Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wa

Crazy idea. Let's eliminate the Federal minimum wage.

That's not crazy. Minimum wage mandates would not be necessary if we lived under a system of fair taxes and a budget balanced by law.

why not just balance the budget? Why do we need a law to do what we all know needs to be done?

Why dont we have a system of fair taxes? a 9% flat tax seems good. Why not that?

okey dokey...:eusa_whistle:
links in article at site.

SNIP:
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, October 3, 2011, 3:58 PM

These imbeciles are just as dumb as we thought. Occupy Wall Street protesters posted a proposed list of demands on their website today.
Thankfully, most American fifth graders aren’t this stupid.

A demonstrator dressed as a “corporate zombie” takes part in an Occupy Wall Street protest in lower Manhattan in New York October 3, 2011. The Occupy Wall Street protests moved into their third week on Monday with demonstrators camping out in Zuccotti Park. (REUTERS/Mike Segar)

From the Occupy Wall Street website, via Picket and Loesch:

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

read the rest with comments at..
Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wage” and “Across the Board Debt Forgiveness For All” | The Gateway Pundit

20 Dollar Minimum Wage? Holy shit lol. Talk about Inflationary. A gallon of milk is gonna be 9 Bucks if we raise the Minimum Wage that far all at once.

Crazy idea. Let's eliminate the Federal minimum wage.

That's not crazy. Minimum wage mandates would not be necessary if we lived under a system of fair taxes and a budget balanced by law.

why not just balance the budget? Why do we need a law to do what we all know needs to be done?

Why dont we have a system of fair taxes? a 9% flat tax seems good. Why not that?

That's what I've wondered. Do we really need laws to do basic things such as balancing a budget? Has the country become this retarded?

Those demands sound about as ridiculous as those on the right who want to end Social Security, welfare, and the income tax.

We did just fine from 1787 to about 1935 without them. Why did we need to save ourselves?

Just like Don't Taz Me Bro, you missed my point.

But how do you know that we did "just fine"?

Were you alive before SS?

Or the income tax?

SNIP:

These imbeciles are just as dumb as we thought. Occupy Wall Street protesters posted a proposed list of demands on their website today.

A demonstrator dressed as a “corporate zombie” takes part in an Occupy Wall Street protest in lower Manhattan in New York October 3, 2011. The Occupy Wall Street protests moved into their third week on Monday with demonstrators camping out in Zuccotti Park. (REUTERS/Mike Segar)

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wage” and “Across the Board Debt Forgiveness For All” | The Gateway Pundit

20 Dollar Minimum Wage? Holy shit lol. Talk about Inflationary. A gallon of milk is gonna be 9 Bucks if we raise the Minimum Wage that far all at once.

That is one of those consequences these kids haven't thought about.

Not only would milk be $9/gallon, but that nice new Mustang they wanted to buy would be in the neighborhood of $150k and the Yugo they got stuck with would be about $100k. Oh! And the banks won't be financing them if there is any possibility that every few months or so these spoiled brats (and that is what they are) are going to demand that all loans be forgiven.

Immie

Last edited:
Those demands sound about as ridiculous as those on the right who want to end Social Security, welfare, and the income tax.

We did just fine from 1787 to about 1935 without them. Why did we need to save ourselves?
It was a prelude to larger government and more control from the same government. The erosion of liberties.

Or the income tax?

No, I didn't miss it. We didn't need govt to take care of us before all of FDR's social programs. Why was there such a big conundrum in the 30's to push for a nanny state that answers all needs....but doesn't?

Last edited:
"Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy"

I need my Social security and I never got anything handed to me on a silver platter. That only happens to the very wealthy for they havent gotten wealthy from hard work but from barely paying others to make them rich. I paid into for 50 years. Or would you rather have people live in squalor because thats where we are headed. Back to the feudal system. Hope you like serfdom. The so called "american dream" is a complete joke unless "barely getting by is the definition of it."

Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy
before social security, 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line. social security is paid for... it is not charity. it is not a hand out.

links please. and make sure you explain what the/a poverty line is and how it applies then and now. thx.

you are very, very young. you seem to have no understanding of what a society should be. the randian/tea party would would be an extraordinary ugly one.

but i'm sure the koch brothers would love it. :thup:

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SNIP:

Well--the list goes on--but it's laughable. All of the talking heads were wondering what their demands were--it looks like it took them 3 weeks to make this list--and they just put it out.

Unbelievable--that you could have youth in this country--that could be sooo... economically inept--and devoid of actual knowledge on how this economy functions.

None of the Righties have addressed the issue that real wages haven't risen since the mid-70's but inflation has :eusa_whistle: :clap2:

Also "free-trade" means jobs-outsourcing as opposed to Fair-trade. Know what else gets outsourced? Profits.

And you haven't addressed that raising the minimum wage to $20 per hour would cause unprecedented inflation and an even worse depression.

But such is life :dunno:

Find the biggest radicals and make them the general rule...pfffft- TY propaganda machine...I'm for $10.50, the equivalent if 1968's min. wage. Doing away with the min. wage is just more Banana Republic stuff, unbelievable. BTW, the min wage in Australia is $15, NZ $13. Hello!!!!???

Or the income tax?

No, I didn't miss it. We didn't need govt to take care of us before all of FDR's social programs. Why was there such a big conundrum in the 30's to push for a nanny state that answers all needs....but doesn't?

No, you did miss it.

My point was that whether or not SS, welfare, and the income tax were necessarily at the time is meaningless NOW.

NOW, it's politically impossible for those programs to be ended. We didn't "need" them then - but our society certainly "needs" them now.

Just like the demands of the morons on Wall Street.

Find the biggest radicals and make them the general rule...pfffft- TY propaganda machine...I'm for $10.50, the equivalent if 1968's min. wage. Doing away with the min. wage is just more Banana Republic stuff, unbelievable. BTW, the min wage in Australia is $15, NZ $13. Hello!!!!???

Why does the federal government need to establish an minimum wage if it can be done by a state government, if that government finds it necessary?

"Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy"

I need my Social security and I never got anything handed to me on a silver platter. That only happens to the very wealthy for they havent gotten wealthy from hard work but from barely paying others to make them rich. I paid into for 50 years. Or would you rather have people live in squalor because thats where we are headed. Back to the feudal system. Hope you like serfdom. The so called "american dream" is a complete joke unless "barely getting by is the definition of it."

My parents are what you would call 'very wealthy'. They worked for it. They certainly didn't 'barely pay others' to make them rich, you fucking moron.

Stop fucking blaming others for your own failures.

These people are correct in believing that the Bankers and the Federal Reserve have too much control but seem to have no idea what to do about it.

they're talking about BANKS... not the fed so much.. BANKS... and corporate money polluting our political system.

How come their not talking about unions polluting the political system?[/QUOTE]

And the communist leader, Van Jones, urging them to anarchy. That is his ultimate goal and the protestors are uneducated, uninformed, idealistic kids who haven't a clue as to what is really in their best interests, such as a strong economy and leadership with American values. ***

"The people need to wake up! Union members need to wake up and distant themselves from people like Van Jones. Communists should not be part of our national debate. Have we forgotten about their track record; millions murdered by communist regimes. Their solutions lead to enslavement and tyranny.

"We cannot accept that state of being no matter what the cost. We must educate ourselves and find our way back to the basic principles that made America great. If we don’t many more will be used as pawns for the left to advance their radical agenda for America.

Liberty forever, freedom for all!"

Self avowed communist Van Jones: Selling his snake oil in Wisconsin | SENTRY JOURNAL

Forum List

Back