Good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun!

this whole gun thing makes me wanna howl at the moon. a long, doleful, piercing cry for a wealthy country that can do better for its children...for my children...but appears to have settled on a pain threshold that is morally unacceptable!

Who has?

2/3rds of those deaths are Suicide. Society doesn't make those decisions, the individual does, and a gun is not a requirement in those deaths.

80% of the rest are gang related. Preach that to the gangs and their families. Society has tried and it falls on deaf ears.

A good number of the rest are domestics and a lot of that violence has to do with drug use.

There are a few others, and some involve kids, but how about we start raising our children better, not pressuring them to excel at an early age so those that fall behind, or can't afford tutors, and fall behind aren't treated like outcasts.

And maybe, just maybe, not thinking every kid that acts up a bit has a disability and quit putting them on brain altering drugs when they have yet to have fully developed brains in the first place.

I hear exactly what your saying, but it's just as simple as locking up criminals for long periods of time and getting our kids off of prescription drugs that turn some into monsters.

my 2 cents

Well for your sake I hope you never run into a gunman in a restaurant your in. Or just someone shooting.

If you do, hit the deck and the shooter might mistake you for a piece of furniture.

If not. Well funerals are expensive.
so sad. While most of the world dont have to be on guard. And what strikes me the most that gun buts like you dont think that other countries live peacefully day and day out going to restaurants. Schools, work places....America is losing its mind.

LMAO Nope. Many Americans have guns and aren't afraid to protect themselves.

Europe has been disarmed for its own safety.

Oh there are guns there but only criminals have them.

I'm sure the dead in Paris would have loved to have had a gun to protect themselves against the Muslim murderers.

The right to keep and bear arms is in our constitution. European countries don't have a constitution. Boo Hoo. Light a candle.
Blah blah typical ignorant hillbilly ....how many mass shooting did Europe have compared to the US ? And especially in schools. You guys say the dumbest shit to cover your ignorance. Europe has better living standards for its citizens compared to the US. They live longer, they have universal healthcare, they are safer, their kids are safer, they have more vacation time, they travel more....I'm always inEurope, it takes me hours to see an obese poorly dressed person like I see once I land back in the US....but yes life evolves around owning gun for you.

Blah blah blah. You sound like an idiot to me.

How many mass killings?? How bout Paris a few years ago where over one hundred were killed.

How bout the vehicles they used to mow down dozens on the streets.

How bout the Muslims who rape, pillage and see nothing wrong with doing so??

Safer?? Not hardly. Europe has disarmed its citizens "for their own safety" and left them virtually powerless to defend themselves. Europe is a mess right now with the death cult in almost every country.

I own guns and am proud of it. I will also be able to defend myself and my home. How bout you numbnuts.
You had to go years back in france for a mass shooting lol. Here in the US it happens frequently even to little kids. Not even the Taliban are this savage. Please show the stats of how many people die in the from violence in general and especially guns here in the US, compared to the rest of the developed world.

Ps: have you ever lived outside a fun infested country? It's a lot safer trust me.

The death thing.......Britain has more violence than we do, but their gun toting criminals don't shoot to kill, they have guns, they just don't use them to murder their victims...dittos the criminals in France.....they don't use the AR-15 civilian rifle, the French criminals prefer fully automatic military weapons...and they still don't use them to kill.....muslim terrorists do use them to kill, but they have been having more success using Rental trucks....a muslim terrorist in Nice, France used a rental truck to murder 86 people in one go...more than any of our mass public shootings....

Rental trucks are deadlier than guns...

Since you moved to this great nation, you've obviously learned nothing about statistics or the fact that mass public shootings are a tiny fraction of the violent crime pie and that CNN doesn't choose their top stories in a way that is statistically representative of the whole.
You can approach it and over analyze as you wish. But the fact of 5he matter is that the US has a gun problem that leads to thousands of deaths including children unlike most countries.
There is no gun problem.
Only a minorities problem.

But you wouldn't know that since front page news is where you get 100% of your info.
Since whites became a minority since most mass shooters were mostly white: Texas school, Florida school, Las Vegas, Columbine, Sandy hook, etc...

You do realize that mass shootings make up a tiny percent of the overall number, right?

Did you need a link to the demographics of annual murders?
You can spin it as much as you want. People kill each other by thousands because the availability of guns here in the US...far worse than most countries on earth. What's your point ?
The point is that guns don't cause crime. People do. Bad people. And we have more of those bad people than other countries do, hence the disparity in homicide.

If gun availability caused murder, then El Salvador would be one of the safer countries in the hemisphere.

You can approach it and over analyze as you wish. But the fact of 5he matter is that the US has a gun problem that leads to thousands of deaths including children unlike most countries.
There is no gun problem.

But you wouldn't know that since front page news is where you get 100% of your info.
Since whites became a minority since most mass shooters were mostly white: Texas school, Florida school, Las Vegas, Columbine, Sandy hook, etc...

You do realize that mass shootings make up a tiny percent of the overall number, right?

You can spin it as much as you want. People kill each other by thousands because the availability of guns here in the US...far worse than most countries on earth. What's your point ?
The point is that guns don't cause crime. People do. Bad people. And we have more of those bad people than other countries do, hence the disparity in homicide.

If gun availability caused murder, then El Salvador would be one of the safer countries in the hemisphere.

WRONG.....You wouldn't know it because you never enjoyed living in a free gun society....Most of the world does. That's why when we watch massacres in the US the first thing we all say in different languages: Crazy Americans and their love for guns and violence. Now that I live here and i became American, it saddens me that the gun lovers have no clue that their guns are useless against a tyrannical government...infact the government has everyone by the balls without a fight....and in the process thousands of people die including children in schools.

There is no gun problem.

WRONG.....You wouldn't know it because you never enjoyed living in a free gun society....Most of the world does. That's why when we watch massacres in the US the first thing we all say in different languages: Crazy Americans and their love for guns and violence. Now that I live here and i became American, it saddens me that the gun lovers have no clue that their guns are useless against a tyrannical government...infact the government has everyone by the balls without a fight....and in the process thousands of people die including children in schools.
There is not one single gun free society on this planet

There is no gun problem.

Europe sent 12 million innocent men, women and children to the gas chambers.....Europe simply likes to kill people in the millions at a time.....a cultural difference....

And those crazy Americans use their legal guns 2.4 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murders......and because more Americans now own and carry guns...our gun murder rate dropped 49%......our gun crime rate went down 75%....our violent crime rate dropped 72%.... meanwhile, in Britain, their gun crime rate has gone up 44% in London alone, in a country that banned and confiscated guns, and their violent crime rate went up 90% in some areas of the country while going up all across England and wales...the only thing their criminals don't do with their guns is murder people......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

There is no gun problem.

And you are wrong...as violence goes up all across Europe....crime rates in the U.S. are going down, as more Americans own and carry guns.....

Britain...banned guns....

Yorkshire sees highest number of crimes for any county in Britain according to figures

“In particular we’re shocked to see an increase of nearly 30 per cent in weapon possession offences between 2016 and 2017.”

Crimes covered violent and sexual offences, vehicle theft, public order offences, possession of weapons, shoplifting, personal theft, drug crimes, robbery, criminal damage, bicycle thefts and anti-social behaviour.

========

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

The U.S., 600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense.......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

You know what we mean. And I lived in one for 23 years 0 shooting, 0 mass shooting, kids didnt get shot, co workers didnt get shot, people in theater didnt get shot, etc....
But go ahead and believe that there is no gun problem in the US.

You know what we mean. And I lived in one for 23 years 0 shooting, 0 mass shooting, kids didnt get shot, co workers didnt get shot, people in theater didnt get shot, etc....

Don't need to believe one way or another.

2/3rds of all gun related deaths are suicide. A gun is not a requirement for suicide, on the other side is the increase death toll when a gun is not the method chosen. I've posted the links before. In one case an individual jumped off a highway bridge killing not only himself, but the driver he jumped onto. A second case was a man who decided to commit suicide driving down the freeway the wrong way, took not only his, but another man with him. Then there was the woman who also drove the wrong way down the freeway. She lived, but she killed seven. Had each had a gun only three, not eleven would have died.

80% of the rest is gang related and happens in small areas of the Country. I say, put anyone with gang ties away for 30 plus years and let those neighborhoods recover. But we won't do this even though it would save thousands of life's each year.

The rest:

Police shootings that are in response to criminal acts where the police are protecting themselves or others.

Domestic Disputes. A large number of these are the weaker shooting the stronger and the stronger has attacked using a different tool, knife, hammer, bat, fist

Accidental: more rare than being hit by lightning

Bottom of the list, mass shootings. Nearly each one of these have involved the use of a single class of antidepressant. I've preached for several years that these should be banned for use under the age of full brain development, or age 24.

It's not a gun problem

There is no gun problem.

WRONG.....You wouldn't know it because you never enjoyed living in a free gun society....Most of the world does. That's why when we watch massacres in the US the first thing we all say in different languages: Crazy Americans and their love for guns and violence.
So you and your different-languaged brethren are right, contrary to statistics, because you spouted stupidity in unison?
Now that I live here and i became American, it saddens me that the gun lovers have no clue that their guns are useless against a tyrannical government...infact the government has everyone by the balls without a fight....and in the process thousands of people die including children in schools.
Well, I'm glad you believe that and all, but I think I'll stick to common sense and what our own government believes over that.

We don't have a gun problem we have a crime problem.

And since we do have a crime problem I choose to own firearms

WRONG.....You wouldn't know it because you never enjoyed living in a free gun society....Most of the world does. That's why when we watch massacres in the US the first thing we all say in different languages: Crazy Americans and their love for guns and violence.
So you and your different-languaged brethren are right, contrary to statistics, because you spouted stupidity in unison?
Now that I live here and i became American, it saddens me that the gun lovers have no clue that their guns are useless against a tyrannical government...infact the government has everyone by the balls without a fight....and in the process thousands of people die including children in schools.
Well, I'm glad you believe that and all, but I think I'll stick to common sense and what our own government believes over that.
What stats? All stars indicate that the US has a gun problem, thousands die each year, too many mass shootings, kids get shot at school...while other countries dont have to fear for their kids going to school.

Thousands said the same thing...one day they snap pickup their firearm and use it on loved ones, co workers, road rage, or themselves. In normal societies people use words fists or less lethal stuff....hence there are more homicides in the US than most countries.

What stats?
The ones showing that blacks are 13% of the population and commit over 50% of the country's murders. The ones showing El Salvador and other central American shitholes, which contribute to much of our illegal immigration, as having some of the highest murder rates on the planet (despite not so many guns).
All stars indicate that the US has a gun problem, thousands die each year, too many mass shootings, kids get shot at school...while other countries dont have to fear for their kids going to school.
Lots of words, not a lot of numbers from you.

Thousands said the same thing...one day they snap pickup their firearm and use it on loved ones, co workers, road rage, or themselves. In normal societies people use words fists or less lethal stuff....hence there are more homicides in the US than most countries.

Oh so you're one of those idiots who think that everyone is a murderer in waiting right?

And gun laws have no effect on the murder rate.

The murder rate in NH is far lower than the murder rate in CA even though NH has very lax gun laws and CA has very strict gun laws

All the gun laws passed in the UK since the 1960's have not lowered their murder rate below the level it was before all those gun laws were passed.

What stats?
The ones showing that blacks are 13% of the population and commit over 50% of the country's murders. The ones showing El Salvador and other central American shitholes, which contribute to much of our illegal immigration, as having some of the highest murder rates on the planet (despite not so many guns).
All stars indicate that the US has a gun problem, thousands die each year, too many mass shootings, kids get shot at school...while other countries dont have to fear for their kids going to school.
Aren't blacks Americans?

Oh so you're one of those idiots who think that everyone is a murderer in waiting right?

And gun laws have no effect on the murder rate.

The murder rate in NH is far lower than the murder rate in CA even though NH has very lax gun laws and CA has very strict gun laws

All the gun laws passed in the UK since the 1960's have not lowered their murder rate below the level it was before all those gun laws were passed.
Humm when was the last time there was a mass shooting at a school or public in the UK?

What stats?
Aren't blacks Americans?
Yeah. They're the ones that commit more than half our murders.

What stats?
Aren't blacks Americans?
I dont think they reached the number of atrocities that white Americans inflicted on natives and others around the world.

Last edited:
So you and your different-languaged brethren are right, contrary to statistics, because you spouted stupidity in unison?Well, I'm glad you believe that and all, but I think I'll stick to common sense and what our own government believes over that.
What stats?
Aren't blacks Americans?
I dont think they reached the number of atrocities that white Americans inflicted on natives and others around the world.
What are you talking about?

Forum List

Back