Good God!

Yep, it happens. In the military we heard of guys dying that way, idiots horsing around and not realizing the air pressure can rupture the colon.

Yep, it happens. In the military we heard of guys dying that way, idiots horsing around and not realizing the air pressure can rupture the colon.
This is evidently not THAT isolated an incident. These are working children being horribly tortured unto death and nobody knows why? unbelievable!

This is evidently not THAT isolated an incident. These are working children being horribly tortured unto death and nobody knows why? unbelievable!
I suspect it was stupidity rather than torture.

I suspect it was stupidity rather than torture.
You may be right, but Bangladesh is definitely off my Christmas Card list!

Hmmm, I wouldn't call shoving an air hose up someones rectum, "horsing around."

You wouldn't but some have. Never underestimate human stupidity.
Back in '07 I had an electrician friend, a Republican, that worked for KBR in Iraq for a year. He led a team in Mosul and surrounding areas at the time and we Emailed about 3 times a week, mostly newsy stuff. But when I heard about the American GIs that were killed by electrocution while taking a shower, about a dozen souls if I remember right, I was appalled and discussed this with him over the net. He told me that his teams were mostly Indian and Pakistani and neither they nor the local Iraqis completely understand American wiring so mistakes happened. None of these deaths were on his patch so he doesn't have this on his conscience, but his answer seemed almost like a shrug. We are still good friends BTW and I never bring it up.

You wouldn't but some have. Never underestimate human stupidity.
Back in '07 I had an electrician friend, a Republican, that worked for KBR in Iraq for a year. He led a team in Mosul and surrounding areas at the time and we Emailed about 3 times a week, mostly newsy stuff. But when I heard about the American GIs that were killed by electrocution while taking a shower, about a dozen souls if I remember right, I was appalled and discussed this with him over the net. He told me that his teams were mostly Indian and Pakistani and neither they nor the local Iraqis completely understand American wiring so mistakes happened. None of these deaths were on his patch so he doesn't have this on his conscience, but his answer seemed almost like a shrug. We are still good friends BTW and I never bring it up.

Three stinking wires in any electrical system. If the system to work safely i must be grounded. That is as fundamental as it gets and to say someone working on an electrical system doesn't understand that results in what happened. They all went to there to make a big pile of money and get out. Too bad for our service men.

Forum List

Back