GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBOR
If Trump is all they had and Clinton is all we have this country is screwed. But on immigration, Trump is right. If a secure guarded wall will keep illegal immigration out of this country, I am all for building the wall. The status quo of the last president has not worked lets stop doing it. There is no excuse for 30 million people to be in this country illegally and we not knowing who they are and where they are. Illegal immigration is a crime and anyone entering this country illegally should be deported asap. And the automatic birthright citizenship should end because it is just an anchor for illegal aliens. Remembering that “good fences” make good neighbor” Boundaries and borders were created by GOD and for a reason. We have fences around our property to keep “trespassers” out why not a wall around this country to keep “trespassers out” Mexico has a southern border and strict immigration laws. We have a fence and security around the White House should that not tell us something? It is not just to keep criminals out but any one not invited. The same should apply to this country. No one allowed to enter without an invitation. Same goes for my home. No one enters my home without an invitation or they will be met with resistance.

"Good fences make good neighbors" --- interesting concept.

I don't have any fences around my home. Know what I do have? A bridge. Literally.
Know who lives on the other side of that bridge? Mexicans. Literally. We meet and greet there.

Just sayin'.

I don't think a wall is the answer. But it could be a part of an answer.
Trump has a pretty decent immigration plan, and I am very skeptical about immigration.

Mending Wall
Robert Frost, 1874 - 1963
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun;
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
The work of hunters is another thing:
I have come after them and made repair
Where they have left not one stone on a stone,
But they would have the rabbit out of hiding,
To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made,
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go.
To each the boulders that have fallen to each.
And some are loaves and some so nearly balls
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
‘Stay where you are until our backs are turned!'
We wear our fingers rough with handling them.
Oh, just another kind of outdoor game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
There where it is we do not need the wall:
He is all pine and I am apple orchard.
My apple trees will never get across
And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him.
He only says, ‘Good fences make good neighbors.'
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
'Why do they make good neighbors? Isn’t it
Where there are cows? But here there are no cows.
Before I built a wall I’d ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offense.
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,
That wants it down.' I could say ‘Elves’ to him,
But it’s not elves exactly, and I’d rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me,
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father’s saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, ‘Good fences make good neighbors.'
From The Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert Frost, edited by Edward Connery Lathem. Copyright 1916, 1923, 1928, 1930, 1934, 1939, 1947, 1949, © 1969 by Holt Rinehart and Winston, Inc. Copyright 1936, 1942, 1944, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1951, 1953, 1954, © 1956, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1962 by Robert Frost. Copyright © 1962, 1967, 1970 by Leslie Frost Ballantine.

I don't think a wall is the answer. But it could be a part of an answer.
Trump has a pretty decent immigration plan, and I am very skeptical about immigration.

Does it involve corncobs?
I hope not. You seem to have been pretty selfish with those.

They can be useful yanno....

bd49440c4f7a0c5d57a0816eed232c12.jpg

I don't have any fences around my home. Know what I do have? A bridge. Literally.
Know who lives on the other side of that bridge? Mexicans. Literally. We meet and greet there.

Just sayin'.

Not about Mexicans but about illegal aliens whomever they may be. You are trying to make this a racist issue and it is not.

I agree with Bob Fisher'

The Bible and borders
What we learn from the Bible is that borders are God's idea, and that such borders are to be respected. They are not to be crossed without permission.

Crossing a border without permission is like breaking in the back door of a house to help yourself to goodies instead of being invited in by the host through the front door. You might get to eat either way, in the same house and from the same cupboard, but in one case you would be doing something respectful and civil and in the other doing something that rightly should land you in jail

The Bible and borders

Just sayin'.

Not about Mexicans but about illegal aliens whomever they may be. You are trying to make this a racist issue and it is not.

Uhh --- what? :wtf:

Where did I even mention "race"? Are you not fluent in English?

If Trump is all they had and Clinton is all we have this country is screwed. But on immigration, Trump is right. If a secure guarded wall will keep illegal immigration out of this country, I am all for building the wall. The status quo of the last president has not worked lets stop doing it. There is no excuse for 30 million people to be in this country illegally and we not knowing who they are and where they are. Illegal immigration is a crime and anyone entering this country illegally should be deported asap. And the automatic birthright citizenship should end because it is just an anchor for illegal aliens. Remembering that “good fences” make good neighbor” Boundaries and borders were created by GOD and for a reason. We have fences around our property to keep “trespassers” out why not a wall around this country to keep “trespassers out” Mexico has a southern border and strict immigration laws. We have a fence and security around the White House should that not tell us something? It is not just to keep criminals out but any one not invited. The same should apply to this country. No one allowed to enter without an invitation. Same goes for my home. No one enters my home without an invitation or they will be met with resistance.
Good fences guarded by men with guns make GREAT neighbors

Build a fence or wall and they will tunnel under just like any dog would...

They already tunnel under the fences that are already built so what would stop them from doing it with an entire fence or wall built?

Oh and landmines and sniper guards remind me of East Berlin.

Also will the U.S. build a wall to prevent those unwanted Canadians out too?

You do know illegals come that way from other countries or were you unaware of this?

Also what about out of status visa holders?

You did not realize that this country has many here that have expired visas, so how will a wall stop them?

Illegals crossing south of our borders is trickle and we got better.
Compared that 500,000 I posted about tourists visa violations. Wall is just a waste we need a net to catch these tourists.

More Mexicans are now leaving the US than are entering it. Building a border will fuck that up.

Regarding accusations of racism -
You did kind of step over the line when you mentioned Mexico. But I don't think that deserved a Big Lebowski reaction
overtheline.jpg

Sometimes being sensitive with all we say and do is just an impossible task.

Obama's flooding this country with third worlders folks. Got tuberculosis? No problem. Wife pregnant? Hurry across the border so baby can have USA birth certificate and mom and dad are olly olly oxen free. Can't separate families and all that crap. Stupid gringos now have to eminent domain properties here so schools can be built for little pedro. And little pedro's parents won't be making enough money mowing lawns and selling tamales to pay taxes to help build this school.
I heard something about obama telling the border patrol to stand down on illegals. Looked it up, link below. How many more people, especially those with many needs and no assets, can America accomodate? Looks like Trump is the only one who can keep America from going down the tubes permanently.

Border Patrol Agents Ordered to Stand Down in Enforcing Immigration Laws

Obama's flooding this country with third worlders folks. Got tuberculosis? No problem. Wife pregnant? Hurry across the border so baby can have USA birth certificate and mom and dad are olly olly oxen free. Can't separate families and all that crap. Stupid gringos now have to eminent domain properties here so schools can be built for little pedro. And little pedro's parents won't be making enough money mowing lawns and selling tamales to pay taxes to help build this school.
I heard something about obama telling the border patrol to stand down on illegals. Looked it up, link below. How many more people, especially those with many needs and no assets, can America accomodate? Looks like Trump is the only one who can keep America from going down the tubes permanently.

Border Patrol Agents Ordered to Stand Down in Enforcing Immigration Laws

Daily Caller founder and publisher work for fox news. Read your link and analyze see if that make sense at all. That is of you understand what is going on with these unaccompanied children from CA countries.

No border wall is necessary. The wall issue is a total distraction from a very simple fact. The government does not enforce existing immigration law. Even worse, the federal and many local governments (sanctuary cities) are financially subsidizing the invasion which is criminal. Termination of all subsidies, benefits, medical care, education, legal protections etc. along with strict immigration law enforcement would compel the majority of invaders to self-deport. The hard core invaders who try to stay will eventually find employment in prison before being deported.

The border can be protected by reinforcing wall and fencing already in place in densely populated areas and the wilderness areas can be protected from enemy incursion with military personnel and technology like this:

This solution would be far less expensive than a border wall and much more effective!

Len

Forum List

Back