Good Job, Kid

No. Better the kid doesn't have to carry that weight around his whole life. He did good aiming for the leg.

I meant blow his balls off.

Twelve shots and one hit. The kid wasn't exactly aiming. The perp was extremely lucky.

Twelve shots and one hit. The kid wasn't exactly aiming. The perp was extremely lucky.
True. Was he stealing the family's dirty laundry? Wonder if he'll think twice about breaking into another house.

The fat kid is extremely lucky he doesn't have blood on his hands. And from the quote, it doesn't seem to have been a teachable moment.

"Blow his balls off". For stealing laundry.
I think you just articulated the problem.

I read this yesterday and couldn't help thinking that 1 hit in 12 qualifies him for the Italian Army. Reminds me of the first time I delivered a baby, and next day I was crowing to a contact in New York City that I usually spoke to daily. I expected a big whoop or congrats or something congratulatory..and he said in a bored voice, "Congratulations! You now qualify to be a New York taxi driver." I actually hope this kid gets the same treatment. That way, next time he feels the need to impress friends and family he wont go looking for someone to shoot.

I read this yesterday and couldn't help thinking that 1 hit in 12 qualifies him for the Italian Army. Reminds me of the first time I delivered a baby, and next day I was crowing to a contact in New York City that I usually spoke to daily. I expected a big whoop or congrats or something congratulatory..and he said in a bored voice, "Congratulations! You now qualify to be a New York taxi driver." I actually hope this kid gets the same treatment. That way, next time he feels the need to impress friends and family he wont go looking for someone to shoot.

Excellent point. It ain't nothing to "brag" about.

He's still a better marksman than most of the NYPD. Those guys have a better chance of hitting a perp if they just throw a handful of bullets.

Yet, they're the only ones professional enough to carry guns.

No, for breaking into an occupied home and threatening to kill a child. It's just too bad that the hump didn't bleed out before EMTs arrived.

Kid was scared. An eleven year old's decision making skills ... you're right, though, he'll probably be the big hit on the playground for awhile.

The fat kid is extremely lucky he doesn't have blood on his hands. And from the quote, it doesn't seem to have been a teachable moment.

The problem is bad guys coming onto your property to steal anything. You don't owe them a thing.

Entering the house is a big mistake. Here, such a perp would almost immediately have a big hungry puppy hanging from each buttock, effectively preventing him from retreating. :laugh:

The problem is bad guys coming onto your property to steal anything. You don't owe them a thing.

Entering the house is a big mistake. Here, such a perp would almost immediately have a big hungry puppy hanging from each buttock, effectively preventing him from retreating. :laugh:
I agree the perp was deserving of a leg shot. And hopefully he will acquire a significant attitude adjustment. But lets hope the kid doesn't get the idea shooting a deserving person makes one righteous and heroic. That's my point. There's something else...in my State, shooting a person outside your home gets you in a lot of trouble. The rule of thumb is that if the perp is on the porch or window, drag him/her into the house.

I was just getting ready to post this story. Imagine the shit he's going to take in jail. Shot by an 11-year-old, and pretty much being called a bitch by him on national TV. And he probably won't get much time for a failed burglary so then he will have to face his friends soon after. :lol:

in my State, shooting a person outside your home gets you in a lot of trouble. The rule of thumb is that if the perp is on the porch or window, drag him/her into the house.

Here too, unless there is an immediate threat. Can't shoot if he's running away.

Hell, the perp can be stealing the car, and unless he presents a direct threat, you can't shoot him. You cannot shoot to protect property.

Forum List

Back