Good friend closing business after 28 years.

Unk, it gets better, I promise.

I read more than a few of your posts and you don't seem to be getting better. In fact, you seem to be becoming more of a self-important douchebag with each post. Maybe you need a healthy dose of STFU.

I wasn't aware that I had someone tracking my progress at USMB.

But anyways.

In all seriousness Unkatore, what's at the root of all of this anger? And why do you always come crashing into posts with your guns drawn, insulting anything and everyone at the first chance you get? Are you gaining something from this?

And finally, where'd you come up with "Unkatore"? Kind of a unique name, I'm genuinely interested...

Kevin it is as old as the Internet...it's called..a troll.
And as a troll...it will never stop. No matter what you type - it will still lash out. It lives off of confusion and anger in others.
Without it...it will die and go away.
Let's help it die and go away....shall we?

In all seriousness Unkatore, what's at the root of all of this anger? .

In all seriousness, you tend to act like a pretentious douche. You probably don't want to think of yourself that way, so if I can help you puncture your bubble by throwing it in your face, well, you can thank me later.

Hate to see this. A good friend and colleague bought a business in 1984 that had been in existence since 1952. Between 1984 to 2000 he nearly tripled the business. His revenue last year was half what it was pre-recession.
In February he lost another large account...he can no longer survive.
I talked to him for a good 45 minutes this morning. His words hit home for me, and I bet a lot of you...

"I am so very disappointed in the direction this country has been going for the past 10-15years. For 16 years I provided great service and a consistent product that other businesses needed - and the orders just kept coming in. I would say 80% never even asked a price, they knew we took care of them and that my pricing was fair. In the past 12 years or so little by little it reached the point to where it is today - every single order people want the price up front so they can compare your price to someone else. They call back and ask if we can match a price they got from so and so, they call to see if I can do the job faster at the same time can I work with them on the price? There is no such thing as a fair price anymore. There is only the lowest price. I just can't do it anymore. I am sick to death of this "kill or be killed" environment where the only way you get new business is if you undercut someone else while they are trying to undercut you - all to try and satisfy a client base whose only concern is the price."

Fair isn't a valuable commodity.

Neither is good service anymore.

Hate to see this. A good friend and colleague bought a business in 1984 that had been in existence since 1952. Between 1984 to 2000 he nearly tripled the business. His revenue last year was half what it was pre-recession.
In February he lost another large account...he can no longer survive.
I talked to him for a good 45 minutes this morning. His words hit home for me, and I bet a lot of you...

"I am so very disappointed in the direction this country has been going for the past 10-15years. For 16 years I provided great service and a consistent product that other businesses needed - and the orders just kept coming in. I would say 80% never even asked a price, they knew we took care of them and that my pricing was fair. In the past 12 years or so little by little it reached the point to where it is today - every single order people want the price up front so they can compare your price to someone else. They call back and ask if we can match a price they got from so and so, they call to see if I can do the job faster at the same time can I work with them on the price? There is no such thing as a fair price anymore. There is only the lowest price. I just can't do it anymore. I am sick to death of this "kill or be killed" environment where the only way you get new business is if you undercut someone else while they are trying to undercut you - all to try and satisfy a client base whose only concern is the price."

Gently, I merely point out that this is market force competition. This is what happen when business comes before people. Simply is. I am sorry for your friend.

What changes would you suggest to correct the problem?

Forum List

Back