Good High Paying American Jobs

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I'm so sick of the talk about the economic stimulous package.

And neither Dems or Reps seem to get it. I found this today:

There is a growing consensus among lawmakers in both parties that the deepening collapse of the housing market is at the heart of the country’s acute economic downturn.

NYT: Both parties move to aid homeowners - The New York Times- msnbc.com

WRONG! What is at the heart of this crisis? Jobs! People are losing their jobs. If they are lucky, they are finding jobs that don't pay as well as their last job.

Or people who have jobs are afraid they are going to lose them so NO ONE is spending.

So, the politicians and corporations can either bring back the good paying manufacturing jobs they sent overseas or they can move to those other countries and sell their shit to them. Because we certainly can't afford it.

So we can give $700 billion to the bankers. That won't do a damn thing.

We can even give $ to everyone who got a bad sub prime loan. That won't do anything either. Because if/when those people lose their jobs, they still won't be able to pay.

And fuck green jobs. Those will be great in 5 years, but what we need are for manufacuturing to come back from other countries.

I know Ford and/or their suppliers have plants in Venesuela, European countries and Mexico. They need to manufacture at least 70% of the vehicle in the US. If they don't, either they get taxed or they don't get tax breaks.

I don't think we understand how many American jobs have been sent overseas. It is insane! No wonder unemployment is so high and wages are down. Maybe we should all apply for Haloburton/Blackwater.

And Walmart jobs won't help. We need good paying jobs.

PS. Repeal this: The Labor–Management Relations Act of 47, informally the Taft–Hartley Act, is a United States federal law greatly restricting the activities and power of labor unions.

There is a growing consensus among lawmakers in both parties that the deepening collapse of the housing market is at the heart of the country’s acute economic downturn.

WRONG! What is at the heart of this crisis? Jobs! People are losing their jobs. If they are lucky, they are finding jobs that don't pay as well as their last job.

Or people who have jobs are afraid they are going to lose them so NO ONE is spending.

So, the politicians and corporations can either bring back the good paying manufacturing jobs they sent overseas or they can move to those other countries and sell their shit to them. Because we certainly can't afford it.

We can even give $ to everyone who got a bad sub prime loan. That won't do anything either. Because if/when those people lose their jobs, they still won't be able to pay.

And fuck green jobs. Those will be great in 5 years, but what we need are for manufacuturing to come back from other countries.

I know Ford and/or their suppliers have plants in Venesuela, European countries and Mexico. They need to manufacture at least 70% of the vehicle in the US. If they don't, either they get taxed or they don't get tax breaks.

I don't think we understand how many American jobs have been sent overseas. It is insane! No wonder unemployment is so high and wages are down. Maybe we should all apply for Haloburton/Blackwater.

PS. Repeal this: The Labor–Management Relations Act of 47, informally the Taft–Hartley Act, is a United States federal law greatly restricting the activities and power of labor unions.

Every congressman in the US House and Senate wants their kids to grow up and get a "good manufacturing job", don't they?

Every congressman in the US House and Senate wants their kids to grow up and get a "good manufacturing job", don't they?

As important as jobs are to our recovery, I'm disappointed that I only got two jackasses to reply with nonsense.

Bobo, I'm more than happy to listen to your nonsensical diatribe, because I'm pretty sure when you're pushing that shopping cart down the street you don't get much of an audience.

Yesterday we were laughing at swing voters. I know this swing voter guy who runs a landscaping company. He almost went out of business because the oil companies were gouging us.

So when I heard he was considering voting for John McCain. :cuckoo:

Well, needless to say, I about shit my pants.

PS. You do realize that back in the day of our founding fathers, the conservatives fought to keep you from voting. You are a surf, peasant, rabble.

But ever since liberals won you the right to vote, the people who faught so hard to keep you from voting now fight hard to fool you into voting with them. But it isn't hard, because you are dumb. :lol:

I wouldn't mind if my low paying job came back from India, hey at least it's a job, and I had travel benefits besides, I was really looking forward to retiring from United and traveling.

No I can't find a job I can do anywhere. My back is all messed up and there aren't any call center jobs left around here. No one wants a "secretary", they want and "administrative assistant" and they don't seem to realize it's the same d*mn thing.

Maybe I'll go down to social secuirty and apply for disability. Is it a disability when all the jobs you can do have left the country?

Bobo, I'm more than happy to listen to your nonsensical diatribe, because I'm pretty sure when you're pushing that shopping cart down the street you don't get much of an audience.

Yesterday we were laughing at swing voters. I know this swing voter guy who runs a landscaping company. He almost went out of business because the oil companies were gouging us.

So when I heard he was considering voting for John McCain. :cuckoo:

Well, needless to say, I about shit my pants.

PS. You do realize that back in the day of our founding fathers, the conservatives fought to keep you from voting. You are a surf, peasant, rabble.

But ever since liberals won you the right to vote, the people who faught so hard to keep you from voting now fight hard to fool you into voting with them. But it isn't hard, because you are dumb. :lol:

Actually, they only wanted land owners to vote. Didn't matter how much or how little land you owned. I kind of agree with them. Those who own the land, they're staying, it's not so easy for them to pack up and go so they aren't going to put in stupid laws that will affect them so badly.

Good rant, Sealy.

You intuit what I have been complaining about.

The root source of the problem this nation is facing is deeper than the FED (although they screwed up) the banks (although their greed screwed them) the idiots who overbought (although I agree they scewed up), too.

The root source of the problem stems fromt he fact that for the last fourty years or so we have systematically been making it more difficult for Americans to make a living wage.

We worked longer hours than the WWII generation did, we got more edcuation than they did, we put our women to work to help us keep our families afloat, and in the last stages of this systemic disease of our economic woes, many of us borrowed too much because we were foolishly optomistic and thought that eventually our lifes and fortunes would turn around back to the time when working for a living meant that you actually would also make enough to pay back our debts.

WEll the sheep have no wool, and STILL this idiots think they can jump start their idiotic system again so that they can go back to fleecing the sheeple.

It's OVER BOYS...either change the system or let the whole god damned thing collapse as our LIBERTARIAN chums are demanding.

You will not put this humptey-dumptey (fuck the working class) economic system back together again.

It didn't work, and it won't work if you piss away ten trillion dollars on a dubious bailout, either, unless you fix the arterial beeding that is FREE TRADE,

I wouldn't mind if my low paying job came back from India, hey at least it's a job, and I had travel benefits besides, I was really looking forward to retiring from United and traveling.

No I can't find a job I can do anywhere. My back is all messed up and there aren't any call center jobs left around here. No one wants a "secretary", they want and "administrative assistant" and they don't seem to realize it's the same d*mn thing.

Maybe I'll go down to social secuirty and apply for disability. Is it a disability when all the jobs you can do have left the country?

Remember in the 90's when jobs were really plentyful? Companies hated that because it drove wages up.

Even last year Bill Gates was lobbying Congress for more F1 Worker Visa's. He said there weren't enough American IT professionals to fill all the jobs. BULLSHIT! He just wanted the cheap labor.

And when Reagan got into office, we had 2 million illegals here dilluting the workforce. Today, over 12 million. And they are doing more than just "jobs Americans won't do".

Good rant, Sealy.

The root source of the problem this nation is facing is deeper than the FED (although they screwed up) the banks (although their greed screwed them) the idiots who overbought (although I agree they scewed up), too.

The root source of the problem stems fromt he fact that for the last fourty years or so we have systematically been making it more difficult for Americans to make a living wage.

We worked longer hours than the WWII generation did, we got more edcuation than they did, we put our women to work to help us keep our families afloat, and in the last stages of this systemic disease of our economic woes, many of us borrowed too much because we were foolishly optomistic and thought that eventually our lifes and fortunes would turn around back to the time when working for a living meant that you actually would also make enough to pay back our debts.

WEll the sheep have no wool, and STILL this idiots think they can jump start their idiotic system again so that they can go back to fleecing the sheeple.

It's OVER BOYS...either change the system or let the whole god damned thing collapse as our LIBERTARIAN chums are demanding.

You will not put this humptey-dumptey (fuck the working class) economic system back together again.

It didn't work, and it won't work if you piss away ten trillion dollars on a dubious bailout, either, unless you fix the arterial beeding that is FREE TRADE,

Well my brother works for a tier one auto supplier and he says the cost of doing business in Brazil, China, Europe or Venesuela is constantly going up. They have unions too. Their employees have demands too.

And with gas at $4 a gallon, it didn't make sense to make something overseas when you ultimately had to ship it home. Too expensive.

So maybe one day jobs will come back? :eusa_pray:

PS. I can't find the quote from Greenspan, but one of his jobs was to keep unemployment at a certain level. That kept wages down.

Good rant, Sealy.

Well my brother works for a tier one auto supplier and he says the cost of doing business in Brazil, China, Europe or Venesuela is constantly going up. They have unions too. Their employees have demands too.

And with gas at $4 a gallon, it didn't make sense to make something overseas when you ultimately had to ship it home. Too expensive.

So maybe one day jobs will come back? :eusa_pray:

PS. I can't find the quote from Greenspan, but one of his jobs was to keep unemployment at a certain level. That kept wages down.

The masters are hoping that the cost of employing people in the USA will drop down to what it is in the slave nations they currently so love.

Why do you think they so hate unions?

It annoys these cretins when mere working people don't kowtow to the money.

It frightens them when the hoi poli think they are are just people who have to put their pants on one leg at a time, too.

Fuck them and fuck their classist insecurities, too.

They've fooled enough pandering quisling fools into thinking that the problem in America is Americans, but now that the shit has backed up into the middle class, their idiotic plans are coming undone because the American middle class IS the engine that drove the world's economy.

Fix the economy such that we continue to have a vibrant American middle class or expect to see a world wide economic depression.

Aw that's just a mis-speak. Politicians are only capable of mis-speaking, never accidentally admitting to the truth.

I believe he spoke the truth, and now everybody is trying to cover it up.

Check this out Regarding the Economic Stimulous plan:

Democrats upheld a so-called Buy American provision that requires projects financed by the measure to be built with domestically produced iron and steel.

That's Great!!! What great news! What could possibly be wrong with this?

But with Obama voicing concern about the provision, the requirement was changed to specify that U.S. international trade agreements not to be violated.

WTF??? So we have international trade agreements that are stopping us from bringing jobs back home?

I hope Obama does something about them. If not, I'm going to see him as just as corrupt as Bill Clinton was. Good. Better than any of the GOP. But ultimately, he sold out too.

This is so damned funny. As Editec has noted previously, the people on the factory floor knew the economy was in trouble at least four years ago. Many of us, immediatly on seeing Bush's tax cuts realized that would lead into economic woes. The vast FUBAR in Iraq, the war that was supposed to pay for itself, just added to the load. Whatever the final straw was, it doesn't matter. Anyone with a brain realized that on the Sunday before Meltdown Monday, when both Bush and McCain lauded the soundness of the economy that we were in for a very rough ride.

Now just how rough that ride will become is beginning to be apparent. 600,000 jobs lost last week in this nation. The percentage that the market dumped in January. We really have a lot to thank the prior administration for.

Nope it is housing. Everything else stems from the collapse of housing and NOTHING will fix it until housing is fixed. We used seemingly never ending sharp rising in housing valuations, willingness to loan up to as much as 125% of those valuations at very low interest rates, which fueled a massive spending spree on everything, creating an acute labor SHORTAGE throughout much of the Bush era. There simply weren't enough workers to make, ship, sell, and account for all the STUFF Americans were buying from using money out of their houses.

Housing values were the engine of Bush boom just as Tech was the engine of the Clinton boom. When those burst, it all came down.

Until we start building houses again, and those houses start gaining 3-5% in value every year, and lenders become willing to lend against those valuations, we are stuck, and stuck hard......

The #1 target of stimulus has to be direct shot right at housing.

Good rant, Sealy.

Shows how little you know. The Root of this was the collapse of housing, caused by federal policy that created artificially low interest, and unrestrained lending, and creating of outrageously risky vehicles based on unrestrained lending. The flood of money chasing limited supply lead to the classic asset bubble with very predictable results. Had NOTHING to do with trade policy or a declining manufacturing sector.

Technology will continue to make ever more manufacturing jobs obsolete and something this country SHOULD be shedding in favor of new sectors, many we haven't even thought of yet.

As important as jobs are to our recovery, I'm disappointed that I only got two jackasses to reply with nonsense.

You can call me a jackass all you want, but what I said is true.
The politicians want you to have a manufacturing job, they want their children to have a job that pays much better.

Forum List

Back