Good Job Bobby Jindal!!!

Pheonixops

Proud Liberal
Jan 27, 2012
On the tennis courts
I just saw him on Wolf Blitzer, CNN tonight, my wife even liked the guy and she's a Democrat! The way he presented HIS vision of the republican party was impressive. When the transcript appears, i will post it. He sure seems to have a totally different mindset than your hannity, limbaugh, savage, levin, type of "conservative" republicans. He certainly has a different attitude than the aforementioned people who post here.
A question to you republican "conservatives"; Is his vision the same as yours? I would vote for this guy as POTUS in 2016, how about you?

I just saw him on Wolf Blitzer, CNN tonight, my wife even liked the guy and she's a Democrat! The way he presented HIS vision of the republican party was impressive. When the transcript appears, i will post it. He sure seems to have a totally different mindset than your hannity, limbaugh, savage, levin, type of "conservative" republicans. He certainly has a different attitude than the aforementioned people who post here.
A question to you republican "conservatives"; Is his vision the same as yours? I would vote for this guy as POTUS in 2016, how about you?

I have been a supporter of Jindal for some time. He bucked the government interference during the oil spill and actually did something. The left will savage him as they do all others.

I have been a supporter of Jindal for some time. He bucked the government interference during the oil spill and actually did something. The left will savage him as they do all others.

I actually think that the lunatic fringe on the right will be the ones to do that. I would like to see a republican party that had a Jindal, Powell, Rubio, Johnson, and Christie as the main faces of that party.

The right wing of the GOP isn't going to go away. The neo-moderate wng that might be forming now had better be careful that they don't get too many 'leaders' vying for the 2016 nomination,

who split that vote and leave a single rightwing champion able to monopolize the right wing in the primaries.

I actually think that the lunatic fringe on the right will be the ones to do that. I would like to see a republican party that had a Jindal, Powell, Rubio, Johnson, and Christie as the main faces of that party.

I would like to see these guys take over the party and bitch slap the nut jobs every time they speak up

If the Republican Party were to return to its original tenets, before the madness of ‘social conservatism,’ it would find many more democrats attracted to its candidates.

The right wing of the GOP isn't going to go away. The neo-moderate wng that might be forming now had better be careful that they don't get too many 'leaders' vying for the 2016 nomination,

who split that vote and leave a single rightwing champion able to monopolize the right wing in the primaries.

I agree, but i also think that if they present the sane message that Jindal and co. are presenting, they will attract a lot more people to their party than the limbaugh/hannity asshole types.

I would like to see these guys take over the party and bitch slap the nut jobs every time they speak up

Me too, it would actually be a good thing for Our country. I think that these new guys do need to take over and dominate that party. Bobby Jindal presented an intelligent, sane, and respectful message that would propel that party in the correct direction with the American people.

I also saw Jindal tonight. I think that he makes a lot of sense. I see two positive signs of a new day for the republican party. One is the up and coming republican who can talk about the vision for the party they see. The other are republicans who have been around for years and remember having lunch and being social with members from both sides of the isle. I think the second group have the hurdle of the years the republicans were in lock step and whether they are going to stop giving Fox talking points for partisan reasons.

If the Republican Party were to return to its original tenets, before the madness of ‘social conservatism,’ it would find many more democrats attracted to its candidates.

I agree, Jindal's tone was a positive and respectful one. He's not stating that the people who vote democrat are on a "plantation" or that they want "free stuff". He put forth a positive agenda and ideas.

I also saw Jindal tonight. I think that he makes a lot of sense. I see two positive signs of a new day for the republican party. One is the up and coming republican who can talk about the vision for the party they see. The other are republicans who have been around for years and remember having lunch and being social with members from both sides of the isle. I think the second group have the hurdle of the years the republicans were in lock step and whether they are going to stop giving Fox talking points for partisan reasons.

I agree, in fact I actually found it to be a pretty uplifting message.

The far right monstrosity the GOP has become is too stupid to realize that.

The far right monstrosity the GOP has become is too stupid to realize that.

Isn't the Democrats usual stance that we will negotiate with just about anyone? I think the republican party is within our tolerance. We just have to find the ones with whom we can make progress.

Bobby Jindal on the Issues

Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
Voted YES on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
Rated 100% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-life stance. (Dec 2006)

Strong views opposing same-sex marriage. (Nov 2010)
Supports constitutional amendment to define marriage. (Jun 2008)
Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)
Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)

Chemical castration for sexual predators. (Nov 2010)
Death penalty for violent child rape. (Nov 2010)
Increase penalties on child predators and sex offenders. (Jan 2009)
Capital punishment for rape as well as murder. (Jun 2008)

Reward good teachers with flex pay. (Nov 2010)
Pay 90% of public school cost as private & parochial tuition. (Nov 2010)
Tap faith-based groups to run charter schools. (Nov 2010)

Drilling moratorium was second disaster after BP spill. (Nov 2010)
Develop any & all methods of producing energy. (Nov 2010)
Cap-and-trade is a jobs bill for other countries. (Nov 2010)
More renewables; more nuclear power, more drilling. (Feb 2009)
Voted YES on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
Voted NO on removing oil & gas exploration subsidies. (Jan 2007)

Make being a Congressman a part-time job. (Nov 2010)
Full financial disclosure for both legislators & lobbyists. (Nov 2010)
Line-item veto & single-item legislation. (Nov 2010)

Voted YES on requiring photo ID for voting in federal elections. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)
Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)

Mexico is effectively exporting its unemployment to us. (Nov 2010)
Enforce existing laws & refocus on high-skill immigrants. (Nov 2010)
Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)
Rated 100% by USBC, indicating a sealed-border stance. (Dec 2006)
Government services in English only. (Mar 2008)
Declare English as the official language of the US. (Feb 2007)

I'm a son of the Deep South. (Nov 2010)

Make the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts permanent. (Nov 2004)

Jindal is not a moderate.

Voted YES on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)

Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)

After the GOP got their asses handed to them in this past election, Jindal like the rest of the GOP garbage such as Christie are throwing the radical right under the bus now to pretend like they are moderate to put on a good face 2016.

If Willard won, you can bet all of them would shift as far to the right as they possibly could, but that's the GOP for you, a bunch of scumbags and filthy animals.

Last edited:

Which is actually the point – many republican officials have similar records, now is the time for them to become moderate on the issues.

Forum List

Back