That I'm going to vote for him? Wrong!
The difference between you and me is simple: Whether or not he goes through with this, I like the concept and can acknowledge it is a good idea.
Same with giving small business a voice in our government.
You can't even ackowledge the concepts are good because Obama presented them - therefore they must be horrible and anyone not drinking the kool-aid must be a "Liberal" or "Obamabot".

The difference between you and just about everyone else here, is that just about everyone else here isn't an insufferable narcissist, like you are....This thread is about you trying to gain some cred as an "independent", more so than anything that the Boiking talks about maybe, possibly (most likely probably not) doing.

But it seems that the only thing that exceeds your narcissism is your gullibility...Here we have a prez who has pissed away $5 trillion, signed off on a 2,000+ page medical insurance fascism bill that nobody -including himself- read, a 3,000+ page "financial reform" bill written by two of the biggest crooks in the halls of congress, now suddenly coming to Jesus and talking like the biggest libertarian since Robert Taft, and you start this thread cheering as though he's serious.

This thread isn't about anybody but you, pal.

Indeed, election year politics and big gubmint Marxists make strange bedfellows.

Last edited:
So let's see. Hmmm.
I like the concept of streamlining government. Guess what? Even if Obama doesn't fire one single worker, I still like the idea. And again, I really like the possibility that other Democrats might actually realize that the citizens want this and perhaps, stop interfering with efforts to do so.
Would I like to see our federal government reduced in size? Of course. I've posted this on several threads and even listed about a dozen agencies I'd dump altogether.
But this isn't about the Republicans proposing streamlining government. If it was, you guys would all be agreeing with me and marveling at the common sense of it. Because I like the idea even when it comes from Obama, I'm now dishonest etc... Yup. Predictible.

Oh and I agree with you that your title would have been better. So it's makes me dishonest and not independent that I didn't come up with the best possible title? Or is it that you're just dying to do exactly what I predicted?
Since I don't agree completely and in every possible way with ConservaRepubLitarians, I must be _____________ (insert petty insult here - in this case, dishonest etc...). Typical tactic.
So maybe you've never written anything that could have been improved upon or clarified? Yeah right.

BTW, thanks for the tip on the ghostery thing but I still get ads. Apparently now that the Miss America Pageant is over, I am somehow better suited to take polls offered by Newsmax or go back to college... Also, I keep getting these little boxes in the upper right hand corner that say things like "Google Analytics". Should I click on them? Then what?
Cheers.

I have been quite clear throughout this thread that the only part of this idea I do not like is folding the USTR, a small and responsive agency that usually does a good job, into the same agency that monitors compliance with trade agreements. I think that anyone can see the problem with this, and even some Democrats have spoken up against it. I would say exactly the same thing if a Republican had proposed it because I base my opinions on my understanding of reality. In other words, I can be wrong, and will be, but when I am I can learn from my mistakes.

My problem with you is ot just from this thread, it is from all your posts. You have a tendency to point at one side and not the other when describing problems. When people point this out to you you respond by accusing them of being partisan hacks. The strange thing I have noticed is that all the partisan hacks are on the right, the left side seems to be filled with reasonable people who can think, even when they disagree with you. I will admit I have not read all your posts, so feel free to point out where you have accused people on the left of disagreeing with you because they are reacting without thinking.

As for Ghostery, it doesn't stop ads, it only stops trackers and cookies, if you turn all the features on. In Firefox it will also block web trackers. Use NoScript and AdBlock if you want to block ads. No Script is especially effective, but it takes extra work to make it work right. I do not know your level of tech comfort. One I recommend as an alternative for my friends who are less than proficient is Yes Script because you have to set it to block scripts manually.

You might start with my posts on Unions, Why I won't Vote For Obama or Tebow... And you might also consider how many times The Right will instantly label someone a Lefty if there is so much of a grain of disagreement with the FOX Doctrine displayed.

And as far as saying people are drones, you're right. I probably do that too often. I'll work on it.
Does that mean there are none? Nope. In this very thread you'll see plenty of people who have praised the GOP for wanting to streamline government but now condemn the very concept, because it has been presented by Obama. Or would you contend that there are NO people who have virtually every decision and viewpoint, guided by party or ideology? I see it on The Left and Right all the time.

Why would I dispute the position that some people are hacks when I just explained why you come across as one?

I have been labeled as a both a wingnut and a moonbat, I don't care. I take my position, and defend it. You should try the same. Instead of insisting that you are independent, just be independent, why care what others think?

I have been quite clear throughout this thread that the only part of this idea I do not like is folding the USTR, a small and responsive agency that usually does a good job, into the same agency that monitors compliance with trade agreements. I think that anyone can see the problem with this, and even some Democrats have spoken up against it. I would say exactly the same thing if a Republican had proposed it because I base my opinions on my understanding of reality. In other words, I can be wrong, and will be, but when I am I can learn from my mistakes.

My problem with you is ot just from this thread, it is from all your posts. You have a tendency to point at one side and not the other when describing problems. When people point this out to you you respond by accusing them of being partisan hacks. The strange thing I have noticed is that all the partisan hacks are on the right, the left side seems to be filled with reasonable people who can think, even when they disagree with you. I will admit I have not read all your posts, so feel free to point out where you have accused people on the left of disagreeing with you because they are reacting without thinking.

As for Ghostery, it doesn't stop ads, it only stops trackers and cookies, if you turn all the features on. In Firefox it will also block web trackers. Use NoScript and AdBlock if you want to block ads. No Script is especially effective, but it takes extra work to make it work right. I do not know your level of tech comfort. One I recommend as an alternative for my friends who are less than proficient is Yes Script because you have to set it to block scripts manually.

You might start with my posts on Unions, Why I won't Vote For Obama or Tebow... And you might also consider how many times The Right will instantly label someone a Lefty if there is so much of a grain of disagreement with the FOX Doctrine displayed.

And as far as saying people are drones, you're right. I probably do that too often. I'll work on it.
Does that mean there are none? Nope. In this very thread you'll see plenty of people who have praised the GOP for wanting to streamline government but now condemn the very concept, because it has been presented by Obama. Or would you contend that there are NO people who have virtually every decision and viewpoint, guided by party or ideology? I see it on The Left and Right all the time.

Why would I dispute the position that some people are hacks when I just explained why you come across as one?

I have been labeled as a both a wingnut and a moonbat, I don't care. I take my position, and defend it. You should try the same. Instead of insisting that you are independent, just be independent, why care what others think?

'Cause he ain't no independent... he's a leftwing hack who hopes you won't noitice.

People who are easily taken in by stuff like this.

Do you think I'm an Obama supporter? That I'm going to vote for him? Wrong!
The difference between you and me is simple: Whether or not he goes through with this, I like the concept and can acknowledge it is a good idea.
Same with giving small business a voice in our government.
You can't even ackowledge the concepts are good because Obama presented them - therefore they must be horrible and anyone not drinking the kool-aid must be a "Liberal" or "Obamabot".

The difference between you and just about everyone else here, is that just about everyone else here isn't an insufferable narcissist, like you are....This thread is about you trying to gain some cred as an "independent", more so than anything that the Boiking talks about maybe, possibly (most likely probably not) doing.

But it seems that the only thing that exceeds your narcissism is your gullibility...Here we have a prez who has pissed away $5 trillion, signed off on a 2,000+ page medical insurance fascism bill that nobody -including himself- read, a 3,000+ page "financial reform" bill written by two of the biggest crooks in the halls of congress, now suddenly coming to Jesus and talking like the biggest libertarian since Robert Taft, and you start this thread cheering as though he's serious.

This thread isn't about anybody but you, pal.

You're um, having "feelings". Poor baby. Settle down and wipe the piddle from your little panties.
Then look at my threads about Obamacare. Or both Bush AND Obama's bank bailouts. So while you avoid the topic and make a post about me (while claiming I'm the one who's making it about me), what have you said about the concept discussed in the topic? Zero.
Wow I'm, I'm just so affected by someone who has nothing to say. Really.

So let's try again. Here's the concept:
What if a lot of LibDem voters actually express positive sentiment toward this idea?
What if the Dems realize this is something that even their own side of the aisle would like to see happen?
What if they realize reducing & streamlining government could actually help them with their own voters!
Wouldn't that be a good thing?

So. You can keep making this about me if you want to. Or you could try discussing a topic directly. Just a thought.

Who talks about the ethnicity of he wife (as though it matters to anyone), or whom he has played golf with (as though it matters to anyone), or other completely irrelevant minutia of his life, as though anyone gives a flying fudge?....You do.

Now, you start a thread proclaiming "Good Job Mr. President!" for said prez talking about consolidating (not eliminating) a paltry few of the appendages of the bureaucratic behemoth, without any really specific plan about how we get from Point A to Point B.

Fact is that he's blowing out his ass and you're buying into the bullshit because, like everything else, it's all about you.

Who talks about the ethnicity of he wife (as though it matters to anyone), or whom he has played golf with (as though it matters to anyone), or other completely irrelevant minutia of his life, as though anyone gives a flying fudge?....You do.

Now, you start a thread proclaiming "Good Job Mr. President!" for said prez talking about consolidating (not eliminating) a paltry few of the appendages of the bureaucratic behemoth, without any really specific plan about how we get from Point A to Point B.

Fact is that he's blowing out his ass and you're buying into the bullshit because, like everything else, it's all about you.

Well obviously you are focused on me as you haven't addressed the topic at all. Not that that is a surprise. You are one of my puppies! I can link a bunch of posts where you see I've posted something, say nothing of substance about the topic at all and just talk about l'il ol' me. Don't get me wrong. It's very flattering that you're so obssessed with me! But I'm happily married so you really should stop trying to get me attention all the time there sweeheart.
So basically, your position is because he hasn't solved all the world's problems at once, he shouldn't even discuss the idea of streamlining government anywhere, to see how his constituents would react to it. Yes, this could have been predicted from you.

"Before news broke of the rescue, Obama told Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, "Leon, good job tonight. Good job tonight," at the State of the Union address."

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

Okay so Obama wants to streamline government. Sounds like he's finally listening to the Tea Party and Libertarians! Of course Repubs have always claimed this but usually while growing the government.
So good. Is it because it's an election year? Who gives a flick. Getting Congress to do anything useful has proven impossible. Dems and Repubs are both too busy making sure the other side looks bad, to worry about the best interest of the country. So screw 'em. This is a good thing. Of course, after having made this their mantra for years, The Right will have to find SOME way to spin this as a negative and I'm truly curious to see how they'll do it. My bet is they'll go with the election year thing but who knows? They may try to feck up the process of reducing government, just to make Obama look bad. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Another good thing? I own a small business. We are the REAL "job creators" in the USA but while the government gives tax breaks, subsidies and every bit of help from the government to companies that ship jobs overseas, we get squat.
So Obama is making SBA a cabinet level position. This is the best news in years IF, the post has any teeth and there is ever any progress in helping us. We'll see.

So for three years, I've thought and posted that Obama pretty much sucks balls when it comes to his domestic agenda.
He still does. But he's slightly less bad than he was and even though I don't think he's a good president, I can acknowledge when he does get something right. This is one of those times.
I still won't vote for him though.

His sudden desire to 'streamline' government is a blatant attempt to pander to the right.... won't work. Contrary to the misperception of the left, the right are not stupid.

A quick little correction - Obama aims to save $3 billion over the next ten years. That means $300,000,000 per year, not $300,000.

(Brits and Americans have a different definition of "billion." The Brits leave off three zeroes.)

$300,000,000 is what percent of 1,330,000,000,000? That is the projected deficit for fiscal year 2012. My math says the deficit will be only 1,329,700,000,000. What a relief!

Forum List

Back