Good for the goose.

Has there been a case of straight people being refused at a gay establishment?

Do you think that gays should have the right to be able to not rent to people who hate them? Or to people who they disagree with personally or politically? I support the right of all people to not associate, or do business with, anyone they do not want to, do you?

No. You are 100% wrong-o here. The hotels can go private and rent rooms only to their group, if they like. Elsewise, "public accommodation" means public, Quantum Windbag.

I am actually 100% right, since you are assuming this was a hotel, when it was a guesthouse.

guesthouse - definition of guesthouse by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

You should know better than to jump to conclusions in my threads.

Not sure, but there have been complaints made by heterosexual couples of being heckled and harassed in Provincetown, Massachusetts which has a large gay population.

Really. Ventura California has a very large gay population too...and I was never heckled and I'm straight. Then again, I was the judge at most of the drag queen shows so maybe they thought it not too smart a thing to do. :lol:

Not sure, but there have been complaints made by heterosexual couples of being heckled and harassed in Provincetown, Massachusetts which has a large gay population.
Damn gays! How would they like a taste of the same medicine?

oh. I guess they do each and every day.

Do you think that gays should have the right to be able to not rent to people who hate them? Or to people who they disagree with personally or politically? I support the right of all people to not associate, or do business with, anyone they do not want to, do you?

No. You are 100% wrong-o here. The hotels can go private and rent rooms only to their group, if they like. Elsewise, "public accommodation" means public, Quantum Windbag.

I am actually 100% right, since you are assuming this was a hotel, when it was a guesthouse.

guesthouse - definition of guesthouse by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

The big conclusion was jumped to long ago. The 'guesthouse' is in England and our constitution don't cut much mustard over there.

The big conclusion was jumped to long ago. The 'guesthouse' is in England and our constitution don't cut much mustard over there.

Ah! Thanks for bringing that to my wandering attention.

The owners of the guesthouse should be free to decide who they cater to and deny whoever they want for whatever reason they want. It's their business, after all.

I agree. I feel you should be able to serve who you choose to serve.

I think it is funny though that the ones pushing for non discrimination are the very ones who want to discriminate. You cant have it both ways.

Forum List

Back